Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-In for Air-Rail?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:14 am

Right, no status yet. Flew different airlines with different programs in the past.
I´m not going to Senator (dont have the time doning this), FTL is good enough for me and with my second residence in the US its pretty easy to get the 35000 miles.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 5:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tazmania:
Dont know if he was Daimler Chrysler, but he has the windows seat, the other window seat was taken by someone from a foreign country (maybe Pakistan?).This guy left the train at Mannheim. I sit next to the door.

Did you travel on a 106 Euro or the 66 Euro ticket?

[This message has been edited by Tazmania (edited 10-20-2003).]
</font>
I might be the guy from "maybe Pakistan" although it would rather be India because my father is from there At least I was in 75 = window seat on the 13:27 train on 17th.

I got off at Mannheim since I am from Mannheim.

Maybe next time all of us should wear some FT merchandising stuff (like I posted in the "Tuna Sandwich" thread

[This message has been edited by dave125 (edited 10-21-2003).]
Old Oct 21, 2003, 7:14 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dave125:
I might be the guy from "maybe Pakistan" although it would rather be India because my father is from there At least I was in 75 = window seat on the 13:27 train on 17th.

I got off at Mannheim since I am from Mannheim.

Maybe next time all of us should wear some FT merchandising stuff (like I posted in the "Tuna Sandwich" thread

[This message has been edited by dave125 (edited 10-21-2003).]
</font>
There was a "guy maybe from Pakistan" sitting right next to me on my 11:20 "flight" on sunday FRA-ZWS. You?

[This message has been edited by daysleeper (edited 10-21-2003).]
Old Oct 21, 2003, 9:00 am

Yes, that was me
Old Oct 21, 2003, 9:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dave125:
Yes, that was me </font>
This was the second time I travelled with a FTer without even knowing it.

Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:16 pm

I'm going to be in FRA for most of the day this sunday (Oct 26) and wanted to do an airrail run.

Unfortunately, using the LH site I cannot get any "flights" to show up at anything close to these prices for QKL or ZWS. Is that just because everything is sold out? (and if yes, any suggestions on a way around that problem?)

By the way, what is also strange is that these airport codes are not valid in the Star downloadable timetable... they used to be (more than 1 year ago). That makes it a little inconvenient to check all the schedules...

Ron

[This message has been edited by lewinr (edited 10-21-2003).]
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:43 pm

Ron, please use this link:

http://www.start.de/start/view/flug/...enfluege.shtml

Unfortunately only available in German.
If your departure and arrival is at the same day you have to specify the time for your trip (Uhr (Abflugszeit), otherwise you´ll get an error. As "Serviceklasse:" select Business. Next page will show you the timetable . For Oct. 26th the far is 106 Euro. You must select two business trips or the fair is much higher. Hope this helps you.

At the end you have to put in your address, credit card etc. Make sure that you put in "Please extix booking or Bitte etix ticket ausstellen" in the option field

Greets,
Tazmania

[This message has been edited by Tazmania (edited 10-21-2003).]
Old Oct 21, 2003, 2:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lewinr:
Unfortunately, using the LH site I cannot get any "flights" to show up at anything close to these prices for QKL or ZWS. Is that just because everything is sold out? (and if yes, any suggestions on a way around that problem?)
[This message has been edited by lewinr (edited 10-21-2003).]
</font>
You can't book the business class restricted fare on the LH website, you get only the unrestricted fare, but you can get the 66/106 € restricted fare when you CALL LH.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 12:54 am

A question. What will happen when I check-in at Friday after 6 pm and not going to the train next day? Will they credit the miles.

At the last trip I took an other seat as printed on the boarding card and the woman said she looked after me and otherwise had checked me out.

Anyone ever had a boarding card and did not take the train and got miles credited?

Ok, why I wann do this? Going by car to Munich and teturning from there to FRA by train. So I could buy a ticket MUC-ZWS and going ZWS-FRA with the AirRail ticket.

[This message has been edited by Tazmania (edited 10-22-2003).]
Old Oct 22, 2003, 1:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tazmania:
A question. What will happen when I check-in at Friday after 6 pm and not going to the train next day? Will they credit the miles.

At the last trip I took an other seat as printed on the boarding card and the woman said she looked after me and otherwise had checked me out.

Anyone ever had a boarding card and did not take the train and got miles credited?
[This message has been edited by Tazmania (edited 10-22-2003).]
</font>
Yes, I did that!

1. ckecked in and travelled ZWS-FRA
2. checked in at FRA for 2 FRA-ZWS trips (booked on two different credit cards) and travelled FRA-ZWS
3. ckecked in for ZWS-FRA and left ZWS

I got all the miles credited, but had to send the BP to LH M&M office.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 1:45 am

You sent all BP or only that for the trip you´ve not taken?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 1:57 am

You sent all BP or only that for the trip you´ve not taken?</font>
As other ppl said before, only one roundtrip per day will be credited automatically, so I had to send the BPs to LH for the 2nd trip.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 2:15 am

Thank you, then I will do the trip without taking the train
Old Oct 22, 2003, 3:20 am

daysleeper, congratulations! But this implies to me that simply checking in as well in FRA as in ZWS would be sufficient to archieve the miles beeing credited (at least when sending in the boarding passes and having it done manually - it seems that they did not check whether daysleeper acutally has ridden the train ...) BUT I would seriously doubt that you actually could get the miles credited automatically, as there is our LH personell on the train checking everything and everyone.... So I think you actually would be on the uncertain side trying this.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 5:12 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thank you, then I will do the trip without taking the train </font>
I would STRONGLY advise against this! You may get away with this once or twice, but if you do this frequently, LH will probably come after you and audit your account.

The LH-person on the train checks your name against the list, and if he cannot find you will report that to the destination-station.

Again, you may be lucky once or twice with some made-up excuse, but if you do so frequently, I would guess LH will come after you...

Keep in mind that the rewards of AiRail are great, so please do not mess around with this oportunity and take the train...

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.