Lufthansa Exklusive Magazin??

Old Dec 25, 02, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa Exklusive Magazin??

Hi everyone,
does anyone know who gets that magazine and who doesn´t? I thought it is being sent out to all FTLs and SEN. But neither my wife nor I (both FTLs) do get that magazine. Maybe because we are residing not in Germany but in Ukraine?!
Old Dec 25, 02, 9:24 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
It is sent to D only.
Old Dec 25, 02, 11:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
It is sent to D only.</font>
What? I have been a LH status customer (formerly FTL, now SEN) based in the US for years, and I have always received a quaterly issue of the Exclusive magazine...

The monthly LH Magazine (which they have on all LH flights) is only sent to German customers, I think (it's not sent to addresses abroad).

sfosenkid
Old Dec 25, 02, 12:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
every FTL (or Senator) gets a quarterly swiss version of the LH Exclusive Magazine (one page is exlusivly swiss info, the rest the same as the german version)

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 12-25-2002).]
Old Dec 26, 02, 7:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by W Nippert:
Hi everyone,
does anyone know who gets that magazine and who doesn´t? I thought it is being sent out to all FTLs and SEN. But neither my wife nor I (both FTLs) do get that magazine. Maybe because we are residing not in Germany but in Ukraine?!
</font>
Most times you can also get it in the lounge.

Tim

Old Dec 26, 02, 8:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tim2008:
Most times you can also get it in the lounge.

Tim

</font>

??? I have rarely seen it in the lounges.
Old Dec 26, 02, 8:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:

??? I have rarely seen it in the lounges.
</font>

I see it nearly everytime in BRE and HAJ.

Tim
Old Dec 26, 02, 11:29 am

It's being sent whereever you registered your residence with LH so check back with them. However, I believe you can also get it via email...
Old Dec 26, 02, 3:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CaliforniaSenator:
It's being sent whereever you registered your residence with LH so check back with them. However, I believe you can also get it via email...</font>
The impressum clearly say it is sent to D only.
Old Dec 26, 02, 4:10 pm

Well, I don't want this to become too ridiculous...but I honestly do get it here in Los Angeles and the last time I checked this place was outside Germany. However it is in English, so it is probably a very exclusive Exklusive magazine, exclusively for US-based sen or ftl. However I could xerox it and secretely mail it to you...
Old Dec 26, 02, 5:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
The impressum clearly say it is sent to D only.

that's the Germany Impressum version - there is another Swiss version, etc . etc. etc.
Old Dec 27, 02, 1:25 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
The Exclusive MAGAZINE is the monthly version of the LH onboard magazine with 8 or 12 added pages and an own cover. This one is only sent to FTL and SEN in Germany.

Other countries only get a Exclusive flyer with a few pages, published quarterly.

I have this info from LH marketing.
Old Dec 27, 02, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ PPS; UA Gold; LH FTL; Flying Blue Silver; Starwood Gold; ICHG AMB; Hyatt Platinum;
In the UK, FTLs and SENs get a quarterly 12 page newsletter called "Exclusive", which contains a mixture of UK-specific offers and information, and more general information. The newsletter makes clear that it is a "UK and Ireland" edition.

I guess we get most of the items that those in D receive in the extra pages around the magazine.
Old Dec 27, 02, 6:26 am
Original Poster

OK. So I can figure out that they just don´t do a special newsletter just for us few FTL/SEN in Ukraine ...
Old Dec 27, 02, 9:59 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
So I checked the january issue of the exclusive magazine. The cover page is a special one stating that it is the monthly magazine for the german FTL and SEN.
After page 9 there are an additional 8 pages (compared to the inflight version of the mag) with the headline Miles&More, numbered in roman numbers I to VII plus an ad on page VIII. Then the mag continues with page 10.

The production of this special edition of the LH magazine might be cheaper than producing the separate exclusive flyer to the ca. 300.000+ FTL/SEN in germany.

Also they include some flyers of partners with the monthly magazine. Here they even target the ca. 30.000 SENs with special flyers the FTL don't get. The Sixt Plat card offer mid 2002 is one example. In October the SEN's also got the complete LH 02/03 schedule with the magazine.
The January edition includes a flyer for impulse magazine, a LH skyshop catalogue "Valentine's special" (little bit early for that...?) and a New Zealand turism brochure (which I don't remember from my wife's FTL edition).

All questions answered?

Search this Thread