Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AlicorporateUK
LOT Business Class Catering

Europe

All services except BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Pork slices with chickpea and tomato paste, quinoa salad with a yoghurt dressing.
2. Peach yoghurt, variety of cold cuts, cheese and boiled egg (breakfast).
3. Cured ham, stuffed zucchini, herring salad.
4. Salmon tartare, stuffed zucchini, pâté.

5. Cajun duck slices, fresh fruit.

BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Potato dumplings (pierogi), salad, dessert.
2. Salmon fillet, salad, dessert.
3. Cod fillet, salad, dessert.
4. Pork loin, salad, dessert.
5. Beef, salad, dessert.
Print Wikipost

LOT Polish intra-Europe Business Class catering

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:12 am

To make LO look even better, here's the breakfast from a similar route on board LH:
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
These are from last month, early morning KSC-WAW (one with olives and rice -
dunno if WAW prepared or KSC prepared) and mid afternoon WAW-AMS (one with meat).

Breakfast was very good to have as KSC lounge has no food (just some packed wafers and crisps), but from Warsaw I didn't care too much as the lounge has a reasonable selection even in the basic area (has it's own issues though, like not enough toilets)

edit: having issues attaching photos from mobile...
Attached Images   
palcsaky likes this.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; Sep 28, 2017 at 8:46 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
These are from last month, early morning KSC-WAW (one with olives and rice -
dunno if WAW prepared or KSC prepared) and mid afternoon WAW-AMS (one with meat).

Breakfast was very good to have as KSC lounge has no food (just some packed wafers and crisps), but from Warsaw I didn't care too much as the lounge has a reasonable selection even in the basic area (has it's own issues though, like not enough toilets)

edit: having issues attaching photos from mobile...
Having seen the facilities in KSC it’s funny to think LO could uplift even an olive in that station! KSC is a shocker, but not as bad as CLJ :O.

I presume you were the only pax in C and connecting long haul? I don’t think that breakfast is worth the money and the ex-PL C fares on KSC are monopoly style. I’d rather pay the Ł1 and buy the porridge and theres no sandwiches for sale on KSC.

And as I’ve said previously, it’s not Western food, but I know they like to think it is. Note, I’m not saying it’s bad, I like LO catering and Polish food in general.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Having seen the facilities in KSC it’s funny to think LO could uplift even an olive in that station! KSC is a shocker, but not as bad as CLJ :O.
Catering can actually get really good in KSC, or at least could be a couple years back. They even used to supply this great freshly made sandwiches every morning to the lounge, but that was 5+ years ago.

Originally Posted by hugolover
I presume you were the only pax in C and connecting long haul? I don’t think that breakfast is worth the money and the ex-PL C fares on KSC are monopoly style. I’d rather pay the Ł1 and buy the porridge and theres no sandwiches for sale on KSC.
Only pax in C, but connecting to European shorthaul (AMS). No idea about fares, as this was an award ticket (I had some miles to burn and a need to take a lot of luggage with me, so 2x32 on biz award made sense)

I agree though that the food situation is shameful in KSC even if you are willing to pay, though I *think* I've seen some sandwiches in one of the cafes this time. I know there were none last time I flew out, because I forgot to take the sandwich I'd made at home and wanted to buy a replacement.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Just a quick report from my Intra-Europe LOT Business Class flight.

By far the best Business class product I experienced within europe.
Completely blows Lufthansa out of the water in everything.

1) Pre takeoff drink (Only orange juice or water, but Lufthansa never even offered me this)
2)Meals are really good and they live up to the airlines name ( a LOT) (whilst lufthansa BIZ food is more like economy food of 10 years back)
3)Crew very friendly and protectively gave me blankets and pillow (Not so at Lufthansa)
4)Bus gate at WAW means that you will go in a special minivan which arrives miles ahead of the economy bus (same bus for everyone at FRA, unless hon or connecting first class)
5)LOT BIZ always earns 1250 miles per segment in cheapest class vs 750 with LH
6)Lufthansa and LOT lounge seem to be on par though (although slight win for LH because no nap rooms with LOT), wonder if I should ask someone to guest me in the Elite club...

