Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Imperator or Black Card (above SEN)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:44 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by daysleeper:

I don't think LH can or will even consider to compete with private jet travel. People who can afford to buy or lease a private jet don't care about a "higher than SEN" status on LH. As far as I know, there are already VIP facilities on every major airport in the world, if they desire to spend time in the airport at all. And they don't care about all the other benefits LH is bringing with this black "imperator" card, because these people already have all that.
</font>
They can certainly don`t care about additional bonus miles etc , but they care about their own facilities, private transfers, seat guarantee etc.

Time is a major decision factor and what I`he heard the new card will save you a lot of time and hassle..., people deciding to charter a private jet certainly have the same argument, they simply save time, so LH is right on the spot trying to prevent customers to check other travel options.

We are not talking about the classic VIP, who has money, we are talking about upper management and important guys who could fly private, names like Pleitgen, Burda, Aust come to my mind...

Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Maybe the card will be something like SQ PPS for which you have to accumulate all the qualifying miles on SQ in F or C. The card is also *G. There are additional perks over *G but only when flying on SQ obviously. The card however is probably more sought after than useful but that may be easy to say when you have one!
Old Nov 6, 2003, 12:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bertheike:
700k would mean 1918 miles every day * 365 days / per year !!!</font>
700K status miles ? Easy !!

As SEN/FTL you need only 560K flown miles.

A RT from FRA to LAX in First = 34716 miles.

For as little as 16 round trips to LAX in a calendar year, for just more than 130,000 Euro, you get it !!!
Old Nov 6, 2003, 1:48 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Hey,

you are all dreaming and hoping to get your hands on this card, right ???

Good luck!
Old Nov 7, 2003, 4:51 am

in my view the main reason for a new top tier status can be seen when using any SEN lounge.
they are packed most of the time, because people fly a lot more and the all the other star alliance airlines customers get gold status with 100k (and therefore access to the SEN lounges). in addition, you only need 20 RT in Y continental to renew it.
funny enough, the standard lounges are much less packed, in LHR for example i always use this type.
conclusion: the SEN concept has outgrown the infrastructure and they cannot just raise the entry level, as it is already higher than the ones of the SA partner ones.
so, the only solution is to create something new for the customers who spend a lot of time in their facilities.
i don't think the entry will be 700k, more like 300k-400k, because anything above this level will exclude the bulk of their most profitable customers.
quite clever move to steal this type of customers from their partner airlines as well. a, let's say, UA customer who flies a lot to europe will be very likely to switch to LH in case he/she get's a better service on the ground (plus the image factor, obviously)

Old Nov 7, 2003, 5:20 am
Suspended

No way that 300-400k will be enough, cause the number of the new status card holders was prognosed to be 1000-1500...
If you fly 300-400k, you are a Senator, but nothing special....

I guess the number of LH customers to fly much more than 400k is already higher than 25000...

A simple monthly F RT from anywhere in D to SIN will easily bring you over 600k for the year, if you are a status customer...

Old Nov 7, 2003, 5:38 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ahrz:
700K status miles ? Easy !!

As SEN/FTL you need only 560K flown miles.

A RT from FRA to LAX in First = 34716 miles.

For as little as 16 round trips to LAX in a calendar year, for just more than 130,000 Euro, you get it !!!
</font>
with airrail you get it much cheaper !
140 return special "D" class between FRA and QKL each rt. is 80 EUR = 11.200 EUR you have incl. bonus 140 * 5000 = 700k. miles !
or between FRA and ZWS each rt. is 66 EUR, which comes out to 9240 EUR only !

Old Nov 7, 2003, 9:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bertheike:
with airrail you get it much cheaper !
140 return special "D" class between FRA and QKL each rt. is 80 EUR = 11.200 EUR you have incl. bonus 140 * 5000 = 700k. miles !
or between FRA and ZWS each rt. is 66 EUR, which comes out to 9240 EUR only !
</font>
For the 10,000 EUR, you can hire someone to feed you grapes under a palm branch before each flight and ride you to your gates on their tandem bicycle. Of course, for 'special services' you might have to pay her (or him?) extra, but I don't think such services would come with the card either.

--Grog--

[This message has been edited by Grog (edited 11-07-2003).]
Old Nov 7, 2003, 3:39 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Grog:
For the 10,000 EUR, you can hire someone to feed you grapes under a palm branch before each flight and ride you to your gates on their tandem bicycle. Of course, for 'special services' you might have to pay her (or him?) extra, but I don't think such services would come with the card either.

--Grog--

</font>
Old Nov 8, 2003, 1:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Grog:

--Grog--

</font>
... and a bit left over for special services

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.