Austrian Airlines in the sky

Old Dec 10, 03, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Austrian Airlines in the sky

What is the service like on Austrian airlines? i am switching from CO Onepass to UA mileage plus. i live in DC so i would be going IAD to vienna.

any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 03, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Moderator, please close this thread. Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 03, 5:46 pm

Replying to this thread because of your earlier (now locked) thread in the UA forum. If you are a Silver Elite with Continental, this corresponds to Premier with United, which only qualifies for 25% mileage bonus. Unless you can demonstrate to UA that you will be flying 50k+ miles next year, it is highly unlikely that they will comp you Premier Exec status. Good luck either way.
Old Dec 10, 03, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
A responsive answer would be: Austrian Air food is very very good in C with acceptable seat comfort in C. Germanic Service.
Old Dec 11, 03, 8:25 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by in31122:
Replying to this thread because of your earlier (now locked) thread in the UA forum. If you are a Silver Elite with Continental, this corresponds to Premier with United, which only qualifies for 25% mileage bonus. Unless you can demonstrate to UA that you will be flying 50k+ miles next year, it is highly unlikely that they will comp you Premier Exec status. Good luck either way.</font>
I don't know where you got the idea that i wanted to be comped to premier exec. in that thread, i said premier.
Old Dec 11, 03, 8:28 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Buster CT1K:
A responsive answer would be: Austrian Air food is very very good in C with acceptable seat comfort in C. Germanic Service.</font>
Thanks for the info. However, i will be traveling in Y class, not C.

Old Dec 12, 03, 12:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
I find that the food and service in Y (thankfully only done it once) is fine--better than UA. The seats on the A330 are not too bad either considering. I would have no problem doing it again if I need to fly that route.
Old Dec 12, 03, 11:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airlinemileswhore:
I don't know where you got the idea that i wanted to be comped to premier exec. in that thread, i said premier.</font>
My apologies for the too-fast reading of your post. I thought you'd said premier exec - but I was obviously wrong! Good luck with the Premier comp.
Old Dec 13, 03, 8:32 am

Do they have PTVs in their A330? Or still the old fashioned 1980s style TVs in Y?
Thanks,
silver

Search this Thread