Mileage Run for FTL Status?

Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Mileage Run for FTL Status?

Another question:
I have no status at M&M at the moment and would like to become FTL as soon as possible. I expect to have about 31.000 Status-Miles by mid-july. So about 20.000 Miles are missing for FTL! Are there any possibilities to get 20.000 Miles with some inner-european or cheap intercontinental trips this summer? I just read about US-based mileage runs so far ... and Im living in Austria!

Thanx for your suggestions
Old Jul 2, 2003, 7:08 am

Programs: LH SEN
The cheapest would probably the classic mileage run on the train between FRA and ZWS(Stuttgart Railway Station). You get 4000 status miles for every round trip in buusiness class, i.e. you would have to do 5 returns to reach the 20,000 miles you need. Same day returns (of which you could do a couple a day) are EUR106 each, weekend returns (with saturday night stay) are EUR66 each. So it would basically come down to EUR330-EUR530.

Of couse, if you could get hold of a non-European mailing address, you would only be 4000 miles short of FTL.

Has anybody out there any experience with nesting the cheap weekend fares between ZWS and FRA, e.g. two FRA-ZWS-FRA and one ZWS-FRA-ZWS, which would give 3 returns a weekend.

[This message has been edited by yogimh49 (edited 07-02-2003).]
Old Jul 2, 2003, 7:15 am

I just completed two nested roundtrips (1 FRA-ZWS-FRA, 2 ZWS-FRA-ZWS, Sat/Sun). No problems, just a smile from the lady at ZWS checkin, saying that I must be on a milage run...
Old Jul 2, 2003, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Ill try the AIRTRAIN-thing I think! Sounds nice. Can I buy tickets via Internet?

thanx
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:18 am
Suspended

Do they also run train "Sat night deals" from MUC? I have an upcoming trip there, but not FRA and would love to do 2 nested runs to get miles and finally make SEN.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 9:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
Do they also run train "Sat night deals" from MUC? I have an upcoming trip there, but not FRA and would love to do 2 nested runs to get miles and finally make SEN.</font>

There is no AIRail service ex MUC.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 12:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Tickets fpr the AirRail can be bought for example on www.start.de or www.opodo.de.

Have fun flying on the ground!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.