Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Yeah, more than 6 hours. But no picture taking or fingerprinting. Like in the good old days.

Last edited by flysurfer; Aug 12, 2007 at 11:19 am
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Ouch.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7290: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

SAS is odd.

Booked business class (D) ARN-CPH.

Changed my flight to an earlier one at check-in. BP says class "Y".

I ask about it and get the reply that on intra-Scandinavian flights there is one cabin only.

Now - onboard, I it just ahead of the curtain! (Huh - one cabin but a curtain?)

OT, I know. Unless the LH*G on my BP makes this on-topic...

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7290: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

SAS is odd.

Booked business class (D) ARN-CPH.

Changed my flight to an earlier one at check-in. BP says class "Y".

I ask about it and get the reply that on intra-Scandinavian flights there is one cabin only.

Now - onboard, I it just ahead of the curtain! (Huh - one cabin but a curtain?)

OT, I know. Unless the LH*G on my BP makes this on-topic...

SmilingBoy.
Yup, you were probably on an MD-8x, or a A321...

MD-8x has only a 20 cm curtain above/behind the last biz seats, for both the port/starboard side 3 seats....doesn't do much visual blocking....
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:44 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I just wanted to say hello, and I think this is the best place for me to do this (if I understood the rules correctly). I live in Germany but was born i Norway. I am not sure, yet, that I understand even 10 % of the discussions in this forum due to lots of expert-flyer-language, but I am trying to find my way around, having found out that other sites (tripadvisor.com etc.) does not alwasy give me the "right" answers.

One little question (at least I could not find the answer anywhere else): Is there any way at all to get into the HON/1st class lounge in Frankfurt if one has no HON card (still a few flights to go) and only an intercontinental C-ticket?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:20 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yup, you were probably on an MD-8x, or a A321...

MD-8x has only a 20 cm curtain above/behind the last biz seats, for both the port/starboard side 3 seats....doesn't do much visual blocking....
Just back from my Greenland adventure. 5 hours in C (CPH-SFJ) on an A319 - will never fly with SAS again.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by szg
Just back from my Greenland adventure. 5 hours in C (CPH-SFJ) on an A319 - will never fly with SAS again.
I swore to myself that I would never fly SK, and would *drive* to DK from HAM now...

SK CS is not even replying to my e-mails...there are *so* many issues with them...

My brother found a way how to fly into AAL without flying on SK - flew in on a private jet!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:28 pm
jog

Programs: LH FT, AB Gold, bahn.comfort
Wink

SK CS is not even replying to my e-mails...there are *so* many issues with them...
You have to send compliments, then they are replying -at least they did last year (The pilots could not retract the gear on our flight CPH-AAR and returned to CPH after 15 minutes. One hour later we were in another aircraft on our way again. The way the captain communicated with the passengers and got everything organized was in my opinion perfect, so I wanted to let his supervisors know this.)
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I swore to myself that I would never fly SK, and would *drive* to DK from HAM now...

My brother found a way how to fly into AAL without flying on SK - flew in on a private jet!
Netjets is the way to go (if you have the petty cash). I have the brochures on my desk and they even came to see me a couple of weeks ago for a sales pitch. Unfortunatley I will not sign up, as I cannot justify it commercially (yet)...
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by jog
You have to send compliments, then they are replying -at least they did last year (The pilots could not retract the gear on our flight CPH-AAR and returned to CPH after 15 minutes. One hour later we were in another aircraft on our way again. The way the captain communicated with the passengers and got everything organized was in my opinion perfect, so I wanted to let his supervisors know this.)
Right - I did this after they delayed a flight more than 50 minutes into CPH, but they (probably LH's fault in ground handling) first:

1. Gave my Economy Extra seat away to someone else, due to my arrival 22 mins before the flight (security was taking their time to screen everybody).

2. LH rep on board SK flight gave me me a secondary seat that did not exist.

3. SK FA gave me a seat all the way in the back, window, when I originally had an aisle!

4. They started off-loading baggage, as apparently some pax didn't show - was that mine? (idiots at LH FRA), and delayed us at least 40 mins.

We lost our slot to take off, then on the landing, pilot aborted because CPH ATC didn't give them enough runway on their vector (whatever), so they went around for safety with a full flight, which I applaud them for doing, and then sent a compliment to SK.

5. Baggage was reportedly "short-shipped" at FRA, according to Denmark SK rep!

(still no reply, except canned e-mail response)
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Netjets is the way to go (if you have the petty cash). ....as I cannot justify it commercially (yet)...
Neither can I, and doubt that I would be able to, in the near future!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk Musken

Originally Posted by Musken
One little question (at least I could not find the answer anywhere else): Is there any way at all to get into the HON/1st class lounge in Frankfurt if one has no HON card (still a few flights to go) and only an intercontinental C-ticket?
Yes. If a HON of F passenger travelling on the same flight as you brings you in as their guest. Otherwise no.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:12 pm
jog

Programs: LH FT, AB Gold, bahn.comfort
We lost our slot to take off, then on the landing, pilot aborted because CPH ATC didn't give them enough runway on their vector (whatever), so they went around for safety with a full flight, which I applaud them for doing, and then sent a compliment to SK.
So probably the captain of my flight was promoted from the Q400 thanks to my email in the meantime...

But I have to admit that also the only other SK trip I ever did in my life also went not as planned (missed connection with an unplanned night at CPH), i.e. my statistics with them is worse than the one I have with Deutsche Bahn...

Edit: Just to be on topic, I collected 125 M&M miles for each of these flights besides the CPH-CPH flight (maybe I should have tried to claim them to avoid getting an answer from them...)

Last edited by jog; Aug 16, 2007 at 3:22 pm
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:45 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I will send SAS a letter with all my experiences on my last 4 flights and believe me, that is a long letter.

I have sworn, if it is not necessary, I will never fly SAS again. Now I have seen, how happy I am with OS, LH and LX.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
[SIZE=1]...OT, I know. Unless the LH*G on my BP makes this on-topic...
As a veteran of the DL Lounge thread, I always have been under the impression that there is no such thing as being OT in the thread, whether or not DL has been mentioned or has any connection whatever to the post. I have recently come to disapprove of this as there are now too many non-fliers participating over there nd distracting from the posts of people who sort of have something to say about air travel.

I am assuming that whether or not there will be similar procedures here, the mere fact that you had LH*G on your BP would serve to make any post completely acceptable evein if the DL practice is to be followed. Also see the "Penalty Box" thread on CO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.