Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Upgrade Experience - Service Center Differences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Interesting Upgrade Experience - Service Center Differences

I finally got my second voucher as a Senator and booked the upgrade right away. First checked the availability online and I could have either upgraded my booking or booked a business class award on the Lufthansa website.

Called M&M Nordic in Sweden and they first wanted me to fax them copies of the vouchers. Also I was told that both LH744 and LH745 are full in I class and that if they waitlist me, it will be a mileage upgrade.

I wasn't happy with the answer and called M&M Germany - was upgraded right away and she didn't even need the voucher numbers as they were in her system.

Also M&M USA and M&M Germany still say SQ has 1 F award on the flight that I want but the Nordic one can't find the seat.

If anyone could e-mail me the German Senator service number, that would be greatly appreciated. My SEN material only lists the Nordic number - they seem to be somewhat incompetent with some issues.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:52 am

[This message has been edited by CaliforniaSenator (edited 01-24-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Thanks CaliforniaSenator.

I know it was Germany (regular number) when I called. Good to know they're open 24/7, the Finnish M&M center is only 10am-7pm on weekdays.

I wonder what causes the different availability, but I believe this Nordic service center (travel agent called Flyghansa) uses normal travel agent Amadeus while LH might have their own version. Just a thought.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:34 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Let's try to keep these numbers out of the public view. A courtesy email would have worked here. As you know airlines work hard for their elite members and if these numbers get in the hands of regular members.....we may all get busy signals. Thanks for understanding my edit of the actual numbers.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:44 am

I completely agree and apologize for this. Won't happen again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.