FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Arriving F passenger refused entry to F lounge in FRA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/683100-arriving-f-passenger-refused-entry-f-lounge-fra.html)

DeltaFlyingProf Apr 16, 2007 9:39 am

Arriving F passenger refused entry to F lounge in FRA

Yesterday, my friend was flight IAD-FRA on LH in first class, followed by FRA-LHR in J on LH as well.
As far as I understand the rules, passengers arriving in F and continuing on LH have the right to acces the F lounge independently of the COS of the connecting flight. Is that correct?
Should he write a complaint to LH?
What are you guys' experience in this matter?

flysurfer Apr 16, 2007 9:43 am

Yep, full access to the FCLs and FCT as long as the flights are on the same day.

SmilingBoy Apr 16, 2007 9:54 am

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf (Post 7589400)
Yesterday, my friend was flight IAD-FRA on LH in first class

Was it LH metal or LH code on UA metal? If the latter, no access.

(Sorry to ask this - I don't think you don't know what a code share is, but your friend might not know. My colleague still says that LH has bad service, dirty planes and lost her luggage. The trip was FRA-PHL-DCA, I'll let you guess the actual operating carrier.)

SmilingBoy.

DeltaFlyingProf Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy (Post 7589481)
Was it LH metal or LH code on UA metal? If the latter, no access.

(Sorry to ask this - I don't think you don't know what a code share is, but your friend might not know. My colleague still says that LH has bad service, dirty planes and lost her luggage. The trip was FRA-PHL-DCA, I'll let you guess the actual operating carrier.)

SmilingBoy.

It was LH419 operated by LH, so no issue there! Seat 83C... I don't think UA has such a seat :)

SleepOverGreenland Apr 16, 2007 10:16 am

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf (Post 7589555)
It was LH419 operated by LH, so no issue there! Seat 83C... I don't think UA has such a seat :)

Did he show the red 83C BP, or the departure BP only?

If he indeed had the red BP and was not allowed entrance into the FCL by FCL stuff (departure flight doesn't matter in this case) this was a breach of the rules and he should write a letter of complaint.

If he didn't show the red BP or was declined to pass a way to the FCL by FRAport stuff (which can easily happen in FRA), then there is nothing to complain with LH.

In the described situation he could have even used the FCT (departure on LH metal to LHR, COS doesn't matter, LH has no J btw).

BenjaminNYC Apr 17, 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 7589593)

If he indeed had the red BP and was not allowed entrance into the FCL by FCL stuff (departure flight doesn't matter in this case) this was a breach of the rules and he should write a letter of complaint.

If he didn't show the red BP or was declined to pass a way to the FCL by FRAport stuff (which can easily happen in FRA), then there is nothing to complain with LH.

In the described situation he could have even used the FCT (departure on LH metal to LHR, COS doesn't matter, LH has no J btw).

Agree, but doesn't the connecting BP says "FCL" on it to indicate that the travelers is FCL/FCT eligible?

qasr Apr 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 7589593)

Right... Whenever I've landed in FRA, I've only had to pull the red BP out of my pocket before the agent was on the phone to get the van to pick me up to take me to the FCT. :)

I'd be very surprised if there was an agent who saw the red BP and would deny calling the van for whatever reason. I flat out disbelieve that any of the FCT staff would have denied access if the OP found their way to the FCT on their own.

qasr Apr 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC (Post 7595986)
Agree, but doesn't the connecting BP says "FCL" on it to indicate that the travelers is FCL/FCT eligible?

I haven't noticed that before, so *maybe*...

flamboyant 1 Apr 17, 2007 12:58 pm

FCI is on connecting BP of LH long haul First Class pax.
(maybe not on HON member BPs, but on all others in my experience).

Flying Lawyer Apr 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1 (Post 7596612)
(maybe not on HON member BPs, but on all others in my experience).

I am not sure that it is on a SENs BP either

SanDiego1K Apr 17, 2007 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1 (Post 7596612)

I just checked my connecting Swiss boarding card, the flight immediately following a transatlantic LH F flight, with both boarding passes issued by LH. It says nothing on it about FCT.

kevinsac Apr 17, 2007 2:51 pm

I don't have my passport case handy, but I believe BJ is right: my "onward" LH-issued BPs after a LH F flight have included "FCI" on them.

Kiwi Flyer Apr 17, 2007 4:28 pm

My LOT issued BP did not have anything mentioning FCT/FCL on them.

qasr Apr 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 7597790)
My LOT issued BP did not have anything mentioning FCT/FCL on them.

My LH issued ones (FRA, LHR & BOS) don't have it either. Does it go where the status usually goes? That would explain why it might only show for non-status pax?

Peter M Apr 17, 2007 9:05 pm

FCI or FCL:confused: I've seen LH print "IFC" on C-class cxns BP's with a F-class ticket. Whatever, the friend should have shown the whole ticket to the lounge dragon. I would expect LH to offer compensation, if they find themselves at fault.