Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Old Mar 29, 19, 2:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN*, SPG Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

Yes, lots of flying... around.... but that would have received 13,750 award mikes in the past, next to nothing now.
Tell me about it. Renewing SEN this year but I will only get somewhere around 30k-40k award miles for it.
Old Mar 29, 19, 2:19 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky View Post
Tell me about it. Renewing SEN this year but I will only get somewhere around 30k-40k award miles for it.
And with the revised mileage chart from 9th May you won’t be going as far

When I see the award miles on some of my A tickets I don’t know wether to laugh or cry
Old Mar 29, 19, 3:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire AMB, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Going for SEN or HON? 13750 sounds like you would have to do it more than 40 times for HON ...
SEN, went exactly as planned with some wind challenges
Added quite well to previous travels and Award:Status miles conversion, so I can enjoy SEN for the first time
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:20 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by koriobg View Post
SEN, went exactly as planned with some wind challenges
Added quite well to previous travels and Award:Status miles conversion, so I can enjoy SEN for the first time
Welcome to SEN hope it meets your expectations & onwards & upwards
koriobg likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, LH SEN
Decided to go for HON this year, and found some interesting routes. This one looks good with Air Canada: AMS - YYZ - YQB - YYZ - AMS, 1400 euro / 12500 miles.
Old May 2, 19, 1:26 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr View Post
Decided to go for HON this year, and found some interesting routes. This one looks good with Air Canada: AMS - YYZ - YQB - YYZ - AMS, 1400 euro / 12500 miles.
Fun fact:
You won‘t get any HON Miles on Air Canada!
Old May 2, 19, 1:42 am

Programs: Lufthansa, United
Looks great except for the fact that you won't get any HON miles out of it. Good luck.
Old May 2, 19, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The UA/RU, GB companion and France sales in C/F are decent HON runs.
Old May 2, 19, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post

Looks great except for the fact that you won't get any HON miles out of it. Good luck.
... thanks a lot, I thought AC was one of the airlines where you could. Time for some more research ;-)
Old May 2, 19, 2:27 am

... thanks a lot, I thought AC was one of the airlines where you could. Time for some more research ;-)
You only get HON Circle Miles for revenue tickets booked in First or Business class on flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Private Jet, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair and SWISS.

In another thread, it is guesstimated that one HON mile on average costs EUR 0.10. So if you have another 350,000 HON miles to go in order to qualify, foresee an expected expense of around EUR 35-40 k.

A final consideration should be the fact that in order to take advantage of the benefits that HON status gives you, you should of course keep on flying the LH Group via DE/CH/AT also after you qualify. No point in being HON if later you only fly other *A carriers without touching the LH home bases - in such a scenario, HON status would not give you anything more than what the SEN status already provides (at a fraction of the expense).

Best of luck!
Old May 2, 19, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Vixit View Post

You only get HON Circle Miles for revenue tickets booked in First or Business class on flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Private Jet, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair and SWISS.

In another thread, it is guesstimated that one HON mile on average costs EUR 0.10. So if you have another 350,000 HON miles to go in order to qualify, foresee an expected expense of around EUR 35-40 k.

A final consideration should be the fact that in order to take advantage of the benefits that HON status gives you, you should of course keep on flying the LH Group via DE/CH/AT also after you qualify. No point in being HON if later you only fly other *A carriers without touching the LH home bases - in such a scenario, HON status would not give you anything more than what the SEN status already provides (at a fraction of the expense).

Best of luck!
Thanks, I'm based in ZRH and therefore almost every flight I take is one with LH Group!
Have been saving some CHFs for this run, so let's see how far I get ;-)
Old May 2, 19, 4:21 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
If you‘re based in ZRH there are some nice European Same day return mileage rubs you could do.

ZRH-GVA/MUC/DUS-FRA-CMN-FRA-GVA/MUC/DUS-ZRH in booking Class D costs around 1200 CHF and yields 15k miles.

ZRH-GVA/FRA/DUS-MUC-TBS-MUC-GVA/FRA/DUS-ZRH IN BOOKING CLASS d costs around 1300 CHF and yields 16k miles.

Both of those, however, you depart late afternoon and you fly through the night on an A320 and you have only an hour to connect in CMN and TBS at around 2 am and return the next morning. Works in CMN for sure, should also work in TBS.

The best way to get HON are the First Class companion Fares!
Old May 2, 19, 4:23 am

Programs: Lufthansa, United
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
If you‘re based in ZRH there are some nice European Same day return mileage rubs you could do.

ZRH-GVA/MUC/DUS-FRA-CMN-FRA-GVA/MUC/DUS-ZRH in booking Class D costs around 1200 CHF and yields 15k miles.

ZRH-GVA/FRA/DUS-MUC-TBS-MUC-GVA/FRA/DUS-ZRH IN BOOKING CLASS d costs around 1300 CHF and yields 16k miles.

Both of those, however, you fly through the night on an A320 and you have only an hour to connect in CMN and TBS at around 2 am. Works in CMN for sure, should also work in TBS.
Definitely good value, but brutal schedule. As they say, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised.
Nik_Jr and Nick Art like this.
Old May 2, 19, 4:27 am
Fairmont Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Definitely good value, but brutal schedule. As they say, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised.
As someone once said, we don‘t only pay with money for our frequent flying... :P

At least it‘s time saving as you only lose an afternoon and the next morning. But yes, I‘ve had more comfortable nights...
Nik_Jr likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post

Both of those, however, you depart late afternoon and you fly through the night on an A320 and you have only an hour to connect in CMN and TBS at around 2 am and return the next morning. Works in CMN for sure, should also work in TBS.

The best way to get HON are the First Class companion Fares!
Cool, I like it. Brutal schedule, but don't mind it at all.
And the First Class companion fares, one booked and looking at a 2nd now.

Search this Thread