Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by andre1970
@:-) : Why don't we change it to something similar to "Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An LH Forum Game" so that I can at least rack up some points?
yeah

only you could make such a suggestion. wait... a few others come to my mind as well

nothing can beat the original game
Old May 8, 2007, 3:28 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by chrissxb
yeah

only you could make such a suggestion. wait... a few others come to my mind as well

nothing can beat the original game
There is no thread about the RHE 'Champagne' DO 2008, only the date seams fixed on the 12th-13th April 2008. Do you think, we cannot drink more than 2 days ?
Old May 8, 2007, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Anybody on the DUS - TXL route today? I am sitting in the DUS DC lounge, flying over to Berlin for the evening on a 58 Euro all inclusive AB return ticket. LH is loosing more and more of my business...
Originally Posted by qasr
Not sure if LH minds losing the 58 Euro ticket.
Well, there were times when I paid 500 Euro for the trip to LH. My turnover on the DUS - TXL route with LH went dramatically down and most of it went to AB. BTW: The same on the DUS - LHR route - most of it went to BA.
Old May 8, 2007, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by szg
There is no thread about the RHE 'Champagne' DO 2008, only the date seams fixed on the 12th-13th April 2008. Do you think, we cannot drink more than 2 days ?
oh, you can. thread follows in june. and you can start sippling champagne friday night ... and if there are enough people, you may want to organize a netjet service from FRA to RHE and even start with champagne in the FCT
Old May 8, 2007, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
... you may want to organize a netjet service from FRA to RHE and even start with champagne in the FCT
Count us in for that rather than taking the dull old TGV from CDG to RHE. ^

All we need to do is meet in the FCT when the US flights come in during the morning and send the NetJet out late afternoon. That will give everybody enough time to do some damage to LH's stock of Champagne. ^ ^
Old May 8, 2007, 6:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
and if there are enough people, you may want to organize a netjet service from FRA to RHE and even start with champagne in the FCT
This will be difficult:

"The Reims Champagne airport will be closed to public air traffic starting Saturday 1st July 2006."
(http://www.reims-champagne-welcome.com/index_gb.php)

SmilingBoy.
Old May 8, 2007, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monitor
Count us in for that rather than taking the dull old TGV from CDG to RHE. ^
its the latest generation TGV. not dull at all

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
This will be difficult:

"The Reims Champagne airport will be closed to public air traffic starting Saturday 1st July 2006."
(http://www.reims-champagne-welcome.com/index_gb.php)

SmilingBoy.
so its netjet to Beauvais - or CDG
Old May 8, 2007, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In Toulouse, someone told me that AF was building a First Class Terminal at CDG in order to compete with LH. If that is so, will it be ready by next April?
Old May 8, 2007, 6:55 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Well, there were times when I paid 500 Euro for the trip to LH. My turnover on the DUS - TXL route with LH went dramatically down and most of it went to AB. BTW: The same on the DUS - LHR route - most of it went to BA.
Today everybody had to calculate the costs. So, if there are cheap flights with other carriers, I also take this tickets. At SZG I don´t have much choice for other carriers.
Old May 8, 2007, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In Toulouse, someone told me that AF was building a First Class Terminal at CDG in order to compete with LH. If that is so, will it be ready by next April?
there was never talk about a whole terminal. only a new F checkin area in the E-Terminal, a dedicated lounge and limousine service.
btw: no doubles for you
Old May 8, 2007, 7:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Taken a wrong turn? This isn't the WWBTNFTMTP:AOG thread.
The OMNI count down from 100000 and who is next to post are pretty popular with some guys here. Sometimes I wonder...
Old May 8, 2007, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
...Sometimes I wonder...
Sometimes I do also.
Old May 8, 2007, 7:42 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes I do also.
The world is full of wonders
Old May 8, 2007, 10:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sometimes I do also.
This was in reference with the failed motion to remove from the postcount any and all OMNI posts which some members use to inflate their post count to make them look like veterans of FT. But the motion was defeated at the TB, so nuff said.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679521
Old May 8, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Arrow chrissxb, monitor

yeah

Actually, to make things more interesting, are there any sponsors? Talking about something annoyingly trivial, kinda cheap, worthless in nature. And Chris, since (I guess) you are in the talks with houses in Reims for the upcoming smash-hit DO, how about something that perfectly fits the above description like say, a bottle of Jacquart Brut Mosaique? One will no longer have to fly LH C to enjoy a flûte of this ...precious liquid!

That way, this thread can also very easily serve as a promo / preliminary sign-up thread for the Reims - Champagne DO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.