Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian Airlines/Lauda -- New C class on 737-800?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Question Austrian Airlines/Lauda -- New C class on 737-800?

Hi there,

A while back I know that flying VIE-DXB, OS uses Lauda planes to do the job using a 737. I also know that they were using some Lauda planes to do the run without a business class as the other planes were being outfitted with new business class seats.

Does anyone know how these seats are or have any pictures? ^
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
The plane usually doing the VIE DXB and vv run is the FALCO.
It has 16 C-Class seats (2-2) which are ok for a 6 hrs flight.
Never heard that these seats are going to be changed.

I guess the plane was on a D-Check while they were using the spare A/C.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.. however when I flew I had asked why there were no C class seats and was told that they were getting new C class seats put in.... I know the 2-2 seats but found them a little shoddy and not that great.. so I thought they hopefully are getting upgraded to something decent!!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im doing this flight VIE-IST...does it operate with the new 2-2 C class seats? Are they similar to domestic US airline First Class seats? Does Lauda Air do anything special on this route like menus/amenity kits/etc?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 2:24 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im doing this flight VIE-IST...does it operate with the new 2-2 C class seats? Are they similar to domestic US airline First Class seats? Does Lauda Air do anything special on this route like menus/amenity kits/etc?
if you are flying on the OS 737-800 you get a high-density config without business class seats. The 2-2 C class was a feature of the past for VIE-DXB. There is no more Lauda Air, every 737 (except OE-LNK) is now painted in OS colours and operated by OS crews.

you might find also more information here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-recently.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-config.html

I was on a OS 737-700 two days ago. They have a nice pitch, but only in the rows ahead of the overwing exit.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gkl
if you are flying on the OS 737-800 you get a high-density config without business class seats. The 2-2 C class was a feature of the past for VIE-DXB. There is no more Lauda Air, every 737 (except OE-LNK) is now painted in OS colours and operated by OS crews.

you might find also more information here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-recently.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-config.html

I was on a OS 737-700 two days ago. They have a nice pitch, but only in the rows ahead of the overwing exit.

How can they offer a Business Class then?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:19 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How can they offer a Business Class then?
business class is not necessarily about the seat or seat pitch.

they block the middle seat (as LH and LX do so too), offer better meal service then in Eco, more miles, priority baggage handling,...

But you are right, the OS 320 is better value for money when it comes to seat pitch and I would prefer the 320 (or 737-600/700) when it´s offered on the same route.

What I heared is, that there will be new seats on the 737-800 in the not tooooo distant future.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I was on a Lauda B737-800 yesterday flying from FCO to VIE - the seat pitch is quite average, but middle seats is blocked. What really annoyed me was that the overhead compartment space above rows 1-2 was blocked by emergency equipment (on the right - QF also uses B737-800 and does not have any equipment in this area) and F/A baggage (on the left). F/A were wearing OS uniforms. Service was good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.