Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX getting 3rd daily flight!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:27 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I personally would pay dearly for Lufthansa to reinstate their FRA-TPA flight which they dropped, what 12 years ago.

The direct flight with Condor (sorry, Thomas Cook powered by Condor) with its crazy flight times is just not the same! Or, if not TPA, how about MCO.

I think the market is there. Just the several hundred thousand Germans living in Florida half of the year would warrant plugging the hole between MIA and ATL.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:21 am

Location: YVR, HAM; LH SEN; Leaders Club by Leading Hotels of the World
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MAH4546:
I still find that hard to believe, but, I am not doubting that is what you were told. MIA is typically seen as a low-yield destination, but yield at MIA is a good amount above the national average and is #5 in trans-Atlantic yield, ahead of even LAX and SFO. I say MIA-MUC by summer 2004, and I would bet on it. </font>
Ok I go for it! I am at MIA at least twice a year and if you win I will invite you for a nice brackfast down in the area of ocean av or collins av. What is your part?
Let me point out the bet. You win if LH lounges new flight from MUC-MIA on LH metal. I win if they dont. We share if the flight is on OS/NG/DE....metal! Do you agree?
Old Jan 31, 2003, 5:39 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cbellero:
I personally would pay dearly for Lufthansa to reinstate their FRA-TPA flight which they dropped, what 12 years ago.

The direct flight with Condor (sorry, Thomas Cook powered by Condor) with its crazy flight times is just not the same! Or, if not TPA, how about MCO.

I think the market is there. Just the several hundred thousand Germans living in Florida half of the year would warrant plugging the hole between MIA and ATL.
</font>
There is definitely a ( seasonal ) market, especially because MCO is so underrated as a convention city, the times of being a Mickey Mouse town only are long gone.AFAIK MCO was served by Delta nonstop in the early nineties, but I was not aware of any LH nonstop to TPA.Was it on a DC 10 or 747 ??

Beside that there are always rumours about new LH destinations in the US, like MSY or MSP.I guess the new destinations are out for the 2003 season, the only question may be DUS-IAD.So far I thought LH is sitting out the offseason after UA ceased their service on Jan.6, but will start to operate a new service to either IAD or ORD later on in spring...
They did a good job getting back into the EWR market with the BBJ, but I doubt there is no market for a nonstop flight to a US hub....

Charlotte may be another option for a nonstop ex FRA or MUC, if US Air joins the * Alliance, very good connections into the Southeast, a region where United is not really a factor....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.