Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:27 pm

[QUOTE=SleepOverGreenland;9114597]

Wine selections went down as well. Who the hell needs a Zweigelt, aside that it is from Austria.

I am sorry to say this but I guess you have no clue about wine - so when you do not know better not comment...
Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by AustrianFT
I am sorry to say this but I guess you have no clue about wine
LOL. I'm sorry to say, but you have no clue, where and how I grew up.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:41 am

I must admit, that the meal selections to Germany (LAX-FRA) were much better. Everything I tried was excellent.

I also tried the Shiraz this time and was surprised about the taste. Have overseen on the outbound flight, that this was from Washington state. Never had a well tasting Shiraz from Australia so far, but this one was a good one indeed and has a clearly different taste than the typical Australian ones. ^
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:48 pm
hch

Originally Posted by rcs85551
The options to/from Asia aren't something to write home about either.

And another interesting datapoint: the "express dine" option from FRA to SIN in F had very strange similarities with one of the 3 main dishes offered in C. Seems like they don't even really bother that much anymore as to present an express option with a real F dish...
Just got my usual op-up from C to F on FRA to SIN two days ago and the food was very nice. Hadn't time to compare the express choice to the C menu. Very nice service with the purser helping out during service in F all the time. Interestingly it was announced that the second purser is helping out in Business, not in Economy as they announce normally, maybe that's the new procedure for 80C 747 flights?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
LOL. I'm sorry to say, but you have no clue, where and how I grew up.
But what we know is that despite flying F you have to stay in hotels that do not offer invididual amenities but fixed bottles of shampoo on the wall...

Let´s hope that you have some budget left for some decent wine from time to time...
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by SenAOI
Just my two cts.:
I've been travelling to Japan recently, F and C return. The japanese food in both classes has been excellent. The wine selection fine. I have tried the Zweigelt and been much impressed by the fine quality. So everything went well. Flying back in C, the japanese platter with Sushi IMO has been even better than the F-product.
And then I had the nicest and friendliest crew of FAs ever. Same one to and from JP. ^^^
Salve Luigi
Unfortunately, LH is offering less choices for the Western menu. One appetizer is missing and there are only two entrees. In Dec one had the choice of beef or fish... Very uninspired menu, I was disappointed. But they haven´t introduced the etageres back on the Japnese routes...

With regards to Sushi - even thinking about offering it onboard is a joke. If you ever went to a Sushi restaurant in Tokyo, Luigi, you will never order that on board again :-)

Has anyone benefited from the new champagne selection? My menu last month had two new champagnes (although the still catered "D")...
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just discovered that the Japanese LH website carries menus of meals on offer in all three classes (but only in Japanese). No drinks menu, though.

Since both JL and NH publish their menus on their website (complete with pictures of course) I guess LH in Japan feel they should do the same, although I can’t imagine any Japanese choosing to fly LH because of the food on offer
Old Jan 27, 2008, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by SMK77
With regards to Sushi - even thinking about offering it onboard is a joke. If you ever went to a Sushi restaurant in Tokyo, Luigi, you will never order that on board again :-)
Fair enough, but also worth noting that OZ used to do rolled to order sushi on ICN-LAX that was not unimpressive.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I must admit, that the meal selections to Germany (LAX-FRA) were much better. Everything I tried was excellent.

I also tried the Shiraz this time and was surprised about the taste. Have overseen on the outbound flight, that this was from Washington state. Never had a well tasting Shiraz from Australia so far, but this one was a good one indeed and has a clearly different taste than the typical Australian ones. ^
Glad it is still excellent-so looking forward to my Lax-Fra flight on LH in F in April.
Do you recall what was served?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
...Do you recall what was served?
I believe Caviar was on the starter menu !
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I believe Caviar was on the starter menu !
But what kind of caviar?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Glad it is still excellent-so looking forward to my Lax-Fra flight on LH in F in April.
Do you recall what was served?
The current menu is for January and February only.

Do not recall all the details, but I had the Red Snapper as main course and some roasted duck as appetizer (aside a serving of caviar). As a desert I had a selection of fruits topped with Macadamia ice cream. As said, all was really good and unlike the westbound flight it was really a balanced menu with good choices.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by gleff
But what kind of caviar?
The farmed stuff. Nothing to write home about...
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:54 am

Thursday I'll be flying MUC-CLT on LH first

Does anybody know the LH First meny for February?

Reint
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Oslo Dutch
Thursday I'll be flying MUC-CLT on LH first

Does anybody know the LH First meny for February?

Reint
All I know is that SleepOverGreenland dislikes it enough to reschedule meetings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.