FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Help to Talinn and Rejkavik (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/67725-help-talinn-rejkavik.html)

tcswede Jan 16, 2003 7:58 am

Help to Talinn and Rejkavik

Dear All,
having "inherited" some additional companies / countries to look after I need some travel advice.
What routings are there that will earn miles / status with LH M&M from Germany / Scandinavia to Talinn and Rejkavik respectively.
Thinking that SK Flight No on Air Botnia does not work ?
Any input will be very appreciated

Cheers

Thomas

Big Top Jan 16, 2003 11:28 am

Looks like you'll be on either LOT or SAS going to TLL, connecting through WAW or CPH respectively.
As for KEF, you're only choice appears to be SAS as a *A carrier connecting through OSL, ARN or CPH.
All fly out of FRA & STR.
When you go to KEF be sure to make time for the Blue Lagoon- it's well worth it and very close to the airport.
Happy travels.
BT

Sherman Jan 16, 2003 11:45 am

Only Icelandair flies from CPH to KEF. SAS codeshares on this flight.

I know Icelandair earns you miles (not Status) on SAS Eurobonus. Not sure about MM.

Sherman

fokker50 Jan 16, 2003 12:11 pm

You can fly to Tallinn on OS via VIE.
You can also fly via STO on SK (only 1 SK operated flight to TLL per day).
All SK flights between CPH and TLL are OV operated.

fokker50 Jan 16, 2003 12:29 pm

You can also always fly to HEL on LH (may be lot cheaper) and take short hop to Tallinn on Aero Airlines/Finnair or www.copterline.com (ships are about 10x cheaper and crossing takes 4 hours). Distance between Helsinki and Tallinn is only 80 km.
If it is acceptable for you to collect Eurobonus points instead of M&M miles, you may want to call to Estonian Air and inquire about fares from Hamburg to Tallinn. Estonian Air started with "low fares, all frills" concept on Moscow and Hamburg routes and prices ex-Tallinn to Hamburg start from 700 EEK o/w (about 44 EUR+tax). Unfortunately I cant find same price from HAM to TLL.

kempis Jan 16, 2003 3:24 pm

If you are flying to KEF you can choose to earn points in FIs program or SK EuroBonus. As far as I know SK is the only airlineprogram that credit you miles when flying FI.

thefareguru Jan 16, 2003 5:35 pm

deleted

[This message has been edited by thefareguru (edited 01-16-2003).]

asnovici Dec 5, 2008 3:29 pm

SK flies to KEF from OSL.

SmilingBoy Dec 5, 2008 3:46 pm

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

When you are at KEF, make sure to buy a RTW. Currently under 2,000 EUR + tax in C. If you get the exchange rate Google uses.

LH will fly there from HAM and DUS from summer on.

red star Dec 5, 2008 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici (Post 10862990)

Not sure whether it might still help five years later.

stevenshev Dec 5, 2008 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by red star (Post 10863148)
Not sure whether it might still help five years later.

:D

LH also now serves TLL ex-FRA on its own metal, btw.

tcswede Dec 6, 2008 1:24 am

Originally Posted by asnovici (Post 10862990)

Thanks for the info ^

Not that relevant for me personally anymore as the Q was almost 6 years ago - have different job now.

Cheers

Thomas

Rambuster Dec 6, 2008 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy (Post 10863091)
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

When you are at KEF, make sure to buy a RTW. Currently under 2,000 EUR + tax in C. If you get the exchange rate Google uses.

LH will fly there from HAM and DUS from summer on.

There is a long thread on RTW tix ex-KEF in the *A forum. Conclusion: Quite tricky and risky task...

f4free Dec 7, 2008 7:50 am

Originally Posted by fokker50 (Post 664286)
You can also always fly to HEL on LH (may be lot cheaper) and take short hop to Tallinn on Aero Airlines/Finnair or www.copterline.com (ships are about 10x cheaper and crossing takes 4 hours). Distance between Helsinki and Tallinn is only 80 km.

Thomas, I find Finncom also a good option for TLL-HEL. Be ware that OV flights, whether codeshared with an *A carrier or not, will not earn you M&M miles, only Eurobonus. The only exception is the OS flight number VIE-TLL-VIE, operated by OV, which does qualify for miles with M&M. (Or at least it did last year...)

I largley prefer LH from FRA over everything else to TLL. OV has cheap O/W fares in many markets that allow generous choice of feeder flights in fairly high classes. Next choice would be LO, or SK via ARN. (Hate the airport for schengen to non-schengen connections.) If you consider other alliances, I like Finnair to TLL. CSA might also be an option price-wise.

I'll be in Estonia over Christmas, should you get there anytime soon.

FlyingFinn Dec 8, 2008 12:24 am

Originally Posted by f4free (Post 10869387)
high classes. Next choice would be LO, or SK via ARN. (Hate the airport for schengen to non-schengen connections.)

Agree. Those connections are a major hassle in ARN, especially if you have a tightish schedule (i.e. anything less than an hour).

Luckily that will be history come next April as also flights to/from Switzerland will join the Schengen area. Traveling to Estonia got a lot easier last spring when they did the same.