Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I am amazed that you can move your business trips from Feb to March just because you didn't like the meal onbaord ? Sounds like your original planned Feb trip was not that important after all ?

... I wish I had your problems ...
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:52 pm

Programs: mainly BA (Gold), UA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I am amazed that you can move your business trips from Feb to March just because you didn't like the meal onbaord ? Sounds like your original planned Feb trip was not that important after all ?

Good point!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I flew FRA-JFK last week and found the food excellent. The starter display of three tiers was impressive, and the fish main course was nice and tasty.

The crew were excellent as well ^
We are flying FRA-IAD the first week of February in F - would you mind making mention of the specific food offerings?
Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
We are flying FRA-IAD the first week of February in F - would you mind making mention of the specific food offerings?
Thanks!
I believe it is Filet of Squirrel with a Lizard-Truffle-Raspberry reduction sauce.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:28 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Wine selections went down as well. Who the hell needs a Zweigelt, aside that it is from Austria.
hi hi !!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by rcs85551
The options to/from Asia aren't something to write home about either...
I beg to differ - my wife flew home from Bangkok on Sunday and was quite pleased - told me about a nice starter - prawn with pomelosalad - only for me to find that they had a different menu going back from HKG a day later. However I was equally pleased with the selections available.
It is a meal in the air but it surely did beat both mains options the Western Cape Hotel & Spa Sheraton offered for their christmas menu....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Thumbs up

Just my two cts.:
I've been travelling to Japan recently, F and C return. The japanese food in both classes has been excellent. The wine selection fine. I have tried the Zweigelt and been much impressed by the fine quality. So everything went well. Flying back in C, the japanese platter with Sushi IMO has been even better than the F-product.
And then I had the nicest and friendliest crew of FAs ever. Same one to and from JP. ^^^
Salve Luigi
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SenAOI
Flying back in C, the japanese platter with Sushi IMO has been even better than the F-product.
If it's the Japanese platter I had earlier this month consisting of:

Sushi featuring Shrimp, Sea Eel and rolled Perilla Seeds,
Omelette, Chicken Matsukaze and sweet green Peas

then all I can say is next time you are in Japan you should try a proper Sushi restaurant

I knew it was a mistake as soon as I answered yes when a friendly FA asked me if I wanted a Japanese meal. If you enjoy Japanese meals do so while you are in Japan

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 4, 2009 at 1:58 am Reason: added photo
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by jgoodm
I believe it is Filet of Squirrel with a Lizard-Truffle-Raspberry reduction sauce.
Clever! I get it.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I flew in C last monday LAX-MUC and the quality of the meals at least in C was fine ^ even better than my last LH C flight in OCT 07.

However I find the way that it is served doesnt look very appearing anymore. My plate looked a little distressed to be diplomatic. The sauce jumped over the edge already and left a significant mess on the tablet.

It didnt bother me much as I was tired and glad that I sat in row 4 so the service was over fast and it was sleeping time
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
whats wrong with austrian zweigelt?!
Taste, smelling, color, ...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Rambuster

Luckily I can this time. ^
I just arranged the next (Feb) meeting to be held in Germany and so hope for March improvements.

The hope dies last.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:08 am

I must say that the curried chick peas I found in C recently were a pleasant surprise (veg meal) - surprise that my meal boarded, and surprise that they were so tasty. ^ and here is hoping that both trends continue
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Am I happy that I only have to decide between chicken or pasta in the back of the plane. The wine selction is also very easy. It is red or white.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
Originally Posted by Red BP
However, the FCT food beats the onboard food every time IMHO.
----------
I can't imagine any airline having better food in the air than their "restaurant" on the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.