Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
VIE is a easier to navigate than CDG. The red uniforms are nice, too.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by coxm
.. The red uniforms are nice, too.
You've got to be kidding us ? Those poor girls having to wear those awful red uniforms and stockings !
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Rambuster
You've got to be kidding us ? Those poor girls having to wear those awful red uniforms and stockings !
Actually, I like them as well but I don't have to wear them
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by coxm
VIE is a easier to navigate than CDG. The red uniforms are nice, too.
And the service and food are so much better on OS that there is really no decision to be made that puts AF into the picture in any way.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
And the service and food are so much better on OS that there is really no decision to be made that puts AF into the picture in any way.
What about the seat? I wasn't impressed with the OS 767 seat (I keep sliding down when I sleep). Is AF any better?

Granted, I like OS service very much, and connecting in Vienna is always pleasant.

Shuly
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by shuly
What about the seat? I wasn't impressed with the OS 767 seat (I keep sliding down when I sleep). Is AF any better?
If you don't like sliding down (neither do I), then BA is the airline you should be looking at. Their business seats are a flat 180 degrees. I always try to take BA on overnight flights so I can sleep well.

Or LH/LX F does nicely as well.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shuly

Granted, I like OS service very much, and connecting in Vienna is always pleasant.

Shuly
The AF seat is nothing to write home about. I have not recently flown OS but the tilted seat can be no worse than that on AF.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by monitor
The AF seat is nothing to write home about. I have not recently flown OS but the tilted seat can be no worse than that on AF.
That;s good to know. Leaning toward OS now...

Yes, I love the BA seat (did several segments with them last summer), but this would entail several more hours and much more $$$.

Shuly
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
booked a ltur last minute LH ticket yesterday, very happy with the result 167€ to Stockholm two days before departure in W..^

Ticket issued in 1A, so download via eitr possible too...

Code:
                            ELECTRONIC TICKET
                       PASSENGER ITINERARY RECEIPT

L'TUR TOURISMUS AG                 DATE: 29 JUNE 2010
 AUGUSTAPLATZ 8                    AGENT: 1212
 NONE                               NAME: 2002/OLIVER MR
 76530  BADEN-BADEN

TELEPHONE: 01805-212121

ISSUING AIRLINE                        : LUFTHANSA
 TICKET NUMBER                          : ETKT 220 1111111111
 FORM OF IDENTIFICATION                 :
 BOOKING REF : AMADEUS: Zxxxx, AIRLINE: LH/Zxxxx
 FROM /TO         FLIGHT CL DATE  DEP   FARE BASIS    NVB   NVA   BAG ST

MUNICH          LH 3022 W  xxJUN 1935  WAXTURE       xxJUN xxJUN 20K OK
 TERMINAL:2
 STOCKHOLM ARLAN                  ARRIVAL TIME: 2140
 TERMINAL:5         LATEST CHECK-IN:1855

STOCKHOLM ARLAN LH 3021 W  xxJUL 1805  WAXTURE       xxJUL xxJUL 20K OK
 TERMINAL:5
 MUNICH                           ARRIVAL TIME: 2015
 TERMINAL:2         LATEST CHECK-IN:1725

AT CHECK-IN, PLEASE SHOW A PICTURE IDENTIFICATION AND THE DOCUMENT YOU
 GAVE FOR REFERENCE AT RESERVATION TIME

ENDORSEMENTS  : VALID LH ONLY -NONEND- REBOOK- REROUTING-REFUND NOT
                 PERMITTED
 TOUR CODE     : IT9LH2ZCV
 PAYMENT       : INVOICE

FARE CALCULATION  : MUC LH STO LH MUC M/IT ENDXT5.28DE17.06YA

AIR FARE          :     IT
 TAX               :           58.00YQ         17.94RA         22.34XT
 TOTAL             :     IT
Old Jun 30, 2010, 2:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thumbs down

Just arrived in my Inbox:

Now on lufthansa.com: new navigation and social bookmarking feature

From now on you can reach your destination even faster on lufthansa.com – thanks to the new main navigation and a new page structure it is much easier to find relevant content. Moreover you can now share Lufthansa flight offers and interesting information with your friends quickly and easily by means of our social bookmarking feature – whether via Facebook, Twitter or other social networking sites.

