Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat in Y on 737-300

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2003, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Best seat in Y on 737-300

Hi folks,

this weekend I will travel FRA-CDG-FRA and since this will not be on the planes I grew accustomed to (747 and BAe146), I don't know what the best seats in Y are.

So far, a search revealed that on the A310 the row to go for (if in Y) is row 16.

But I couldn't find a recommendation for the 737-300 (as listed on checkmytrip for the return leg). Is it row 9? Is this usually in Y?

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter!
Old Jan 16, 2003, 6:43 am

Location: Hamburg, Germany//Views expressed by me in this forum are solely my opinion and do not reflect the opinion or policies of LH
Hi Eule,

would you probably be inclined to let us all know what your personal definition of "best seat" is?
Do you want an aisle seat or a window seat?
Do you want to be among the first to board the aircraft or do you prefer to be among the first to disembark on arrival?
Are you planning to bring small or no hand lugagge at all or are you planning to take full advantage of your carry-on allowance?
Would you want to sit in an Exit Row seat even if the seatback does not recline?

Happy Landings.

I Love LH

------------------
Providing good service also needs customers willing to accept and appreciate good service.

[This message has been edited by ILOVELH (edited 01-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by ILOVELH (edited 01-16-2003).]
Old Jan 16, 2003, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
The exit row on a 737-300 is either Row 9 or 10, and has the best leg room on the plane.

Sometimes it will be in economy, sometimes business, depending on how busy the flight is for business class passengers. If you cannot get the exit row, then try to get the first row in economy class (the number will vary) in the "A" or "C" seats, as there will often be no "B" seat in that row (so you have more room)

Old Jan 16, 2003, 7:11 am
Original Poster

oops, sorry ILOVELH!

I was so wrapped up in what I was doing...

Although I will most likely travel carry-on only, and I like to get off the plane fast, this time I was referring to legroom. So let me re-phrase my question:

What is the seat with the most legroom in Y?

(Thank you HOUSE for the first reply.)

[This message has been edited by Eule (edited 01-16-2003).]
Old Jan 16, 2003, 7:23 am

Location: Hamburg, Germany//Views expressed by me in this forum are solely my opinion and do not reflect the opinion or policies of LH
Hi Eule,

on (most of LH's) 737-500 the window seat in the exit row offers you most leg room since there is no seat in front of you.

On the 737-300 you are referring to the exit row does not really offer you the extra leg room, one would expect in an exit row.

From your first post I gather, that you are not at all familiar with LH's narrow bodies... well, for intra-european flights (not for domestic flight though) the seats in Business Class are being converted from 6 abreast to five abreast. Due to emergency and evacuation restrictions the first row in economy left hand side (in flight direction) is always Business Configuration, which means, it has a wider A and C seat, but not B seat at all. The only exception from that rule is the A321 when the cabin divider goes between rows 8 and 11. In that configuration row 11 is 6 abreast instead of 5 abreast.

Most passengers find the room and privacy on these two particular seats quite nice and choose these seats rather than the exit.

But, and there is almost always a "But" these seats go early and fast and I have no idea if they are available through telephone check-in. Nevertheless I'd give it a try.
Anyway, enjoy your trip!

Happy Landings!

I Love LH

------------------
Providing good service also needs customers willing to accept and appreciate good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.