What's this? an op upgrade for a non star alliance elite?

Old Dec 16, 03, 10:21 am
pmv
Original Poster

What's this? an op upgrade for a non star alliance elite?

Didn't think it possible, but it actually happened to me!

Was flying FRA-DFW a couple of weeks back. When I checked in at the gate I asked if I could use UA miles to upgrade (UA basic member), but didn't have coupon. Agent was apologetic (?!) but said sorry not possible without the coupon. No biggie... didn't really expect it, but was hoping.

Couple of minutes later I heard my name called to report to the podium. A SMILING (!?) gate agent handed me a new boarding pass in row 4. YIPPEE! And the flight DIDN'T SUCK! (unlike my flight over in Y).

go figure.....
Old Dec 16, 03, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pmv:
Didn't think it possible, but it actually happened to me!

Was flying FRA-DFW a couple of weeks back. When I checked in at the gate I asked if I could use UA miles to upgrade (UA basic member), but didn't have coupon. Agent was apologetic (?!) but said sorry not possible without the coupon. No biggie... didn't really expect it, but was hoping.

Couple of minutes later I heard my name called to report to the podium. A SMILING (!?) gate agent handed me a new boarding pass in row 4. YIPPEE! And the flight DIDN'T SUCK! (unlike my flight over in Y).

go figure.....
</font>
The agent probably had a good day or thought you were a nice person. Or you are a pretty female. Or all of the above.

Good to hear something positively different from some of those mean "typically German" bashings of LH service .
Old Dec 16, 03, 12:26 pm
Uli

congrats!
Old Dec 16, 03, 1:59 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA

At least LH does not fill their premium cabins with non-revs as UA does.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/024183.html

Also read how sfeinberg was characterised on US Airways in this thread!

Search this Thread