Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Imperator or Black Card (above SEN)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 6:24 am
Original Poster

LH Imperator or Black Card (above SEN)

Does anybody know anything about the new status class to be introduced by LH? What are the conditions (and benefits)? THANKS!!

Old Nov 5, 2003, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I know nothing about this, but does this mean that the new tier will have the word "IMP" printed on their boarding passes?

English speakers could find this quite amusing!
Old Nov 5, 2003, 7:00 am

What about using the search function first?

New Status (Top Tier) with LH

Btw, I'll vote for "Emperor Card (EMP)" ...
Old Nov 5, 2003, 8:15 am

Emperor and Imperator sounds like so much work. What does a senator do when he stops working?

Becomes LH PASHA (still haven't figured out a good 3 letter abreviation. had to deviate slightly from my board name, as i, of course am unique and not one in 3000 )
Old Nov 5, 2003, 8:26 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dafb:
Does anybody know anything about the new status class to be introduced by LH? What are the conditions (and benefits)? THANKS!!

</font>
Lots of rumours since several years now, what surprises me, though, is that nobody really gets any halfway reliable info.

Just to quote the amount of miles needed to become LH Sen+, I ´ve heard anything from 400k to 700k, up to a milion from LH lounge agents...
Another requirement seems to be that those miles must come mostly ( exclusively ?) from flights on LH metal..., but as posted earlier, basicly just rumours, as always everybody wants to share what they have heard !

Personlly I guess they will require at least 700k, so nobody here will earn it anyway, right ??

Old Nov 5, 2003, 8:33 am

you mean 700K in your LIFETIME, right??? LOL

I go up to around 200.000 some years but I cannot possibly see getting anywhere near that....either I need to move my office INSIDE FRA or its' over!
Old Nov 5, 2003, 8:36 am
Original Poster

great hint berki - but I still have not found any information - 700k status miles, 10 yrs SEN or whatever it is ... so it's about 500 people worldwide?

Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:48 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
IMP

EMP
A 700K-1M actual miles on LH requirement would lead to very few members!

How do you know the card will be black ?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 11:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dafb:
great hint berki - but I still have not found any information - 700k status miles, 10 yrs SEN or whatever it is ... so it's about 500 people worldwide? </font>
Did the link provided above not work?

Anyway, the reason for not finding proper information about the Pasha Emperor Rex Card is simple - there is none. Just rumors, thoughts and assumptions.

Call 0800-LUFTHANSA and ask them.

And one last word ... one reason to introduce the new tier is to keep the number of qualified members surveyable, hence you can be sure that the targets are far, far above the existing level.

[This message has been edited by Berki (edited 11-05-2003).]
Old Nov 5, 2003, 2:18 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Threy:
Lots of rumours since several years now, what surprises me, though, is that nobody really gets any halfway reliable info.

Just to quote the amount of miles needed to become LH Sen+, I ´ve heard anything from 400k to 700k, up to a milion from LH lounge agents...
Another requirement seems to be that those miles must come mostly ( exclusively ?) from flights on LH metal..., but as posted earlier, basicly just rumours, as always everybody wants to share what they have heard !

Personlly I guess they will require at least 700k, so nobody here will earn it anyway, right ??

</font>
700k would mean 1918 miles every day * 365 days / per year !!! Even with the 25 % bonus it´s 1535 miles ( Y ) , or around 770 in ( C ) each day of the year ! That would mean minimum 2 h. each day in a LH plane ! Or every 3. - 4. day one long haul flight !

Sorry I forgot the airrail !!!! May be 175 days a ( C ) trip FRA-QKL-FRA , 175 * 4k = 700k also !

[This message has been edited by bertheike (edited 11-05-2003).]
Old Nov 5, 2003, 3:15 pm
Suspended

We are not talking about the usual Sen with 150-250k status miles per anno, we are talking about an exclusive circle, who is special enough to get the extra perks and ( only my assumption ) would be in the financial position to charter or even buy a Private Jet for their travel needs.

This clientel is ready to leave, because of new long range private jets, the every day Senator will stay, cause his choices are more or less non existent.
I don`t think that LH wants to protect this clientel from the regular competition, LH wants them to stay away from private jet travel !!

The typical monday morning - friday evening intra german RT C pax who will average around 200k is not of so much worth for LH that they would build new facilities for him, right ?

Old Nov 5, 2003, 5:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bertheike:
700k would mean 1918 miles every day * 365 days / per year !!! Even with the 25 % bonus it´s 1535 miles ( Y ) , or around 770 in ( C ) each day of the year ! That would mean minimum 2 h. each day in a LH plane ! Or every 3. - 4. day one long haul flight !

</font>
This is not entirely correct - from a live experience it equates to about 5 or 6 short hauls a week. A shorthaul does not automatically mean 2 hrs each time. It comes easily when your home airports nonstops are limited even within Europe and you need to connect for the majority of the trips.

Add the odd longhaul and you are safely above the level. Of course based on C travel.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Nov 6, 2003, 12:28 am

Programs: All the best ones.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pacha:
Emperor and Imperator sounds like so much work. What does a senator do when he stops working?

Becomes LH PASHA (still haven't figured out a good 3 letter abreviation. had to deviate slightly from my board name, as i, of course am unique and not one in 3000 )
</font>
Lufthansa Platinum (LHP) ?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 12:52 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Threy:
We are not talking about the usual Sen with 150-250k status miles per anno, we are talking about an exclusive circle, who is special enough to get the extra perks and ( only my assumption ) would be in the financial position to charter or even buy a Private Jet for their travel needs.

This clientel is ready to leave, because of new long range private jets, the every day Senator will stay, cause his choices are more or less non existent.
I don`t think that LH wants to protect this clientel from the regular competition, LH wants them to stay away from private jet travel !!
</font>

I don't think LH can or will even consider to compete with private jet travel. People who can afford to buy or lease a private jet don't care about a "higher than SEN" status on LH. As far as I know, there are already VIP facilities on every major airport in the world, if they desire to spend time in the airport at all. And they don't care about all the other benefits LH is bringing with this black "imperator" card, because these people already have all that.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think it will be an invitation-only system, like the old HON Clun and the current BA Premier. I seriously doubt they'll degrade it so that mileage runners can make it their life's ambition to get their hands on it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.