Low fare tix no longer to be valid for Status Re-Qualification

Old Mar 7, 03, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Low fare tix no longer to be valid for Status Re-Qualification

Hey folks, have you seen this latest crap by Lufthansa already?

It is part of the LH Miles & More newsletter that I received today:

In German, it reads:

"500 Meilen auf innerdeutschen 88 Euro-Strecken

Als Miles & More Teilnehmer sind Sie es gewohnt, auf allen Tarifen von
Lufthansa Meilen sammeln zu koennen - bei Kurzstrecken betraegt die
Meilengutschrift sogar mehr als die tatsaechlich geflogenen
Entfernungsmeilen.
Grundsaetzlich sind dies 1.000 Minimummeilen. Einzige Ausnahme: Vom 1.
Mai an
(Flugdatum) bekommen Sie fuer alle innerdeutschen Fluege zum
guenstigsten
Lufthansa-Tarif (dies sind zur Zeit die Tickets zu 88 bzw. 98€) in der
Buchungsklasse T 500 Status- und Praemienmeilen auf Ihrem Miles & More
Konto
gutgeschrieben. Von diesem Datum an werden diese Fluege zur Erreichung
bzw.
zum Erhalt Ihres Status als Frequent Traveller oder Senator ueber die
Anzahl
geflogener Strecken nicht mehr beruecksichtigt. "

It was just a matter of time that Lufthansa would do something stupid like this....as we all would have known better. Why care about its customers...typically Lufthansa.

An angry Senator....

Martin
Old Mar 7, 03, 8:34 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

look at this thread,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum32/HTML/002491.html

Jan
Old Mar 7, 03, 8:36 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I already send Oliver Wagner an email about this and encourage everybody to do so as well.
Old Mar 7, 03, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Peter,

thanks for writing to Oliver Wagner. But I am sure Mr. Wagner will not be interested to hear that since LH is - in my opinion - not doing much for its customers anyway. last time, I had a PANNE on the autobahn prior to a flight which cost 194 euros from CGN to TXL. I came late and had to rebook. HAD TO PAY 50 euros for an incident which I could simply not control. A nail had blown up my tire... While waiting for the ADAC, since I had equipment on board, the time passed for my flight. I cannot believe that LH is not able to its best customers a favor and rebook them for free or at a lower price. Even if this is a cheap ticket! I throw thounsands of euros into LH's mouth each year and this is what you get?? Oh great! Time to think it all over...if get the chance - planning and price - LH's competitors on those short hauls will be happy people in the future... Just because there is competition, LH should not imitate the rude behavior of its rivals like Ryanair who treat their passengers like ... More and more, it shows that the status - that are supposed to signal to LH who their best customers are - are of no specific value to us.

I am disappointed more and more.... Martin

Old Mar 7, 03, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Oh by the way,

I forgot to say...this is why we are flying Lufthansa so much, right? Because we wanna get the miles...the only thing that keeps us happy at such a weak service (ok, I admit...sometimes). If we don't get those miles, why fly Lufthansa frequently? LH should really re-think that move... If I don't get anything in return, I will not only book LH... AND SORRY LH: It is simply not the case, that I have donors each day that pay me a full-fare C-class ticket for 500 euros from FRA to TXL...Sorry, mea culpa!

Martin
Old Mar 8, 03, 2:02 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
less miles (only 500 + status bonus,) but these miles still count as status miles.

As explained elsewhere here, such flights 'only' don't count as qualifying flight segments.

Are there really many/some of us who still qualify/requalify for miles&more with segments?
Old Mar 8, 03, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are these rules available for those of us who are language impared?
Old Mar 8, 03, 2:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slawecki:
Are these rules available for those of us who are language impared?</font>
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...498281,00.html

Impertinently under the header "10 years of Miles & More – Celebrate with us!"

Old Mar 8, 03, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Yeah Berki,

you are right about impertinent..Let'S make a party in some LH lounge and celebrate that stupid move?

