Getting from FRA to Bordeaux

Old Jan 17, 03, 5:57 am
Uli
Original Poster

Getting from FRA to Bordeaux

As someone who lives near FRA I am used to having a direct flight to almost everywhere, I was not very happy about my choices to get from FRA to BOD. I need to go there Friday night (be there before 7:30, for various wine tastings) and return Sunday night. The LH connections via MUC are horrible and Air Frog does not offer anything appealing as well (plus I dont like them as I dont get M&M miles )
Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

I also pulled out an old map of France from school and found all other airport served from Germany are pretty far away ...

As this is 50% business and 50% fun it does not come into question to rent a jet
Old Jan 17, 03, 8:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Uli:
... The LH connections via MUC are horrible ... </font>
I guess the connecting time in Munich is not your problem, it is the Canadair Jet that does not allow you to carry too many bottles of wine in your handluggage
Old Jan 17, 03, 8:12 am
Uli
Original Poster

Good guess!

But in fact, the connection times there make it a 5 to 8 hour journey .... this is slower than walking ....
Old Jan 17, 03, 8:27 am

Uli, have you ever tried to fly from TXL to the wide world?
There are no connections to elsewhere. SIN? JFK? HKG? LAX? and so on.........nothing.
For me is TXL a small, a very small, AEROPORTO-BANANA (three letter code APB).
Old Jan 20, 03, 7:42 pm

Try the BUDGET airlines
BOD seems to be a fairly popular destination for them, of course there will be NO miles.
www.flybudget.com has a more or less complete list for europe
also the travel24.de site (works in DE only as such!) now has an active map that shows all no-frills connections from german airports. Play with it and see whats there.
I used GERMANwings a week or so ago (actually it turned out to be an Airbus 320 in full EUROwings and Air Pristina livery)and was quite satisfeid with it. In jan they sell all remaining seats for 19 euro,all-in, thats even less as the airport tax.
Old Jan 21, 03, 2:28 am

Itīs really difficult to get from FRA to BOD. A few years ago there was a daily Air France flight operated by a F28. The last time I went to BOD was in October 2001 and I decided not to take the connection via MUC. I had to fly to BRU and then with Sabena. On the flight back I found out that my suitcase was damaged. I went to a SN counter and they told me to get my suitcase repaired and send the invoice to SN in Germany. I did this and after a while I received a letter saying that SN has gone bancrupt and that they wouldnīt pay for my suitcase *grrrr*

Anyhow flying via BRU seems to be a good alternative. As there arenīt any more flights FRA-ORY and most of the french domestic flights are leaving in ORY, I wouldnīt suggest to go via Paris. Have fun in Bordeaux !!!

Search this Thread