Search

UK promotion: 250 miles for quick check-in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2003, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH Silver
UK promotion: 250 miles for quick check-in

I received a postcard from LH today:

From the 1st September until 31st October, every time you use the quick Check-in machine* on LH flights, you will earn an extra 250 miles.

* valid on flights in and out of UK and Ireland only.

register at www.miles-and-more.com/fastline

[This message has been edited by gunnar (edited 09-08-2003).]
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz ignored
Similar promotion from Germany:

Lufthansa Quick Check-in: it’s simply quicker!

Our Quick Check-in allows you to check in quicker and easier if you have an ATB ticket or an etix® - and from September 15th to October 31st, 2003 you will earn 200 award miles for each
check-in at these machines, meaning that you can earn up to 1,000 award miles while getting to know the easy way of checking in.

Check-in baggage machines are available in Germany at the following airports: Frankfurt, Munich, Duesseldorf, Hamburg, Berlin-Tegel, Bremen, Nuremberg and Hanover.
Check out how easy it is to check in!!

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...498281,00.html
Old Sep 9, 2003, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I would guess this also applies to flights in and out of Spain (you can register for the promotion in Spanish by clicking th link earlier in this thread).
Old Sep 9, 2003, 5:53 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
No use if you are checking in at the UK with luggage though.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 8:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
check in using the machine, then approach a checkin counter saying that you would like to check the bags also. Doesn't harm to play stupid if you can earn some miles in the process.

Regards Oliver
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The first promo miles posted today:

München-Frankfurt LH 0167 M + 1000 + 1000
Check out Quick Check-in + 250

Regards Oliver
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:56 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
none of these 200 extra miles on my account
Old Oct 7, 2003, 3:11 am

I'm on a BD code share to MAN from LHR on Saturday on a LH ticket.
So can i go over to T2, check in with the machine there and then wander over to T1 or is there an LH machine in T1?

Ta
Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:30 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I had this bonus post immediately with the flight I took; so far it showed up twice. Anybody knows if there is a cap for the number of times you get this?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:46 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by djohannw:
I had this bonus post immediately with the flight I took; so far it showed up twice. Anybody knows if there is a cap for the number of times you get this?

Greetings - Dirk
</font>
LH website states 1000 miles max.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notknownat:
I'm on a BD code share to MAN from LHR on Saturday on a LH ticket.
So can i go over to T2, check in with the machine there and then wander over to T1 or is there an LH machine in T1?

Ta
</font>
You'll be able to check in at T2 (at least the BD machines let you check in for LH flights). Not sure if you'll get the bonus though (depends on how clever the LH computer is - the conditions state the bonus is valid only on LH operated flights from the UK to Germany). No harm in trying!

Old Oct 7, 2003, 2:04 pm

Has anyone tried if the German promotion also works if you don't check any baggage but still use the quick check-in machines with baggage facility?

Dave
Old Oct 7, 2003, 3:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> No harm in trying!

[/B]</font>
I shall give it a go! Wouldn't normally use e-checkin as it prevents an op-upgrade but on a 45 run to MAN i don't mind!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 1:04 am

Strange thing is that the german site just says 200 miles each time you check-in upto a max of 1000 miles. The austrian M&M site offer 250 each time you use the machine if you register first (with a clear hint that in certain austrian locations quick checkin is only possible with handbaggage) All other country sites sometimes mention the promo, sometimes not. I guess this is because they might not have quick check in machines installed.

Interesting to note is that LH has put a tape with the Austrian Logo on all its machines in T2 at LHR.

Regards Oliver
Old Nov 16, 2003, 11:48 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I have not seen anyone mention that this offer has been extended in Germany until the end of Germany. Lufthansa has placed a nice sticker on their posters near the self-check-in machines.

I personally have done the luggage thing when I had extra time by checking in my hand luggage. Haven't received any bonus yet, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.