Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Yes, but the LX SEN lounge has improved over the last months in terms of food offerings. ^
Yes, but not in terms of access.

The times of lounge-visits after arrival (after 1 pm) have gone for Qualiflyer Travelclub / Qualiflyer Travelclub Gold / STC Gold / SEN -members now
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Hi from a new member, both here and in M&M. I have temp card for M&M yet.

I have a question (i used the search function, i got no meaningful results): Is the a way to creceive my permanent card before the 1st trip?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by jortheo
Hi from a new member, both here and in M&M. I have temp card for M&M yet.

I have a question (i used the search function, i got no meaningful results): Is the a way to creceive my permanent card before the 1st trip?
Welcome jortheo !
You need account activity to receive a permanet card. Anything will do like car rental, hotel points, whatever.
Just make sure your number is in the booking then you don't need the temporary card.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Lounge access without *A gold card possible?

Hello, since last friday I´m a happy BD DC *A gold member. On the upcoming monday I´m booked on a LH operated flight (with a BD flight number) DUS-NCL. Will it be possible for me to use the first class check in without the gold card just with my BD/DC gold membership number? And what about lounge access?

BTW I unfortunetly did not find a temporary / virtual gold card in my account which I´m able to print out.

Any informations are welcome!

Thank you in advance....

So long,

Thrustreverse
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
Hello, since last friday I´m a happy BD DC *A gold member. On the upcoming monday I´m booked on a LH operated flight (with a BD flight number) DUS-NCL. Will it be possible for me to use the first class check in without the gold card just with my BD/DC gold membership number? And what about lounge access?
Advice given on this forum appears to be to take as much documentary evidence as possible with you, such as a printout of your DC membership record showing your new membership level.

On the other hand some DC members have reported their DC *G card not being recognised by partner airline staff who had never heard of BD.

Let's hope that LH check-in and lounge staff at DUS have heard of BD/DC. Good luck!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
Thrustreverse

So you're responsible for those higher fuel bills?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FRANKFURTER FLUGHAFEN
Sicherheitspersonal soll mehr lächeln

"Bitte recht freundlich: Die Aktion "Mit Sicherheit ein Lächeln" soll Flughafenangestellte in Frankfurt zu einem netteren Umgang mit Passagieren motivieren. Die Sicherheitskontrollen seien die "Visitenkarte" des Airports, sagte der neue Fraport-Chef Schulte...."
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:24 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by rambuster
frankfurter flughafen
sicherheitspersonal soll mehr lächeln

"bitte recht freundlich: Die aktion "mit sicherheit ein lächeln" soll flughafenangestellte in frankfurt zu einem netteren umgang mit passagieren motivieren. Die sicherheitskontrollen seien die "visitenkarte" des airports, sagte der neue fraport-chef schulte...."
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
FRANKFURTER FLUGHAFEN

"Bitte recht freundlich: Die Aktion "Mit Sicherheit ein Lächeln" soll Flughafenangestellte in Frankfurt zu einem netteren Umgang mit Passagieren motivieren. Die Sicherheitskontrollen seien die "Visitenkarte" des Airports, sagte der neue Fraport-Chef Schulte...."
Maybe they should first train them *not* to shove the empty x-ray trays at/into pax...
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
FRANKFURTER FLUGHAFEN

I don't care if they smile or not. There are many other things that should be changed first at the security controls in FRA!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
FRANKFURTER FLUGHAFEN

strange initiative. I second SmilingBoy that there are more important things to do.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 1:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I was reminded of this thread.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Maybe they should first train them *not* to shove the empty x-ray trays at/into pax...
Agreed Completely.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FRA "security" really is the worst IMHO in Germany. DUS has recently gone in the direction of FRA, but HAM, STR and MUC are still pretty OK.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
FRA "security" really is the worst IMHO in Germany. DUS has recently gone in the direction of FRA, but HAM, STR and MUC are still pretty OK.
Yes .. it's a grimm business @FRA. Along "guilty until proven less guilty". But ZRH makes a huge effort to beat FRA in terms of long queues and nanomanagement of petty issues.

The master deed of ZRH security was that they made me empty my transparent plastic zipper bag I bought from UA in GRU and tested its volume! It came back as being 1.0_something_tiny litres . I had to refill my gel explosives into one of their plastic baggies ... and they fit ... much to the surprise of the chimpanzee who tested my 'faulty' baggie just before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.