Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Closed Thread

Old Feb 3, 09, 1:11 am
hch

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Can anyone remember if there are going to be better SEN lounges at FRA? If so, when?
FRA just got a new SEN lounge last year (the C14/15 one). There will be another new one this year, over the A26 FCL to replace the current A non-Schengen lounge which will fall victim to the contruction of the new A0 concourse. With the rennovation of the B-East pier it will also grow a new SEN lounge replacing the current B lounge, probably in 2010.
Old Feb 3, 09, 1:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hch View Post
FRA just got a new SEN lounge last year (the C14/15 one).
Yeah, the one with chicken Frankfurter! It's ok as a departure lounge for flights from C gates but no use as a transit lounge (no shower, too far away from other gates).

There will be another new one this year, over the A26 FCL to replace the current A non-Schengen lounge which will fall victim to the contruction of the new A0 concourse.
I've never been to that one. Although my longhaul flight at the weekend arrived at an A gate, we had to be bussed to international arrival for "security reasons".

With the rennovation of the B-East pier it will also grow a new SEN lounge replacing the current B lounge, probably in 2010.
That's the one I have to wait for. I try to avoid FRA but it's not always possible. Still better than connecting at LHR which would be another option for me.
Old Feb 3, 09, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I try to avoid FRA but it's not always possible.
After last weekend's disgusting FRA experience (I had forgotten that transfers in FRA are just THAT bad), I have now cancelled/rebooked all my LH flights touching FRA. I don't plan on visiting this excuse of an airport any time soon again.
Old Feb 3, 09, 3:55 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
CAI domestic terminal during rush hours (5 flights at the same time) is that chaotic, that I can only call it fancy .

The bazar at Alexandria was more boring
Old Feb 3, 09, 4:14 am

LH expects an operating result of 1.3bn Euro! Previous forecast was 1.1bn...
Old Feb 3, 09, 4:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by rorschi View Post
The bazar at Alexandria was more boring
Traffic in Alexandria was more exciting. No?
Or traffic in Cairo for that matter.
Old Feb 3, 09, 8:50 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL->Gold, HH D
Originally Posted by Tim2008 View Post
LH expects an operating result of 1.3bn Euro! Previous forecast was 1.1bn...
But shares are down
And according to Handelsblatt they expect a hard year (uhm, who not?).
Old Feb 3, 09, 9:03 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Hippo72 View Post
But shares are down
Yep, since operating profits do not take into account all the financial screw-ups on the oil-hedging front...

Investors, (un)fortunately do!
Old Feb 3, 09, 9:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by andre1970 View Post
Yep, since operating profits do not take into account all the financial screw-ups on the oil-hedging front...

Investors, (un)fortunately do!
And it's not all about the past but also the future. And LH has a lot of work to do with the OS integration and other possible acquisitions.

Still LH doesn't perform all too bad
Old Feb 3, 09, 12:05 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Traffic in Alexandria was more exciting. No?
Or traffic in Cairo for that matter.
Let's say that Alexandria and Luxor are quiet, green cities compared with CAI.

The only really quiet places here are the Biz-Cabin of MS and my hotel room
Old Feb 4, 09, 3:03 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE51-1/100.34.20; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

so today is the big day. Tonight after work I'm starting this ultra crazy MR which consists of 20 legs, 82h spending time on planes and all that whithin 10 days only. All in Y! I have booked 4 hotel nights only, the rest of the time I'm sleeping on a plane. I'm paying less than $0.03 per EQM which is an excellent ratio IMO. I've been flying First Class (for my previous SEN qualification) fairly often for my age already but I still have a lot of fun flying coach and I absolutely have no problem admitting it on this board even though some people here think that only F is the way to fly. Well of course F is better, but you can have a lot of fun in Y too and as a SEN / SEN+ it's really not that bad. Fellow FT kiez will be joining me on most of the legs.

Anyway, I took advantage of different cool fares out there including a fare mistake which all in all nets in 64k status miles with the promo going on, and about 43k status miles without the promo; plus a couple of miles on DL that I need for my KL account.

So, here we go with the routing as follows: ZRH-FRA-AMS-FRA-LAX-IAD-DEN-SLC-ATL-ORD-IAD-LHR-ORD-LAX//LAS-LAX-JFK-SFO-FRA-AMS-HAM-GVA.

If I don't give you an update here from time to time that's because something went wrong...

Feel free to PM for lounge meetings.

Cheers

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Feb 14, 09 at 7:53 am
Old Feb 4, 09, 3:12 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
so today is the big day. Tonight after work I'm starting this ultra crazy MR which consists of 20 legs, 82h spending time on planes and all that whithin 10 days only. All in Y! I have booked 4 hotel nights only, the rest of the time I'm sleeping on a plane. I'm paying less than $0.03 per EQM which is an excellent ratio IMO. I've been flying First Class (for my previous SEN qualification) fairly often for my age already but I still have a lot of fun flying coach and I absolutely have no problem admitting it on this board even though some people here think that only F is the way to fly. Well of course F is better, but you can have a lot of fun in Y too and as a SEN / SEN+ it's really not that bad. Fellow FT kiez will be joining me on most of the legs.
Have fun f4freeJunior!
Old Feb 4, 09, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by rorschi View Post
Let's say that Alexandria and Luxor are quiet, green cities compared with CAI.
I'm still traumatized from a taxi ride in Alexandria when the driver fought his way through a one-way street in the wrong direction, but I agree it was nothing compared with an early morning taxi ride from the hotel in the city centre to CAI when the driver reversed at high speed for a few hundred metres on an expressway when he saw a traffic jam ahead.
Old Feb 4, 09, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
So, here we go with the routing as follows: ZRH-FRA-AMS-FRA-LAX-IAD-DEN-SLC-ATL-ORD-IAD-LHR-ORD-LAX//LAS-LAX-JFK-SFO-FRA-AMS-HAM-GVA.
We discussed this earlier in the lounge meeting thread but since you'll arrive at LHR on UA and depart on UA (if I remember correctly), you'll be in T1 and the lounge to use is the *G lounge in T1 rather than the SK lounge in T3.

08FEB LHR SKL 0630 0930 f4freeJunior (happy to help)
Old Feb 4, 09, 4:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
...when the driver reversed at high speed for a few hundred metres on an expressway when he saw a traffic jam ahead.
10 miles from EWR, on I-78w, I've seen the same thing happen, but reversing at high speed back onto the highway from the off-ramp (blind curve)!

Search this Thread