Search

Searching for flights automatically

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Searching for flights automatically

As I don't have access to any reservation system I am forced to use one of the two publicly accessible front-ends, the one in German and the one in Japanese.

I would like to be able to look for fare class availability over several days. This would be particularly useful to me for travel to JNB, which almost always has the low fare classes sold out.

Is there any tool out there that will allow me to do this?
Old Feb 4, 2003, 1:27 am

If I understand you correctly then www.itn.net will tell you that information.

You need to register, set your profile to "advanced" in the options and then you can see every booking class and availability by class.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 5:28 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Hmmm....hey thanks for that hint. That is quite a nice tool that I will add to my list.

However it doesn't quite do what I am looking for.

I want to be able to do a query, such as "When is Q-class on the FRA-JNB flight between now and let's say June 1 free".

Currently I have to go through and enter every day and look at the results for each day. And considering this flight is very full all of the time I would have to enter nearly every day before finding one.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Old Feb 4, 2003, 6:24 am

OK, I don't know a way to do that but this:
http://www.aeroplan.de/ap_rb_galileo.htm

is a little bit easier to use than www.itn.net for what you are attempting

You still have to go day by day but there is a lot less typing involved......
Old Feb 4, 2003, 7:34 am

There isn't really a "publicly available" way to do that (TA's might have something like this on their systems) - the only way is to do the search day by day over your desired dates, which does get rather tedious.

Danski
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:49 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Danski (and Zauber), thanks for the info, I have also been looking for a specific class fare for my friend Viktor H., who you might now from other boards, to PMI and because of all the possible routings from IAD it is a pain indeed.

I see you come from IAD, recommendations for a source for booking IAD-PMI connections with *?

[This message has been edited by cbellero (edited 02-04-2003).]
Old Feb 4, 2003, 1:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cbellero:
Danski (and Zauber), thanks for the info, I have also been looking for a specific class fare for my friend Viktor H., who you might now from other boards, to PMI and because of all the possible routings from IAD it is a pain indeed.

I see you come from IAD, recommendations for a source for booking IAD-PMI connections with *?

[This message has been edited by cbellero (edited 02-04-2003).]
</font>
I believe I have run across Viktor in my travels - also a companion who I believe is the one they call "Tim". I think I can find a good price from PMI to IAD with *, I shall start looking immediately. Also, I believe there may be good fare classes to TPA available for the night parade. Perhaps I might run into Viktor and the one known as Tim there as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.