Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AlicorporateUK
LOT Business Class Catering

Europe

All services except BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Pork slices with chickpea and tomato paste, quinoa salad with a yoghurt dressing.
2. Peach yoghurt, variety of cold cuts, cheese and boiled egg (breakfast).
3. Cured ham, stuffed zucchini, herring salad.
4. Salmon tartare, stuffed zucchini, pâté.

5. Cajun duck slices, fresh fruit.

BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Potato dumplings (pierogi), salad, dessert.
2. Salmon fillet, salad, dessert.
3. Cod fillet, salad, dessert.
4. Pork loin, salad, dessert.
5. Beef, salad, dessert.
Print Wikipost

LOT Polish intra-Europe Business Class catering

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 3:04 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by iLied
Does SH C provide a welcome drink like long haul C?
Yes, but limited to water/OJ and served in plastic glasses.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by TPJ
Yes, but limited to water/OJ and served in plastic glasses.
Thanks, I wasn’t offered anything on LO metal last time I was in C in August IIRC. I’ll see what happens tomorrow on my flights!
Old May 1, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by iLied
Thanks, I wasn’t offered anything on LO metal last time I was in C in August IIRC. I’ll see what happens tomorrow on my flights!
i was offered water or OJ on both legs of my lhr return this weekend
iLied likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Evening meal in C lhr-waw 18:10 flight 1/5/22

This was chicken/kurczak other option was salmon/łosoś
chris63 and iLied like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:09 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Data point:

WAW-BUD - evening flight

- Salmon tartare
- Meat plate with vegetables and pear jam
- Grzeski chocolate bar (too much fat for me - didn't touch)
Both tartare and meat plate of spectacular quality (but portions were fairly small). Bread (I think 2 kinds of rolls) served from bread basket. 2 servings of drinks.

BUD-WAW - morning flight

- Cajun duck slices with pineapple chutney
- Fruit salad
- Grzeski chocolate bar (too much fat for me - didn't touch)
Not as spectacular as on the outbound, but still OK. 2 servings of drinks.

Fight time (wheels up/wheels down) - less than 50 minutes.
hugolover and iLied like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:32 am

Enjoy while it lasts i.e. making the most of LOT for my "commute" as (sadly) they will soon be halting Sarajevo services (winter) and that is a shame as the only remaining decent alternative is/will be Austrian.

That said, a couple of meals I recently had (SJJ–WAW–SJJ) – by all means no haute cuisine or so to speak but certainly "fit-for-purpose":

Apart from that, decent crews (i.e. consistent in terms of services and attentive when it comes to refills) and, again, food, "small" planes ("cosy" business cabin on the Embraers plus, in case of "already existing delay", it will not take ages to get everyone on-board an E75...), stress-free transfers at Warsaw, above average hub lounges and adequate assistance when things go south – can't ask for more.

G
TPJ and iLied like this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Sep 15, 2022 at 3:38 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got that chicken meal in July, is that more recent. It's the same smoked chicken they used to put in the sarnies.

Do you have any experience of the SPML? I heard KSML, MSML are all frozen, the latter is a bit weird considering Poland is a huge supplier of Halal meat.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I got that chicken meal in July, is that more recent.
This week (not bad admittedly, plus the grain-vegetables salad was actually quite nice).

Do you have any experience of the SPML? I heard KSML, MSML are all frozen, the latter is a bit weird considering Poland is a huge supplier of Halal meat.
I've only tried the KSML and will no longer bother. LOT's standard meals are okay, especially on those slightly longer routes (e.g LHR, below another recent one):

The cherry on the cake would be the introduction of a half-decent beer (even Książęce pszeniczne would do nicely) but then I appreciate that LOT's main priority is to pamper those proper premium flyers (e.g. hugolover, TPJ etc.) with the latest "bubble innovation" or so to speak so not going to happen...

G
hugolover and the810 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should treat yourself to Basia’s onboard sparkling wine sometime… you’ll be ding ding dinging that call bell for a can of Zywiec

I don’t see why they can’t offer Zywiec Białe, it’s priced the same in the shops as the lager. Have you ever written in or asked the purser to make a feedback?
AlicorporateUK and JD3313 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:28 am

You should treat yourself to Basia’s onboard sparkling wine sometime… you’ll be ding ding dinging that call bell for a can of Zywiec
Hahaha, never tried, may give it a go tomorrow perhaps?

I don’t see why they can’t offer Zywiec Białe, it’s priced the same in the shops as the lager. Have you ever written in or asked the purser to make a feedback?
Wise words as usual. Obviously it’s still not the best białe as you clearly know (too “lemony”, at least for my likings) but a significant “upgrade” nonetheless. Austrian has a choice of 2 decent beers on-board and even 3 in the lounges, I am relatively sure they are “mainstream” in Austria but definitely not pi55 like Heineken. And as of telling the purser or even writing in, I doubt it’s going to make any difference to be perfectly honest!

G
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:40 am

Mid-morning meal, Warsaw-Sarajevo, earlier today. Full(ish) flight, a good 50% were pilgrims (they all had a "badge") & students, I've also spotted one of the chaps (from Katowice?) who does trip reports on Lotnictwo (a Polish forum), not sure whether he's on FT as well. For the records, the lounge (i.e. Mazurek) was nearly empty, the non-Schengen side was also relatively quiet for a Friday.

G
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:10 am

...probably ran out of money again.
Quoting from the WAW lounge's thread, that must be the reason for this dire "meal" I got served this week (no welcome drink either on this occasion, time to tighten the belt for the winter I guess... ).

Jokes aside, all my praises to LOT as we temporarily "break-up" (i.e. end of "seasonal" operations from/to SJJ): seamless commute this summer and even provided entertainment lounge access at those newly launched airports such as Sarajevo and Pristina.

G
yurtripper likes this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Sep 21, 2022 at 7:20 am
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you seen Hendricks? I've only had Beefeater onboard.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:54 am

I’ve never paid any attention to be honest. The other day (PM flight to LHR, full cabin) I wanted to ask for a “shot” of Baileys but didn’t bother eventually (I’m not even sure they stock it, however the purser disappeared shortly after service was done-and-dusted and thus decided to give my liver a little break…). Talking about “disappearances”, the purser on my last flight actually bothered to tell me that she was heading off “somewhere” and kindly invited me to hit the button in case of need…

G
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No they don’t have Baileys but they have the Bottega stuff they used to have in the lounge (Fior di Latte onboard only). There’s one miniature loaded in each bar IIRC. Same load of the flavoured lemon vodka.

On the liqueur front there’s also Jägermeister.

When I asked about the Hendricks I was told I must have meant Gordon’s… which means she didn’t have a clue cos I can’t remember LO having Gordon’s ever? It can only have been in my pre-Basia era when I was flying the Worlds Favourite Airline.

Last edited by hugolover; Sep 21, 2022 at 12:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.