Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are all LH flights so warm?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by exbayern
Just like the shower rooms in the lounges are very warm as well
Don't know about you, but I prefer a hot shower than a cold shower after a 10+ hrs flight.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:17 am

oh, I prefer a hot shower too, but I do not like to feel that I need a shower directly after I shower!
reggiekush likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:37 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Just arrived from a longhaul flight and all passengers were complaining, that it was too warm in the plane. They made it cooler, after the 5th passengers told the FAs, that it is too warm.

I can´t sleep good, when it is too warm.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
depends on AC type?

I always thought this was related to the type of Aircraft used. I find the temp aboard the A340's rather warm where as the 747 is generally colder?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by pilatusguy
I always thought this was related to the type of Aircraft used. I find the temp aboard the A340's rather warm where as the 747 is generally colder?
True. In particular the 346 seems to be very difficult to adjust the right temperature. It is always either much to warm (most often) or much to cold.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:44 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by pilatusguy
It was an A340 today.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
It drives me nuts that LH (among many others) can't provide personal air nozzles. Something to learn in the premium cabins.

I was on a BA flight in F the other day (and they usually do a good job keeping their air temps cool), and some lady gets on the plane, without blinking, walks over to the CSM, and asks for it to be heated up (who does she think she is?). I immediately walk up to him and say, "absolutely not." He winked at me, and cool it remained. I was pleased.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I love Lufthansa, but why do the planes have to be so warm?

I'm on LH459 and they have the heater cranked up to level Palm Springs in August. Why on earth do they have to do this. I've basically been unable to sleep because of it and the FA just shined me on and brought me an ice water. Not the first time I've noticed this, and I know there is a stereotype about Germans (especially Bavarians) loving hot transport, but come on. It is made worse by the lack of gaspers.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:16 am

Isn't public transport fun?

I am sure you can find at least a dozen threads about Europeans complaining about the cold cabins on US carriers. It's a cultural thing, suck it up and/or fly another airline.

On a related note, I was shocked when I noticed locals shutting the windows on the U-Bahn during the summer. Then they explained to me that some people in Munich are convinced that the air in the tunnels is dirty, so they (angrily) shut all windows if they see one open. I wonder if they realize the air in the stations comes from the same place, or if they just hold their breath for the whole journey.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:03 am

Boarded 1642 the other day, boiling hot cabin however, whilst taxiing and lining up for our turn to take-off, the captain eventually got in touch saying that there was an issue and that the temperature would have been slightly more comfortable once up in the air (there was no improvement to be honest, but I refuse to think that the captain turned the heating on in purpose ).

G
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Isn't public transport fun?

I am sure you can find at least a dozen threads about Europeans complaining about the cold cabins on US carriers. It's a cultural thing, suck it up and/or fly another airline.

On a related note, I was shocked when I noticed locals shutting the windows on the U-Bahn during the summer. Then they explained to me that some people in Munich are convinced that the air in the tunnels is dirty, so they (angrily) shut all windows if they see one open. I wonder if they realize the air in the stations comes from the same place, or if they just hold their breath for the whole journey.
When Germans close windows on buses, trains or in cars it's usually because of "Zugluft", the nemesis of all middle-aged and older Germans.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Whenever you board an SQ plane, the temperature is well controlled and cooled down. But all LH/LX planes are terribly hot upon boarding .
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
When Germans close windows on buses, trains or in cars it's usually because of "Zugluft", the nemesis of all middle-aged and older Germans.
Writing this from the dining room at the Munich Marriott (with the Germans going nuts in the sports bar with their team playing right now in the Eurocup), I can ad another story about Germans and closed car windows.

Pay for fuel on the autobahn outside of Weisbaden, an older gentlemen searching for me while inside paying. He demanded to know who was driving the Mecedes E class wagon. I said I was. He was very upset- my driver's window was open. I have always left my driver window open while fueling since I locked the keys in my car in a south Florida gas station in 1982 at age 17.

I asked one of my German counterparts why this man was so upset my window was open, he came searching for me inside a gas station. My German counterpart explained Germany is full of very, very good thiefs (from areas beyond German borders, and they will not miss an opportunity to steel in ones car and be gone in a split second.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by N1120A
I'm on LH459 and they have the heater cranked up to level Palm Springs in August. Why on earth do they have to do this. I've basically been unable to sleep because of it and the FA just shined me on and brought me an ice water. Not the first time I've noticed this, and I know there is a stereotype about Germans (especially Bavarians) loving hot transport, but come on. It is made worse by the lack of gaspers.

This is my number one pet peeve with regard to TK, which I otherwise enjoy. Sad to hear it is also regularly afflicting LH, since I'm flying BOS>MUC in two weeks.

Dunno where you were seated, but if it was in Y, were things any better toward the front? We'll be in J, but I'm unaware if there are separate climate controls for various regions of the plane.

Finally, are there any magic words I could use to convince an FA we'd all sleep better if it were 68 as opposed to 78?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I can speak for LX and the cabin temperature is always much to warm, anything above 21c is to warm and they always set temperatures towards 24c

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.