Search

new (small) perk for SENs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2003, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
new (small) perk for SENs

Hi,

I just came back from a trip Madrid-Frankfurt in economy. The flight was more or less full in eco and business. Because I smuggled two pieces of cabin baggage in and the seat beside me was occupied I had to put one piece under the seat in front of me. So after 1 hour or so, it really got boring and uncomfortable. This was when, just after the meal services, the purser came around and asked all the SENs in Eco (maybe 3 including me) if they would like to get a magazin. I asked for the "Bunte" , he took a note and shortly after came back to the Eco-SENs with the magazins. Then he was asked by the passenger just across the aisle from me, why some people were offered a magazin. His reply : "Because they are Senators. They make up 5% of our customer base, but generate 60% ?!? of revenue"
He handed my the magazin and thanked me for flying Lufthansa. So I asked him if this up to him or if a new procedure was deployed. He told me that from April, 1st (no fool here) this should be done on all flights where there is time. I guess these are the ones in Europe where you get a real meal in C.
If the SENs are making up 5%, it's quite high for a top-tier. I remeber, being Presidents Gold with Canadian Airlines years ago, it was only 1%. Might be the threshold also for the new LH top-tier. Anyway, really nice experience. Let's see if this is follow-thru or if it is eventually up to the FAs to provide this benefit for SENs.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow, interesting. Thanks for giving us the heads-up, Mike. I wonder if they will make this a published benefit...? (doubtful)
Old Apr 4, 2003, 10:53 pm

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I remember the good old times, when you sometimes got the amenity kit from C, or they offered you a dessert of the C/Class meal or just aproached you by name in Economy.
This times were over since about three years. It would be nice to see some special attention coming back.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:57 pm
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
With figures I have from last year 5% of the customer base total are elites, which is SEN + FTL. SEN's are only some 0,5% of the customer base.

This 60% of revenue seems a little bit high IMO.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 3:40 am

I remember, just 3 years ago, when I just had a silver card with BA, flying Y,I regularly had the CX cabin chief coming to greet me by my name...On the other hand, SQ F.A. didn't care at all when I had SQ gold card (But seems that even solitaires do not receive any special treatment)
Old Apr 5, 2003, 5:50 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ralfkrippner:
With figures I have from last year 5% of the customer base total are elites, which is SEN + FTL. SEN's are only some 0,5% of the customer base.

This 60% of revenue seems a little bit high IMO.
</font>
The figures are way to high, if 5% of all the M&M customers are Senators you would not have problems finding a seat in the Sen lounges, you would not even find the entrance to the lounges anymore...

Beside that I am pretty sure that all FTL`s create more revenue than the Senators..., so maybe LH should think about adding some perks for them.Isn`t it ridiculous that you don`t get lounge access in the US, even if you fly over 100k miles on LH and * partners.

Beside that I don`t like the new policy, simply because of the reason that the purser will definately screw up passengers right next to the SEN, resulting in those questions posted above.And you make them feel like second class flyers, too..

Save the money and bring back some real perks !!

Old Apr 6, 2003, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I remember on UA they used to ask *G and *S pax first what meal choice they would like in C. Pan Am used to carry separate meals for pax with FF cards, which were served like special meals in economy. I remember flying BOM-FRA in 1989 and getting this service without even knowing about it. Now that would be an idea: serve a warm C meal to SEN/FTL in Y if meals are left over in C due to low occupancy!

Regards Oliver
Old Apr 7, 2003, 2:41 am

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G
Interesting explanation. There seems to have been informal approach to "pampering SENs" flying Eco as early as February though.

I had booked a LH "Special" to NY JFK in Economy and as I had been seated to emergency row, I did not bother to upgrade. On the flight FRA to JFK the Purser dropped by, indroduced himself, adressed me by name and told me that if there was anything FAs could do to make my flight a more pleasent one. I was too surprised to ask for an explanation though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.