FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   TXL-EWR by Private Air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/67897-txl-ewr-private-air.html)

Tim2008 Feb 28, 2003 10:29 pm

TXL-EWR by Private Air

Itīs not officialy released by LH yet but Private Air will fly TXL-EWR on behalf of LH and there are rumours about more Private Air routes out of TXL and STR!
I hope I choose the correct board for this and nobody will close it http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Tim

[This message has been edited by Tim2008 (edited 02-28-2003).]

Pacha Mar 1, 2003 2:07 am

this would be awsome!!!!! great news.

I hope this one will survive....

What about TXL-NRT? Does PrivatAir have planes that could cover that route??

Pacha Mar 1, 2003 2:26 am

fyi,
I just checked the privatair website, and they are "urgently" looking for new cabin crew for a "new venture". They also report, that they are taking delivery of several A319's in april, so maybe these flights (or others in the future) will be on an airbus?

ralfkrippner Mar 1, 2003 3:43 am

Great!

I must admit I was sceptic first about the possible success of DUS-EWR but it seems to go well...

Patron Mar 1, 2003 7:00 am

I looked at Meilensammers news a couple of days ago:

From April onwards LH is planning to offer DUS-ORD and MUC-EWR in Business Class only on a Boeing Business Jet (48 seats).

Football Fan Mar 1, 2003 7:05 am

What's so special about this airline? (I looked at their website and it looks interesting...but is there something really outstanding about their service or something?)

alexwuk Mar 1, 2003 7:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
What's so special about this airline? (I looked at their website and it looks interesting...but is there something really outstanding about their service or something?)</font>
You can fly a BBJ in all C config for a standard C/D airfare. Flying a Private Jet is a pretty big improvement over flying on a 744 in C...

Regards,
Alex

ngfan Mar 1, 2003 1:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pacha:
fyi,
I just checked the privatair website, and they are "urgently" looking for new cabin crew for a "new venture". They also report, that they are taking delivery of several A319's in april, so maybe these flights (or others in the future) will be on an airbus?
</font>
At least two A319 will be operated as Airbus company shuttle flights between the various factory locations (i.e. Hamburg-Finkenwerder) in replacement of WDL's BAe 146 flights.

paulusst Mar 1, 2003 2:35 pm

YES !!!!

Now install the flynet on private air!

djohannw Mar 1, 2003 11:50 pm

Don't want to spoil that, but my (quite reliable) sources say the second BBJ is going to MUC for a second daily frequency to NYC (EWR to be precise). The DUS jet is being rotated to MUC this way to be able to do maintenance there.

Flights according to my information have already been coordinated for a morning departure out of MUC and an early afternoon departure out of EWR.

As to DUS-ORD that same source does not see that to open anytime soon due to shortage of aircraft, same for DUS-IAD (projected start Jan 2004 at earliest). Also it is expected that one of these routes will be a big aircraft in C/Y config to feed the European destinations out of DUS.

Greetings - Dirk

[This message has been edited by djohannw (edited 03-01-2003).]

BER Flyer Mar 3, 2003 3:04 pm

I can't believe the TXL-EWR story.
Every airline ( incl. LH ) stopped flying TXL to the US because of light F/C class bookings out of Berlin. Yet an all "Y" A330 would be more likely!

Greg45 Mar 3, 2003 4:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">an all "Y" A330 would be more likely![/B]</font>
Noooo, what a horrible thought. Unfortunately, it's probably true.