Search

New M&M rules as of 01/08/2004

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2004, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN
New M&M rules as of 01/08/2004

Hi,

just happened to read the new Miles&More rules on www.miles-and-more.com. They are valid as of 1st Aug. this year and will bring severe changes in both the accrual and redemption section of M&M.

Just a few highlights:
- accrual depending on class of booking (Y, B receive more miles, T only 125 miles within europe)
- status miles calculated from actual miles flown
- 2 senator voucher each time you qualify for senator (no more 50.000-jumps)
- reduction for award miles needed (e.g. Europe-Australia 100.000/160.000/200.000)
- no more upgrades from T/S/W-class; upgrades from B->F more expensive.

What do you reckon? Is this a major blow to the Programme?
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:02 am

Programs: LH Senator

I can't find any information on this point. Where have you seen that. The new mileage calculator appears to calculate it the "old-fashioned" way.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:31 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davidcito:
Hi,

just happened to read the new Miles&More rules on www.miles-and-more.com. They are valid as of 1st Aug. this year and will bring severe changes in both the accrual and redemption section of M&M.

Just a few highlights:
- accrual depending on class of booking (Y, B receive more miles, T only 125 miles within europe)
- 2 senator voucher each time you qualify for senator (no more 50.000-jumps)
- reduction for award miles needed (e.g. Europe-Australia 100.000/160.000/200.000)
- no more upgrades from T/S/W-class; upgrades from B-&gt;F more expensive.

What do you reckon? Is this a major blow to the Programme?
</font>

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...049741,00.html shows the old way too, but ONLY on M&M integrated carriers and UA!

[This message has been edited by peter42 (edited Mar 12, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:43 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Uhh, I will need time to get thru that!
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:54 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Lufthansa is basically making the whole thing a lot more complicated and making it really hard to earn miles or use upgrades on bargain fares. This comes close to a "miles-per-dollar" model. I somewhat understand what they are trying to do from a business perspective, but it just really complicates things...with the different booking classes, etc. And it makes bargain-hunting more unattractive.

I think this really favors people who have stocked up on miles and makes it harder to earn miles with flights for which you paid yourself in the future.

Overall, I will have to look deeper into it, but there are some things I find annoying, especially how it is so much harder for LH people to receive and use upgrades, while UA, with which LH has reciprocity agreements, gives its top tier people many more upgrades which they can use on LH.

I am actually considering canceling an award I had gotten for my parents and instead just buying the ticket, since redemption prices have actually gone down slightly.

[This message has been edited by attorney28 (edited Mar 12, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:08 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davidcito:
</font>
Please show me where I can find F class for 200K miles on the chart!

All reductions in C and Y and for F it remained the same. ****!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.