LAX getting 3rd daily flight!!

LH 452/453 from MUC with an A343.

LH 453 LAX-MUC 16:40 13:00+1**
LH 452 MUC-LAX 11:15 14:30

This is in addition to two daily 744's from FRA LH450/451 and LH 456/457

Old Jan 26, 03, 1:49 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
I guess that this ends any hope in getting another new destination besides PDX (MSY and MSP?) this summer.
Old Jan 26, 03, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, but this is pretty old news...the MUC-LAX flight was announced way before the PDX-flight sometime back in September/October...

Currently rumors are spreading that LH will gift a new (and unique?) destination to MUC for the opening of the new Terminal in summer. The flight has NOT been coordinated in the schedules so far and even MUC-staff does not know anything about it...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 26, 03, 3:17 am

LH starts MUC-PEK (3x week/A340) exactly at the time when the new Terminal opens, so I guess that is the route you mean.
Old Jan 26, 03, 12:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DeutscheBA:
LH starts MUC-PEK (3x week/A340) exactly at the time when the new Terminal opens, so I guess that is the route you mean.</font>
No, as I said: It is NOT coordinated so far, so it is NOT the PEK flight...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 27, 03, 3:42 am

I was informed that they will start flying from MUC to MEX when the new terminal opens on 744 equipment.
Old Jan 27, 03, 5:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stausi:
I was informed that they will start flying from MUC to MEX when the new terminal opens on 744 equipment.</font>
I highly doubt that. That would mean they had to base a single 744 in MUC or rotate that through MEX with the FRA-plane...not really an operational dream-situation.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 27, 03, 10:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Munich to Miami please! Miami to Germany is a huge market, and Austrian left a big gap when they suspended Miami-Munich last year (technally, it is still a "suspension", but there are no signs of it coming back). Daily A340 would fill up easily.
Old Jan 27, 03, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA and CX. (Disgruntled UA Lifetime Plat) - No hotel loyalty anymore
Great, all we need is more people in the lounge at LAX... Is LH still trying to refurb/rebuild a lounge? With the 3rd flight now , seems no chance of moving back to the UA Terminal 6/7
Old Jan 28, 03, 3:56 am

Location: YVR, HAM; LH SEN; Leaders Club by Leading Hotels of the World
As I told earlyer here LH doesn t make any many with the MIA flight they even think about stopping it from FRA! Too many M&M awards and W-Class tickets on that flight.

Old Jan 28, 03, 6:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yvr-runner:
As I told earlyer here LH doesn t make any many with the MIA flight they even think about stopping it from FRA! Too many M&M awards and W-Class tickets on that flight.

</font>
I truly doubt that is true. Lufthansa would drop plenty of other US destinations, such as PHL and PHX, before ever dropping MIA, which always has excellent loads and very decent yields.
Old Jan 29, 03, 12:28 am

And currently LH is not looking into dropping US-destinations but thinks about adding them...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 29, 03, 3:15 am

Location: YVR, HAM; LH SEN; Leaders Club by Leading Hotels of the World
Sorry but I have my information from LH sales manager. Maybe you are right and they wont stop the MIA but Im sure wont start one more out of MUC! Anyway the manager told me that the yield on that flight is low to nothing!
Old Jan 30, 03, 5:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yvr-runner:
Sorry but I have my information from LH sales manager. Maybe you are right and they wont stop the MIA but Im sure wont start one more out of MUC! Anyway the manager told me that the yield on that flight is low to nothing!</font>

Perhaps Lauda will fly it again on VIE-MUC-MIA?

Tim
Old Jan 30, 03, 7:12 pm

Sorry but I have my information from LH sales manager. Maybe you are right and they wont stop the MIA but Im sure wont start one more out of MUC! Anyway the manager told me that the yield on that flight is low to nothing!</font>
I still find that hard to believe, but, I am not doubting that is what you were told. MIA is typically seen as a low-yield destination, but yield at MIA is a good amount above the national average and is #5 in trans-Atlantic yield, ahead of even LAX and SFO. I say MIA-MUC by summer 2004, and I would bet on it.

Search this Thread