Top tier card

Old Feb 4, 03, 1:21 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LH SEN**, MR LT Platinum Premier
Top tier card

I did a search and read the information about the proposed top-tier card. Is there any news concerning this issue?

The Senator card is getting very watered down. For me the booking guarantee for all classes had been the biggest plus point.

If they were to bring that back in a better card I would pump all my status miles back into the card.

Is it planned on being a card for which you qualify during the normal period? Or is it going to be based on a lifetime card (like a Million Mile Card)?

Is introduction expected this year? Or are they waiting for the economy to pick up again?
Old Feb 4, 03, 2:05 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
Nothing really new to add, but IMO it's quite sure that you'll need a load of status miles to get that card; IIRC 350k was in discussion... So only very heavy flying in paid C and F would get you the card. And I somewhat doubt that one can weigh the features of the new tier against the money you have to spend to get it...
Old Feb 4, 03, 2:34 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Didn't Mr. Wagner promise us lots of new benefits for cancelling the booking guarantee? Where are they?
Old Feb 4, 03, 2:37 am
Uli

We are all waiting for more info ...

I think there will be no more info on the new card unless anyone receives the card from LH or one the LH lurkers here will reveal some more information to us ....
Old Feb 4, 03, 3:51 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LH SEN**, MR LT Platinum Premier
I am going to do something very naive and write an email to M&M requesting clarification. I expect a 5% chance of response.

Will keep you informed.

----
Sorry have sent a fax since I could not find an email address.

[This message has been edited by cbellero (edited 02-04-2003).]
Old Feb 4, 03, 5:07 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Didn't Mr. Wagner promise us lots of new benefits

I don't except any new benefits (in add to what we still have) - the major competing international/worldwide-ff-program-players reduce their benefits and increase the (miles) cost step by step.

I am 'praying' that we will not loose more in the near future too.

But at least miles&more offers this year some (so far minor for me) 'jubilee-promotions'.
Old Feb 4, 03, 5:09 am
Original Member

... also, our (50'000er-) upgrade-vouchers are now good on UA fligths (not that I intend to use them for this, their value is much better/higher on LH/OS flights (my best value is for upgrading my OS flights VIE-Australia from eco to business).
Old Feb 4, 03, 8:40 am
Patron

Cbellero asked: Is there any news concerning the proposed top-tier card?

The new top tier card will definitely introduced this year. This is the latest information I found on another tread:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Professor Haase:
…

2. Top tier card (as Lufthansas board of directors reject the proposed name of the card and there is an ongoing search for that, I call it top tier card): This level is postponed for another three months and should be introduced in June next year. But Lufthansa is only willing to start this program, if they are quite sure that the perks are available in praxis, so expect another delay.

For example, this is one important perk: Every lounge attendant in any of Lufthansa German hubs – looks like our community call them wardens – should be able to great all of this VIP clientele in their home base (yours could be either Frankfurt or Munich) by name and without showing membership card and boarding pass. Hopefully they pass the test…

Its nice for you that you passed 400k status miles this year (=January-November). On the average, you are doing 35k status miles/month. So if you earn another 25k status miles this months, you are on thee save side and definitely in!

…
</font>

Old Feb 4, 03, 8:53 am

Hmm ... I'm not sure how reliable the ostensible insider news from our beloved buddy Professor Haase are ...
Old Feb 4, 03, 8:59 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
You caused a deja-vu...
Old Feb 4, 03, 3:53 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
Didn't Mr. Wagner promise us lots of new benefits

I don't except any new benefits (in add to what we still have) - the major competing international/worldwide-ff-program-players reduce their benefits and increase the (miles) cost step by step.

I am 'praying' that we will not loose more in the near future too.

But at least miles&more offers this year some (so far minor for me) 'jubilee-promotions'.
</font>

I unfortunately do not exspect too much too, just wanted to remind about the marketing bla bla they always produce to disguise their reductions.
Old Feb 5, 03, 2:02 am

Location: Meerbusch, Germany, Amex Centurion, SPG Plat, LH FTL,, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Rudi,

&gt;&gt;(my best value is for upgrading my OS
&gt;&gt; flights VIE-Australia from eco to business).

Does this mean: Two 50k vouchers are good for 1 class upgrade from VIE to Australia?? If so: Wow!! ;-)
Old Feb 5, 03, 2:14 am
Original Member

yes - but no stopover in Kuala Lumpur allowed.

I did that now 6 times (3 return flights with Lauda) in the last 4 years.

Always in january to the Australian Tennis Open, flying in upgraded business (I paid SFr 1'995 + tax fo the return eco tickets ZRH-VIE - MEL or SYD via Kuala Lumpur), the ZRH-VIE in eco.
Old Feb 8, 03, 10:02 am

I was recently told by a person who should know that the "top tier" card is definitely still in the works and target for issuance is spring to early summer. Of course, even if that is the target today, it may be slipped later.

I just hope it is "additional" benefits, not just a taking of the current SEN benefits from the SENs and giving them to the new "top" folks.
Old Feb 8, 03, 11:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
I was recently told by a person who should know that the "top tier" card is definitely still in the works and target for issuance is spring to early summer. Of course, even if that is the target today, it may be slipped later.

I just hope it is "additional" benefits, not just a taking of the current SEN benefits from the SENs and giving them to the new "top" folks.
</font>
What 'benefits' (worth to give them away to new 'top folks') are you talking about ??

Search this Thread