18 JAN 2002 / Mileage Run to Washington / Anyone wants to join?

Old Jan 15, 03, 2:14 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Norway/Hongkong
Programs: *G SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,014
18 JAN 2002 / Mileage Run to Washington / Anyone wants to join?

I am very "high" after hearing about the launch of On-board Internet access on LH418/LH419 between FRA and IAD.

Just booked with Lufthansa in Prague a reservation as following;

2 LH3265 W 18JAN 6 PRGFRA HK1 0955 1040 1150 *1A/E*
3 LH 418 W 18JAN 6 FRAIAD HK1 1230 1 1310 1555 *1A/E*
4 LH 419 W 19JAN 7 IADFRA HK1 1655 1755 0735+1 *1A/E*
5 LH2454 W 20JAN 1 FRAPRG HK1 0815 1 0855 1000 *1A/

If anyone wants to join, we could have a nice Flyertalk party on these flights. As you will see - return is already on Sunday.

I looked around in Europe where to find the lowest fare - and Prague was the lowest I could find with only Sat.night stay.......

The fare is around EUR 326,- + taxes. Not a super-deal, but....

Now - should I go for Business or stay in Eco.......

(I have sweared that I will "never" fly LH Eco Int'l again after a torture flight from GRU-MUC on a 340 2 years ago)

Cheers!
Mads

Norway_Asia is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 3:18 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Washington DC /Kiev, Ukraine LH M&M
Posts: 164
Hi! I will be on LH 419 on jan 19 My seat 39A
senya_tsyganok is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 4:41 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: LON
Posts: 62
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Norway_Asia:
I am very "high" after hearing about the launch of On-board Internet access on LH418/LH419 between FRA and IAD.

Just booked with Lufthansa in Prague a reservation as following;

2 LH3265 W 18JAN 6 PRGFRA HK1 0955 1040 1150 *1A/E*
3 LH 418 W 18JAN 6 FRAIAD HK1 1230 1 1310 1555 *1A/E*
4 LH 419 W 19JAN 7 IADFRA HK1 1655 1755 0735+1 *1A/E*
5 LH2454 W 20JAN 1 FRAPRG HK1 0815 1 0855 1000 *1A/

If anyone wants to join, we could have a nice Flyertalk party on these flights. As you will see - return is already on Sunday.

I looked around in Europe where to find the lowest fare - and Prague was the lowest I could find with only Sat.night stay.......

The fare is around EUR 326,- + taxes. Not a super-deal, but....
</font>
There's a W class fare for EUR 300 inc tax from London. see:

http://cms.lufthansa.com/gb/fly/en/s...251224,00.html


[This message has been edited by kristian (edited 01-15-2003).]
kristian is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 5:01 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, D.C
Posts: 249
Norway_Asia,

I would be very interested to read a trip report on how the Internet access works. Wonder if one can crash the system.

Came on LH418 a few weeks ago. All First seats had ethernet access plugs installed! They are ready to go.

Also, how do you get to Prague cheap from Norway? Doesn't the cost of the intra-European leg kill any savings you may have found?


[This message has been edited by Sherman (edited 01-15-2003).]
Sherman is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 5:09 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Norway/Hongkong
Programs: *G SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,014
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kristian:
There's a W class fare for EUR 300 inc tax from London. see:

http://cms.lufthansa.com/gb/fly/en/s...251224,00.html


[This message has been edited by kristian (edited 01-15-2003).]
</font>
Hi Kristian,

Looks like the link is not working properly. I tried to book a fare online - and got a 174+tax = 260. Also very reasonable....

I will play around, and see if I find some better solution.....

I will bring my Web-cam, maybe I can send some live reports from the flight on Saturday and Sunday.....

Cheers,
Mads

Norway_Asia is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 5:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,729
I would love to test the new service but unfortunately I have no time this weekend

Tim
Tim2008 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 7:56 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: A North Face.
Programs: TransitionMetal HyperElite Card(tm)
Posts: 2,423
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Norway_Asia:
Hi Kristian,

Looks like the link is not working properly. I tried to book a fare online - and got a 174+tax = 260. Also very reasonable....

I will play around, and see if I find some better solution.....

I will bring my Web-cam, maybe I can send some live reports from the flight on Saturday and Sunday.....

Cheers,
Mads

</font>
You need to book those specials at www.netflights.com

Regards,
Alex

alexwuk is offline  
Old Jan 15, 03, 9:28 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: TXL
Posts: 827
Cant make the 18th too. How about next weekend (25th)?
paulusst is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 1:09 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Norway/Hongkong
Programs: *G SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,014
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paulusst:
Cant make the 18th too. How about next weekend (25th)?</font>
Paulusst, try to make it this weekend! :-)

Next weekend is quite full already;
25.01.02; F0 A0 C0 D0 Z0 Y2 B2 M0 H0 Q0

24.01.02 is however wide open.


Norway_Asia is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 1:18 am
  #10  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 414
This is unfair :-). FRA-IAD-FRA (LH 418 and 419) is about 700 EXCL tax!!!
michilo is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 1:23 am
  #11  
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: FRA/STR/NUE
Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
Posts: 5,883
Wonderful! I hope for an online trip report here...

This weekend is not possible for me. If you move your travel-dates to another weekend, I would consider that...
ralfkrippner is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 1:23 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Norway/Hongkong
Programs: *G SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,014
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by michilo:
This is unfair :-). FRA-IAD-FRA (LH 418 and 419) is about 700 EXCL tax!!!</font>
FRA-LHR 1-way on 18/01/02;
31 + tax........................

Even 10 discount for booking online with Lufthansa................
Norway_Asia is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 3:12 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: YVR, HAM; LH SEN; Leaders Club by Leading Hotels of the World
Posts: 148
same here I would love to join the party at the plane and of course the pre-party with champus at the lounge but cant make it this weekend. I guess all of us need some time in advance to make the travell plans and find the best fares!
yvr-runner is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 3:31 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Norway/Hongkong
Programs: *G SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,014
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sherman:
Norway_Asia,

I would be very interested to read a trip report on how the Internet access works. Wonder if one can crash the system.

Came on LH418 a few weeks ago. All First seats had ethernet access plugs installed! They are ready to go.

Also, how do you get to Prague cheap from Norway? Doesn't the cost of the intra-European leg kill any savings you may have found?


[This message has been edited by Sherman (edited 01-15-2003).]
</font>
I have a ticket on my """favourite""" airline Ryanair from Norway to ""Frankfurt"". The round-trip fare is 0.00 + tax....

Still working on the Frankfurt-Prague thing....

Norway_Asia is offline  
Old Jan 16, 03, 3:52 am
  #15  
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: FRA/STR/NUE
Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
Posts: 5,883
One of the new german low-costs offers/intends to offer Prague, I think it was from CGN.

Otherwise train travel from FRA would be at least a possibility.

And maybe you can book award tix on Czech via KLM?
ralfkrippner is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread