Original Poster

One more pix of new business class

here's another image of the new business seats:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/LH-J-new.htm

looks very nice & flat to me
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think it's even more interesting that the toilets are going downstairs...I didn't know that Airbus were offering as an option!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:33 am
Uli

here is the text:

"The A340-600's are being delivered in a two class configuration, featuring the new business class cabin and new seats in the economy cabin. The A340's will feature lower lobe facilities, including lavatories and galleys reached via a stylish staircase.

Lufthansa say that moving the lavatories downstairs means that fewer passengers have to sit next to them, and provides more seat space on the main passenger deck."

really, really interesting. had never heard of that before.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:38 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
They already have the crew-rest downstairs on the A340-300, see here for a photo.

I haven't heard of downstairs toilets either; sounds interesting. It sounds like a good strategy to get quite a few more seats onboard.

Regards,
Alex
Old Oct 13, 2003, 11:23 am

Does any one knows in which routes the new planes will be scheduled...?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 9:41 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The concept is interesting... but, I assume there will still be a lavatory somewhere on the main deck, else, how will disabled travellers deal with the staircase...??
Old Oct 14, 2003, 9:57 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
They will also offer an elevator...

I doubt that but the idea is fancy. I appreciate that LH seems to be open to innovation, at least now. They waited really long to try to compete with BA, SQ, CX,... in the flat bed C seat category of their business. Just my 2 cents...
Old Oct 14, 2003, 11:17 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Got an invitation by LH today to visit their presentation of the new BC seat in mid-Nov at a roadshow event in STR...can't wait to see it in person and give it a "test ride"...

[This message has been edited by ngfan (edited 10-14-2003).]
Old Oct 14, 2003, 2:00 pm

Interestingly the article mentions a revamp of the catering service.
I hope the trays will fly out of the window, finally. Please serve my food ON the table and please give me salt and pepper shakers (i know, I know the HUGE problems of air travbel today, right :-)) and not those paper containers.
And upgrade the vodka. thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:
here is the text:

"The A340-600's are being delivered in a two class configuration, featuring the new business class cabin and new seats in the economy cabin. The A340's will feature lower lobe facilities, including lavatories and galleys reached via a stylish staircase.

Lufthansa say that moving the lavatories downstairs means that fewer passengers have to sit next to them, and provides more seat space on the main passenger deck."

really, really interesting. had never heard of that before.
</font>
The MD-11 offered such an option as well, but no airline choose it, as it decreased valuable freight space in the plane's belly.

Old Oct 15, 2003, 1:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ngfan:
Got an invitation by LH today to visit their presentation of the new BC seat in mid-Nov at a roadshow event in STR...can't wait to see it in person and give it a "test ride"...
</font>
ngfan
being curious, what is your connection to LH ? Do you fly a lot of longhaul C or ?

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Danny:
looks very nice & flat to me </font>
It's flat but it still points downwards! Who sleeps in a position like that?

I really think LH have missed a huge opportunity here. The competition (BA and VS) have them beat hands down.....
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

i guess the trade-off is between length and angle to the floor...

my personal preference is length (BA's flat seat is way too short for me)...

i wouldn't be surprised if most of the angle is offset by the plane's slight upward pitch, but am just speculating here
Old Oct 17, 2003, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Like Roteg I'm unable to find details of routes/timetable for introduction of the new J class. Incidentally,
if the tilt of their new flat bed is compensated for by the upward inclination of the aircraft in flight, then LX pax in J would have their toes higher than their heads because those seats are flat on the a340. No - I bet they are just able to cram more in on the diagonal (or offer a fraction more length).

------------------
There's old pilots & there's bold pilots but there's not many old bold ...
Old Oct 17, 2003, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Blue
Airtours (the UK charter carrier) have the toilets on their A330 downstairs. I think ther were 4 or 5 serving the Y cabin. Upstairs for Y+. It does mean that a FA has to be downstairs all the time. That looked like a terrible job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.