Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification - Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2003, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH
Requalification - Question

I know that to re-qualify for SEN status, one has till end Feb 2003 to do so, or re-start with the entire calendar year 2003.

I was a SEN a few years ago but due to job was lowered to FTL. I now would be able to just manage the 100K needed by end Feb to qualify again for SEN.

Does this count as 're-qualification' ?

I know it might sound like a stupid question but in some places one could argue this point with lawyers
Old Feb 9, 2003, 2:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Not according to LH for a couple of us. Your answers may vary . . .
Old Feb 9, 2003, 7:52 pm
Suspended

And if you manage to pull it off, please let Blondebomber and I know - we have both been affected by that same issue. As a result we are FTL's when we would have hit SEN level as we will be doing the requisite number of miles in 12 months, just not by Dec 2002.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 10:55 pm
Patron

Manuel – welcome to our community - was a SEN a few years ago but due to job was lowered to FTL. He now would be able to just manage the 100K needed by end Feb to qualify again for SEN. Does this count as 're-qualification'?

There is no doubt about it that the grace period for re-qualification ends this months. What makes me concern is, that I do not see any evidence for this grace period to qualify for FTL/SEN. An this is the (only) important point to answer this question. To qualify for SEN M&M members other than with a German or Austrian address need 100.000 status miles in one calendar year.

Manuel is FTL. Since the beginning of this year the eligibility period for initial qualification for SEN will be changed to coincide with the calendar year. The in any twelve subsequent months qualifying period ended in 11/02 (status miles 12/01 to 11/02).

But it might be, if you take this issue up with M&M now, that they would grant you a (last time) first-time qualification exception for a period March 2002 to February 2003 (as granted for re-qualification of Senator status). I would not hesitate to try and contact M&M now. (© by Rudi).

Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:13 am

>>>But it might be, if you take this issue up with M&M now, that they would grant you a (last time) first-time qualification exception for a period March 2002 to February 2003 (as granted for re-qualification of Senator status). I would not hesitate to try and contact M&M now.

Is this March 02 through February 03 requalification period valid for FTL-requalification as well? Because I have this problem, several letters to M&M didn´t convince them, despite 53000 status miles in said period - and the resonance to my thread in this forum didn´t give much help either...
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:31 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Officially, written by LH, the onetime exception/prolongation for requalifying applies only to Senators. For all others (reaulifying for FTL and first time qualifiers for FTL or Senator) it is calendar year now (Officially the subsequent 12 months qualification periods did end nov-30-2002 for all non-Senators at that time).

But I thought so far (but your and other experiences unfortunaltely proofed my expectations to be wrong), that miles&more (Lufthansa/OS) would grant exceptions to those, having started to accumulate miles for requalification/first-time qualification before the announced tha chenge to calendar year somewhen in summer 2002.

I don't think (and I am disappointed and feel for you guys) that LH/OS//miles&more did the right thing , having announced such changements, effecting 12 months, less then 12 months in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:39 am
Suspended

Thanks Rudi

I know BB is put off M&M as a result and has switched programs to a certain extent. Me I am still hedging my bets as I will make SEN this year regardless. By the end of this month I will already be at 50K in Q miles for the year, so all is not lost. I was just counting on no loss of *G status, which I will now do for a month or two.

I repeat if anyone has any success in getting LH to change their minds and honour what was posted / published - please let us know.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:07 am

Great, so how is one supposed to requalify if the FTL card expires 02/03? They expect one to have amassed 50000 miles in two months. Absurd. I´m starting to be rather disgusted by this treatment.

I mean, they´re cutting their own nose: 33000 miles were acquired in 03, FTL status expires by the end of February, FTL status will be reached again by April at the lastest - plus 10000 Miles "Welcome Bonus". Well done...

Daniel
Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:26 am

There is no "Welcome Bonus" anymore... That ended with the introduction of the 25% Executive Bonus for SEN/FTL.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
But I thought so far (but your and other experiences unfortunaltely proofed my expectations to be wrong), that miles&more (Lufthansa/OS) would grant exceptions to those, having started to accumulate miles for requalification/first-time qualification before the announced tha chenge to calendar year somewhen in summer 2002.
</font>
But this would mean for everybody who collected bonus miles between March 1 and December 31, 2002.

[This message has been edited by curt (edited 02-11-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 7:55 am
Suspended

I don't follow you Curt? What is wrong with that? Some of us had less than 12 months to qualify / requalify for a level while others had the full period. Not quite a level playing field. You get the bonuses at FTL level, and realistically how many of us fall between the cracks from this switchover?
Old Feb 15, 2003, 6:15 am
Original Poster

No luck. A few emails back and forth and the main point in their answer being:

However, we cannot make any allowances or exceptions. After all, Lufthansa reserves the right to amend and update its Miles & More programme at any time.

Old Feb 22, 2003, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Just got this from LH:

The requalifying rules apply to status customers such as yourself whose status, whether it be Frequent Traveller or Senator, is due to expire at the end of February 2003.

Unfortunately it came a bit late (after I decided not to use LH on my latest flight).

But maybe it still helps anyone...
Old Feb 22, 2003, 3:54 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
ĄThe requalifying rules apply to status customers such as yourself whose status, whether it be Frequent Traveller or Senator, is due to expire at the end of February 2003.

correct, you can, for a last time, requalify for FTL too, with 12 subesquent months counting, by feb-2003.

Unfortunately a FTL can't qualify for Senator in this time frame - according to LH miles&more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.