Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Filing a Suit Against MM. US or Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Filing a Suit Against MM. US or Germany?

I was a former Qualiflyer member who transferred my account to MM back in January of this year. Due to the Inside Flyer subscription promotion, I accumulated well over two million miles. Qualiflyer sent me a statement showing the account was transferred to MM and a friend of mine who works for MM in Poland confirmed they are aware of my account. He said the account is sealed and only Germany has access to it. I've written numerous times, faxed and called MM but have never received any response about my account. I sent MM a demand letter to reply with info. by a certain date and of course no response yet.

So now I feel my only recourse is to file a suit against MM. I figure the account is worth over 20 First tickets from the US to Europe, so a few Euros. Maybe someone has a different suggestion? But when I file suit, can I file here in the US or should I file a suit in Germany?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:55 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
What was that Inside Flyer promotion? Is it still running?

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Oct 22, 2003, 5:43 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileTex:
I was a former Qualiflyer member who transferred my account to MM back in January of this year. Due to the Inside Flyer subscription promotion, I accumulated well over two million miles. Qualiflyer sent me a statement showing the account was transferred to MM and a friend of mine who works for MM in Poland confirmed they are aware of my account. He said the account is sealed and only Germany has access to it. I've written numerous times, faxed and called MM but have never received any response about my account. I sent MM a demand letter to reply with info. by a certain date and of course no response yet.

So now I feel my only recourse is to file a suit against MM. I figure the account is worth over 20 First tickets from the US to Europe, so a few Euros. Maybe someone has a different suggestion? But when I file suit, can I file here in the US or should I file a suit in Germany?
</font>
Filt suit is expensive; and so should only be undertaken as a last recourse.

I would suggest phoning the German (dedicated) Senator line, and ask for a supervisor. Give them your account details; and see where you go.

Regards,
Alex
Old Oct 22, 2003, 6:01 pm

I would suggest several other possibilities before filing a suit:

1. Ask for help from some of the various travel ombudsmen, and see if they can help: e.g. Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, www.elliott.org, etc.

2. Call the Lufthansa Executive offices in New York (assuming it's easier for you to reach than Germany), and tell them that you've been unable to make progress with your problem by phone or mail, and so you would like to resolve it in person. Request a meeting or suggest a time that you will appear at their NY office.
Lufthansa - Executive & Administration Offices
1640 Hempstead Turnpike
East Meadow, NY 11554
516-296-9200

3. If all your M&M miles are from the Qualiflyer transfer, and you haven't ever flown Lufthansa, take a short trip in the US on United and credit the miles to your Lufthansa account (this may be possible with US Air too). This way you'll at least be able to demonstrate that you're an active customer of theirs (to at least some extent).

4. If you haven't been able to find the correct person at Lufthansa to talk to, call the 1K Service Center (you appear to be a UA 1K), and see if they can give you the name of the appropriate person at Lufthansa to contact.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

or maybe get in touch with FT "Rudi" who seems to have some angels over at LH, albeit in Europe. Good luck!
Old Oct 23, 2003, 2:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
What was that Inside Flyer promotion? Is it still running?

</font>
I believe what MileTex is referring to was the 2,500 Starpoints for an InsideFlyer subscription that was offered toward the end of last year.

The offer was unlimited (you could order hundreds of subscriptions if you could pay for them) and there was also a favorable transfer ratio from Starpoints into some of the FF programs, so some folks did just that. Quite a few used the InsideFlyer =&gt; Starpoints =&gt; FF miles route to get "free" trips on the Concorde!

That particular combination of offers is no longer available, but you can take advantage of the current offer which offers 1,000 Starpoints for purchasing the "Frequent Flyer Package".

(Edited for UBB coding, sorry.)

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 10-23-2003).]
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't understand how MileTex got his miles out of the travel club and into M&M. I tried to move mine(only about 250k) to LOT, the only chance I knew of, but could not as I did not live in Poland.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slawecki:
I don't understand how MileTex got his miles out of the travel club and into M&M. I tried to move mine(only about 250k) to LOT, the only chance I knew of, but could not as I did not live in Poland.</font>
Well I originally signed up with LOT and became a Qualiflyer member through them. I think they looked at which airline was used to start your membership and which airline you obtained most of your miles to determine if you could go to LOT/MM or TAP or Swiss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.