Wiki Posts
Search

LH RJ85 Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2003, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
LH RJ85 Fleet

I hear on the grapevine Lufthansa intend to turn the 85 seat RJ aircraft into 100 seats by changing the config from 3-2 to a 3-3 system, having flown recently i would guess its gonna make it even extra tight and where is all the extra hand luggage gonna go in an already short of locker space aircraft
Old Jun 10, 2003, 11:02 am
Uli

i am flying on eurowings RJ85 10 times a year and they have 3-3 and it works OK for VERY SHORT flights like FRA FMO but in no way further
Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:08 pm

I flew onboard the ARJ85 in the new 3-3 config Saturday LHR-DUS. Not a big deal, the new seats are definitely less cramped than on the CRJ (IIRC, the ARJ's fuselage is only 10cm less wide than that of a B737. However, I wouldn't want to sit in it for much longer flights. The old seats were great, I hope this is not another trend which LX, SN and other ARJ operators will follow.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
On the EW RJ85 I generally try to get an A (window) or C (aisle) seat in the last two rows. As the fuselage narrows at the very back of the plane, the result is a 2-3 formation in those 2 rows (and a lot of space for storage, especially in the window seats!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.