Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I took a picture of the lounge through the glass door last night. I will upload it later today. Looks quite nice.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Who Will Be The First FlyerTalk Member To Post From Inside This Lounge?

Not an OMNI game!
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by weero
Unacceptable form of transport .
Take Deutsche Bahn and you'll know what an unacceptable form of transport is.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:43 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not an OMNI game!
Are you infected from the OMNI virus ?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by szg
Are you infected from the OMNI virus ?
You are supposed to be enjoying (the streets of!) BKK. Or are you at the airport already? How many airports have you seen in the last two weeks?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:12 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are supposed to be enjoying (the streets of!) BKK. Or are you at the airport already? How many airports have you seen in the last two weeks?
No, am back at the IC. I have done a nice sightseeing tour including a boat ride. I will check out soon and then heading to the airport.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by szg
No, am back at the IC. I have done a nice sightseeing tour including a boat ride. I will check out soon and then heading to the airport.
Enjoy your flight!
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:47 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
Enjoy your flight!
I am sitting now in the TG lounge and I am waiting for the flight. I will enjoy the great OS C food !!
Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by peter42
I saw the lounge today. It is landside and next to the baggage exit B2, opening hours are 5:30 to 12:30. There is a sign in the departure hall B too. So it seems to be open already! But cannot tell for sure as I was there around 15:00.
As wrote in the other post:
The sign was already there, when I posted it. The doors were open, so I could see inside and they seemed to be nearly ready. I asked and they told me the official opening is Jan the 29th. Don't know if they have a soft opening.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bembel-Terrorist
As wrote in the other post:
The sign was already there, when I posted it. The doors were open, so I could see inside and they seemed to be nearly ready. I asked and they told me the official opening is Jan the 29th. Don't know if they have a soft opening.
FRA Welcome Lounge entrance

FRA Welcome Lounge peek through window

...Sorry for the poor picture quality. The iPhone camera sucks ... (thank God! )
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Triple3
Take Deutsche Bahn and you'll know what an unacceptable form of transport is.
Absolutely ! I am now punishing Deutsche Bahn: I renewed my Bahncard 100First for €6.150 and am now travelling mostly by plane on domestic trips !
(...wie Nutten Prellen: Bezahlen und dann nicht Poppen... )
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by hch
..The GA tells me to step aside and wait for the to sort it out, but only when everyone including upgraders had borded already they finally manage to tell me they accidentally offloaded me earlier and now have to find another flight for me.
Offloading a pax who checked in at the location? That's sheer madness.

Plus the procedure was entirely wrong: they must page for volunteers who are willing to stay before they can IDB you.
..There would have been a QF flight later they could have put me on if they processed it fast enough but there was a lot of mess at the gate.
A mere excuse - UA would never pay for a QF ride.
..At least I got booked into F today, but I'd really prefered to have a night of sleep in a real bed before arriving at my conference instead of arriving at the afternoon of the first day.
But you DID ask for full IDB compensation, right? And will you report it as an IDB?
Originally Posted by monitor
These sorts of tales seem to center on erratic behavior by UA, my least favorite airline. I have prepared for the worst on our award ticket to SYD in May by not scheduling anything for the days after our arrivals and returns because I have heard other similar stories of foulups by UA on transfers at LAX or SFO.
Won't happen on a UA through tix - I flew transpac in excess of 100 times on UA and never had anything happen to me that smelled remotely like hch's experience .
Old Jan 20, 2009, 12:13 am

Thanks for posting the photos. ^^

No, it doesn't look as if it's open for business yet. A Welcome Lounge which is closed for most of the day... not very welcoming!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 20, 2009 at 1:16 am
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for posting the photos. ^^
+1

No, it doesn't look as if it's open for business yet. A Welcome Lounge which is closed for most of the day... not very welcoming!
Isn't it a great opportunity for some LH bashing (e.g. "Welcome to the World of Lufthansa" )?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Thumbs up LH SMS Info

Wow. Just another surprise from Lufthansa (after my first upgrade last week).
Am booked for LX1105 MUC-ZRH today and just got an SMS:
Wegen Fluggerätwechsel für LX01105 MUC-ZRH kann es zu Sitzplatz Änderungen kommen. Mehr Info erhalten Sie beim Einsteigen oder unter +491803993366
Well, I got only check-in SMS in the past.

So I'm curious what Seat will be assigned and what's going on. I expect delay, too as it started to snow-rain right now in Munich downtown.
And I've a 55 min connection in ZRH for LCY....and I doubt I'll get my BP for the 2nd segment.

Last edited by Hippo72; Jan 20, 2009 at 2:51 am Reason: Added last line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.