Flat Beds In C Class in the Press

Old Mar 13, 2003, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Flat Beds In C Class in the Press

In German Press it was reported today that in fact LH will commence with upgrading their C Class product from this fall. An internal Information reports that flat beds will be introduced matching the service level provided by BA, Qantas and CX as well as Star Partners ANA and SQ. In addition a larger Videoscreen for the IFE will be introduced. The first planes will be the new A 340 - 600 models that LH will receive in the fall. The complete refit of the present C Class that was introduced in 1998 will not be completed before 2005.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 13, 2003, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
This is good news. I am however, a little surprised that they will take things pretty much in stride and complete all the fleet by 2005. The competition is not sleeping, LH needs to wake up from its nap. Regarding the IFE, a bigger screen is nice... but, when are they going to do something about the actual software????

Also, if C gets a larger screen, will it be bigger than the one in F (they are not exactly huge) or will those also be enlarged?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 6:40 pm
Uli

I have also read that, I think the source was the "Wirtschaftswoche"

Would prefer to hear a confirmation that the internet installations in their longrange fleet will not be delayed by the economic downturn
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:
I have also read that, I think the source was the "Wirtschaftswoche"
</font>
ULI,
that was the source where I read it. I do not now how reliable they are as a source.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:21 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Insider source: LH was looking at a few AVOD solutions (Audio/Video on Demand)... Don't know if they are willing to commit to this as deploying new planes with it isn't an issue, it just increases costs to refit existing planes greatly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.