Drink all their champagne for a change? :-)

Martin
Old Mar 8, 03, 3:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:

Are there really many/some of us who still qualify/requalify for miles&more with segments?
</font>
Yes I would do. Because I get 125%bonus miles for KLM Plat I use LH only for innergerman-flights. I was thinking of making 40 segments. I used to take UAL-program befor and might go back.

What is more important LH does not communicate that change at all.
You can book today (Mar,8.) a flight TXL - STR for May, 7. and still LH offers 2000 Miles ! Its really a bad way to make fun of customers!
Old Mar 8, 03, 3:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JR-Flyer:
What is more important LH does not communicate that change at all.
You can book today (Mar,8.) a flight TXL - STR for May, 7. and still LH offers 2000 Miles ! Its really a bad way to make fun of customers!
</font>
That's a problem of IFW, not LH itself (although the difference is small). It shows (has showed) always nonsense, ie. 1000 miles for using the airport bus between Frankfurt and Mannheim.

Old Mar 8, 03, 8:24 pm
Uli

Maybe you will have me for writing this, but I can understand LHs move. People complain they are too expensive compared with no frills operations, but still want miles and also the cheapest tickets should be rebookable like C tickets.

I think the ticket rules are clear on the time of buying and it is everyones choice to buy them or not, and I dont think LH has to care if you are not coming because you have a problem with a car or because a meeting took longer or whatever.

Of course, I also buy the cheap intra German fare from time to time. The 1000 miles dont bring me much close to status anyway, and I am still happy I can buy a 88 Euro ticket in the internet and use LHs SEN lounges. Theoretically I can use the lounges four times (as they can be used for arrivals as well). If you deduct the VAT and airport taxes from the ticket price than LH can hardly pay for the magazines I read in the lounges not to mention their champaign.

By the way, in the beginning of M&M there were lots of fares excluded from mileage earning. Also auction fares could not earn miles in the beginning. Still, LH allows upgrading on all fares, most other airlines still cannot believe that LH allows you to upgrade a 299 EURO webfare for a transatlantic flight to business with just 20.000 miles (for American members).

Old Mar 8, 03, 9:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
I agree with Uli. Yes, this is not good news for us... but, the FF party as we know it is OVER... its gonna start costing more $$$ to get the perks. IMO, there is no looking back. SQ has been doing this since it started with its program.
Old Mar 9, 03, 5:48 am
Original Poster

I agree in part with Uli as well, can you believe it ... BUT....

times are like these. People have less money to spend on expensive tickets (Gaucho!!) and it's a matter of LH to think whether it's worth it for their customers that fly with them each week once, twice or even more times. There are a number of companies that pay their folks fully paid C-tickets all the time but that number is dwindling rapidly. I just read that, I believe, 35 percent of Germanwings passengers are business pax. Well, M & M is sought to bind customers to LH that they fly with them on a regular basis. There's only that much I can pay for tix on a regular basis. If it doesn't count for me either, I am gonna fly with other airlines...although it would be kinda sad.

Still, I am highly disappointed by such moves from LH.

Martin
Old Mar 9, 03, 7:08 am

Regarding the issue raised about LH not allowing a customer booked on a cheap ticket to take a different flight when his car breaks down etc, I find this rather unhelpful for both parties.

This could be a perfect situtation for the airline to create a win/win situation at no extra cost(assuming the alternative flight is not sold out), by practicing some goodwill/leniance to the client and thereby ensuring continued or even increased business with that client.

I had two cases like this last year with Deutsche BA, booked on extremely cheap tickets. Once a major traffic jam effected me an twenty other pax on my flight, another time the taxi I took to the airport broke down (unbelievable in itself - we are talking about a brandnew Mercedes here, not a 20 years old Dacia in Bucharest). In both cases DBA allowed me on the next flight without any extra cost. Based on this very good service, I will always at least consider DBA for domestic flights.

Search this Thread