Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MuM Miles for Train Rides FRA-QKL on LH flight number?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2003, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

MuM Miles for Train Rides FRA-QKL on LH flight number?

I have not received any MuM mileage credit yet for several train rides on LH flight numbers I have recently taken between FRA and QKL (=Cologne central station). Is it possible that you do not earn any mileage credit for train rides even if they are on LH flight number?
Old Aug 30, 2003, 4:49 am

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Sounds bad! I want to "fly" the same route as part of a mileage run next weekend. I thought that there is no problem with getting miles on the LH Airrail-Services.
My only advice: Try to call the M&M Service Center and ask them;

I´m sorry that I do not have other suggestions!

Good luck!
Old Aug 30, 2003, 5:51 am

Travelling Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Cologne several times with LH-AirRail, I had never problems with the Stuttgart (ZWS) trips.
I received the miles for the FRA-QKL trip on the next day.
But for QKL-FRA it never worked. I called M&M service and was told to fill out the mileage request form ( http://cms.lufthansa.com/mam/de/en/m...781987,00.html ). But still no miles after 4-8 weeks....
Old Aug 30, 2003, 5:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
I did not have any problems with QKL-FRA so far since the start of the Airail service. The miles were credited one or two days after the trips automatically. Just make sure during check-in that your account number is associated with the ticket.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I'm looking to do a couple of trips to ZWS and QKL , ex-FRA. This is my first trip to ZWS and QKL, and appreciate if anyone got advice on what to do while there.

I assume the C airrail fare can be bought thru www.lufthansa.com.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 2:25 am

About 2 months ago, I traveled FRA-QKL-FRA. The miles for the first segment appeared 2 days later, as usual, on my account, the miles for the return ride did not. Five weeks later, I did the trip again, and this time both segments were not credited. (All "flights" were booked under my M&M account number and accessible on IFW.) I called M&M service center, and they told me the usual "Send in your BP etc.". So I did, but I'm still waiting. All miles for other flights in the meantime showed up automatically.
So there really seems to be a problem with airrail miles, at least for FRA-QKL. Has anyone had similar experiences with FRA-ZWS?
Old Sep 7, 2003, 4:24 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I had a similar problem recently with a complete roundtrip out of QKL not being credited. After the flight did not post after three days, I filled out the form and mailed my BPs to M&M.

About three weeks later I got a form-letter stating that bus-rides do not count for mileage-accrual. I immediately called SEN-line and the agent agreed with me that these big, white trains are definetly not a bus and are valid for accrual. Four days later (I called on a sunday) the miles finally showed up on my account.

It seems in fact that the Cologne Check-In desk has some problems with entering the M&M-number correctly when checking you in...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 17, 2003, 7:56 am

When doing a LH flight (train ride) FRA-ZWS, are they checking your passport? In other words: Could I (theoretically) send a good fried of mine, who is a railway enthusiast, to do my mileage-run?!
Old Sep 17, 2003, 8:30 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I strongly advise against that. There can be any sort of incident that requires them to have a look at your passport. You may not like the outcome of this...
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:05 pm

I plan to do a FRA-ZWS-FRA on a Thurs and return on Mon. Will there be a problem if I do a ZWS-FRA-QKL-FRA-ZWS on 2 separate tix on Fri and return on Sun on that same weekend.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 11:36 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
I plan to do a FRA-ZWS-FRA on a Thurs and return on Mon. Will there be a problem if I do a ZWS-FRA-QKL-FRA-ZWS on 2 separate tix on Fri and return on Sun on that same weekend.</font>
I already booked several R/T in C for an Airrail MR. Lufthansa called (only on my mailbox but twice!)and asked if there is a mistake with my bookings. What to do now? Are they allowed to cancel the "flights" because they are booked as nested itineraries or obvious MR? Has anyone made experience with that? Thank you in advance,

fradoc
Old Sep 17, 2003, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
LH's contract of carriage has no clause against nested tickets, in so far you are safe that they are not simply cancelling your tickets. In fact LH's phone reservation is often very actively selling such tickets, also involving throwaway-sectors (which are legal also).

So I would see it as their courtesy that they noticed something unusual and will give you the chance to clean that up before the day of travel. However as you intentionally booked these, just answer the phone the next time and tell them everything is fine.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 18, 2003, 1:28 am

I think the call is standard procedure to ensure the bookings are correct. I booked two nested tickets through an online travel agency and they also called me to ask if I gave them the right dates. So, in my opinion, there's nothing to worry about here.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 1:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eule:
I think the call is standard procedure to ensure the bookings are correct. I booked two nested tickets through an online travel agency and they also called me to ask if I gave them the right dates. So, in my opinion, there's nothing to worry about here. </font>
Could you email me the online TA you used to book these tickets?

Old Sep 18, 2003, 2:21 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Thanks for your information.

fradoc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.