So far from all Intra Europe Business Class products i tried they rank like this.

LOT 10/10
Lufthansa 7/10
SAS (PLUS) 5/10
Airbaltic 4/10

Anyone any ideas of which Intra Europe BIZ product beats LOT?

Last edited by toonmelis; Oct 6, 2017 at 2:52 am Reason: Changed scores
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by toonmelis
Lufthansa and LOT lounge seem to be on par though
Catering way better at Warsaw (both in the Elite and standard section), more variety and better quality overall.

G
N1003U likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:28 am

LO biz lounge in WAW is better than many SEN lounges in LHG... true that.

but then again, unless your options are stopover in FRA/MUC and stopover in WAW, then it doesn't matter as you will simply get lounges where you are.
(and I can't think of too many citypairs where you can have this comparison with comparable connection time and total trip time.)

I have to admit, the van was a very nice touch in WAW.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Just a quick report from my Intra-Europe LOT Business Class flight.

By far the best Business class product I experienced within europe.
Completely blows Lufthansa out of the water in everything.

1) Pre takeoff drink (Only orange juice or water, but Lufthansa never even offered me this)
2)Meals are really good and they live up to the airlines name ( a LOT) (whilst lufthansa BIZ food is more like economy food of 10 years back)
3)Crew very friendly and protectively gave me blankets and pillow (Not so at Lufthansa)
4)Bus gate at WAW means that you will go in a special minivan which arrives miles ahead of the economy bus (same bus for everyone at FRA, unless hon or connecting first class)
5)LOT BIZ always earns 1250 miles per segment in cheapest class vs 750 with LH
6)Lufthansa and LOT lounge seem to be on par though (although slight win for LH because no nap rooms with LOT), wonder if I should ask someone to guest me in the Elite club...
I think LOT is very underrated for the on board J product they offer. And their cabin crews actually seem very happy to do their jobs. Even the higher booking code J fares (which earn 2,000 miles per segment) aren't that much higher in price than the 1,250 mile ones. The one thing I will give to LH over LO, though, is their schedules and frequencies, as well as the number of European destinations.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

LOT 10/10
Lufthansa 7/10
SAS (PLUS) 5/10
Airbaltic 4/10

Anyone any ideas of which Intra Europe BIZ product beats LOT?
OS - they serve hot meal on a 45-minute WAW-VIE flight, cold meal on LO

LX - serves hot meal on ZRH-WAW, while it is cold meal with LO

Quality-wise OS and LX are also slightly better.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Lack
That's quite an interesting encounter. I was there yesterday midday and there were people circling back and forth to find an empty seat.
Datapoint, I had a mid-week flight and was in non-elite part in the early to mid afternoon. Seating situation was bad, but not dire; meaning - there were empty seats, but to get an actual table for yourself you'd had to wait until someone leaves.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had the pleasure of a head on comparison on MUC-WAW vv on LH & LO last week:

Outbound LH:

Inbound on LO:
PDB choice of OJ or water
Drinks service with carrot chips (which were horrid, even my son who is a big carrot fan didn't like it when I took it home)

Main course:

Followed by coffee.

Overall I don't get the 'OMG this is sooo awesome' comments others have made. Yes LO tries, but overall it was not earthshakingly different.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I had the pleasure of a head on comparison on MUC-WAW vv on LH & LO last week:
Overall I don't get the 'OMG this is sooo awesome' comments others have made. Yes LO tries, but overall it was not earthshakingly different.
I can't see the pictures.

Looks like you are sharing from Google photos. Are they properly set as public?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:29 pm

I seem them, LH looked way better then what I got recently.
Still looses to OS though :-).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Lack
I seem them, LH looked way better then what I got recently.
Still looses to OS though :-).
I don't see them. Interesting.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
LOT Europe Business Class Breakfast Catering

Hi,

I am soon to be flying WAW-NCE in Business Class at 0715. I assume that the hot catering will be breakfast? Can anyone tell me what sort of menu choices I can expect please?

Cheers
Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.