Community
Wiki Posts
Search

require FRA/LH advise; upcoming FRAJFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:37 am
Original Poster

require FRA/LH advise; upcoming FRAJFK

All - handful of questions re upcoming LH FRAJFK in F booked on UA ticket stock.

A. Latest allowable check-in for F pax?

B. Suggested lounge - is UA dedicated F-lounge superior to Senator? Proximity to gates? (flight normally departs C83)

C. A340 vs 744 - my flight has been downgauged to the 340.

D. If I miss my flight, will LH FIM me to SQ the next a.m., or must I fly on LH or UA metal?

E. Any other input on F-class will be appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 6:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jamiebaker:
All - handful of questions re upcoming LH FRAJFK in F booked on UA ticket stock.

A. Latest allowable check-in for F pax?
-45 min

B. Suggested lounge - is UA dedicated F-lounge superior to Senator? Proximity to gates? (flight normally departs C83)
-I think there is just a LH lounge in Terminal 1 before security which is quite nice compared to other SEN lounges

C. A340 vs 744 - my flight has been downgauged to the 340.
If you travel alone the A 340 is the better choice. Go for seat 2A or 2K

D. If I miss my flight, will LH FIM me to SQ the next a.m., or must I fly on LH or UA metal?
-Not sure

E. Any other input on F-class will be appreciated.
</font>
Old Feb 7, 2003, 6:10 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
B: For departures from the C gates at terminal 1 in FRA the UA lounge is the most convenient located one IMO. I've not been to the special F section of this lounge but it can't be less attractive than the SEN lounges of LH...

If you want to try the SEN lounge then there is one at the B gates (most times very full and IMO very unconveniently located to the C gates). I would opt for the one at A51: use the entrance to the gate area at the A area of terminal 1, upstairs (this is the non-schengen area of terminal 1A). Then there is the lounge immediately on the right. To go to the C gates you could use the Skytrain that departes on this level of 1A and stops near the C gates; IIRC you won't have to pass security and immigrations again, only the addtl. security for US flights just before the gates.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 6:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jamiebaker:
D. If I miss my flight, will LH FIM me to SQ the next a.m., or must I fly on LH or UA metal?</font>
If you are travelling on a full fare F ticket - no problem, you can use any airline you want to.

If you are travelling on an award (O) ticket UA has to rebook you on SQ (if there are award seats available on SQ). LH won´t do that. Only if your inbound flight is delayed but not if was your fault.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 6:47 am
Original Poster

ralfkrippner - I was mistaken. Flight usually departs A63. Appears the using UA F-lounge at Pier C requires me to pass through a checkpoint before entering Pier A. Is this correct? Thanks in advance
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
You would be able to get from the RCC in Concourse C to tha Gate in Concourse A by taking the "Skytrain", an electric railway on the roof of the terminal running every couple of minutes. It is a LONG walk from the lounge to the train though.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ralfkrippner:
B: For departures from the C gates at terminal 1 in FRA the UA lounge is the most convenient located one IMO. I've not been to the special F section of this lounge but it can't be less attractive than the SEN lounges of LH...
</font>
I have been. It's very nice: quiet, no smoking (thank god!), good food and drink supply, nice view of the tarmac and runway.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 12:26 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
This RCC lounge is busy but the best to use because you have passed through many of the security checks. Passing through all the security points at FRA for UA are a real pain, especially if the flight is overbooked and they cannot issue BP's. After leaving the lounge, it is likely you will have to stand in more long lines and be grilled again at the (b)hoarding pen, so the earlier you arrive at the airport the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.