Try it out here now
... takes me to this:

Thank you for your understanding

Some parts of our online services are temporarily unavailable.

The flight booking process remains fully functional.

For Check-in and timetable requests, please go to mobile.lufthansa.com
Too many people trying out the new feature at the same time?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

"Manager of the Year 2010" interview

http://www.handelsblatt.com/unterneh...stehen;2611618 (in German)
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
booked a ltur last minute LH ticket yesterday, very happy with the result 167€ to Stockholm two days before departure in W..^
Don't get LTUR-tickets anymore for MUC-ZRH

The cheapest ticket for a nonstop connection on LH.com is actually >500 EUR (and gives 1876 miles).

There are cheaper connections via FRA or DUS (even with a good mileage-ratio).
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by rorschi
Don't get LTUR-tickets anymore for MUC-ZRH

The cheapest ticket for a nonstop connection on LH.com is actually >500 EUR (and gives 1876 miles).

There are cheaper connections via FRA or DUS (even with a good mileage-ratio).
Hmm... you are right, any German starting point other than MUC is available: http://www.ltur.com/de/search.ltml?s...&view=0&zo=ZRH
Old Jul 2, 2010, 3:51 pm

Hope you can help me, I (fortunately) haven't had to fly over FRA for quite a while. Now I sponsered my better half ( ) a trip in business class ZRH - FRA - CAN and way back NKG - FRA - ZRH. (120.000 miles, I loved you...)

Obviously, ZRH will have her in the LX business lounge (as it will be from Gate A) but what about FRA? I know they did some serious changes of the business lounges, and last time I've been there the lounge was massively overcrowded (That was in the Schengen-part.. fortunately not enough experienced in FRA to already be able to know all the layout myself, I think it was the C/SEN lounge near Gate A28 iirc)

As she got around 3 hours to spend in FRA, I assume she is best off to move into Non-Schengen area and go into the closest lounge from her gate and wait there.. and here is where I have absolutely no clue, neither where the flight to NKG will depart from (usually) nor which lounge she should take. I guess if the closest lounge is crap she could find another further away one too (She is not a frequent traveller but could do CDG alone, so I guess she should be fine)

On the way back, to ZRH, I guess it will be just the lounge close to Gate A28 (which hopefully won't be crowded now they opened other longes too?)

Oh, and I assume I read correct on LH page that NKG doesn't have any lounge to use for LH passengers?

Last question, I hope it was smart to choose Lufthansa C over Austrian C in their 767 to PEK (for the flight eastwards, it didn't matter if CAN or PEK) - while I heard good things about catering from Austrian, seats should be much worse, right? (I know only the LH seat in C, which I think is fairly decent)

Thanks a lot for your help ^
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
As she got around 3 hours to spend in FRA, I assume she is best off to move into Non-Schengen area and go into the closest lounge from her gate and wait there.. and here is where I have absolutely no clue, neither where the flight to NKG will depart from (usually) nor which lounge she should take. I guess if the closest lounge is crap she could find another further away one too (She is not a frequent traveller but could do CDG alone, so I guess she should be fine)
The CAN flight seems to depart from a C gate but this being FRA it could change by the time she travels. If departing from a C gate there are Business Lounges which are quite decent with direct access to the jetbridge.

Last question, I hope it was smart to choose Lufthansa C over Austrian C in their 767 to PEK (for the flight eastwards, it didn't matter if CAN or PEK) - while I heard good things about catering from Austrian, seats should be much worse, right? (I know only the LH seat in C, which I think is fairly decent)
I agree I find LH C seats less uncomfortable than OS C seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.