name change to M&M account

Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

name change to M&M account

Howdy Ya'all

having a hard time trying getting info about account name changing, so i wondered if anyone can help. A friend of mine does not want their M&M account ( with a few thousand miles left over ) anymore and wants to give it to my other mate who has no account with them yet.

reading into the website and T&C's, i found out that M&M can change you personal details if you email them without reason. is it as simple as it sounds???

my mates do not want to waste miles that will be left over and a transfer of account via personal details seems lodgical.

do we have a shot?

Kind regards

2sweetau
Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
This is not possible unless your friends have the same name and date of birth.
What you can change is your address and e-mail preferences, but not your name. Then it would be possible to simply sell whole accounts (with status!).
Thus, this is a no go.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

From the lufthansa website:_

General "Personal information" displays the details which you provided when you registered for www.lufthansa.com. This data is required for online bookings.

Name Here you’ll find your personal details. These Information can not be change online. Should updates be necessary, (e.g. name change) please contact the Lufthansa Internet Service Center on +49 - (0)1803 - 33 66 33 or for Miles & More customers, the Miles & More Service telephone on +49 (0)1805-5959 (0,12 €/min.). On this page you can choose your preferred language.

What happens with your entered data? Find information about Lufthansa data protection terms and conditions by clicking on "data protection"

BUTTON "Update Profile" Just click on "Update Profile" and the changes you have made on this page will be transmitted. Please note that the changes will be updated when you log in next.

I get what your saying but i did read this on the lufthansa website. Thats why i said this sounds simple provided you do not sell or exchange the account but i understand M&M would perceive this as a sale.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A complete name change on an account that has a decent miles balance will surely raise some flags in M&M. They are not stupid.

Your 'friend' can gift his other 'friend' some award tickets and sign him/her up for M&M. That will bring both parties 2000 miles each.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The name change referred to is where your name has officially changed due to marriage, divorce, deed poll, being granted a title, etc. It is name change, not transfer of account.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Fair enough.

well not worth the hassel for 5,300miles but small amount of miles like this is a shame to waste if they expire.

cheers for the help

2sweetau
Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:41 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Can anybody inherits the miles, when the M&M members die ? I haven´t found any annotation about this case. Does anybody knows more about it ? Or is this also a reason to change the name on the account ?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by szg
Can anybody inherits the miles, when the M&M members die ? I havent found any annotation about this case. Does anybody knows more about it ? Or is this also a reason to change the name on the account ?
You cannot inherit the miles. You can send them a death cert and if you are a first grade relative, you can use the miles within 6 months after sending the fax with the cert. Thats if youve got the PIN. If you do not have the PIN, the things get more difficult, as you need to send your award request in writing to Verl. Of course if youve got the PIN and customer or card number one might not have to tell Miles and More about the death of the relative, one could just use the miles....

Lastly if your name is solely mentioned in the will of the deceased as the benefactor of the miles and more miles, then you can fax that in to Verl too and they transfer the miles to your account, or alternatively open the former members account for your perusal.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 5:10 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Yemona
You cannot inherit the miles. You can send them a death cert and if you are a first grade relative, you can use the miles within 6 months after sending the fax with the cert. Thats if youve got the PIN. If you do not have the PIN, the things get more difficult, as you need to send your award request in writing to Verl. Of course if youve got the PIN and customer or card number one might not have to tell Miles and More about the death of the relative, one could just use the miles....

Lastly if your name is solely mentioned in the will of the deceased as the benefactor of the miles and more miles, then you can fax that in to Verl too and they transfer the miles to your account, or alternatively open the former members account for your perusal.
Thanks for the answer. So my miles can be used after death - good to know !!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Question

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The name change referred to is where your name has officially changed due to marriage, divorce, deed poll, being granted a title, etc. It is name change, not transfer of account.
Apologies for digging up this old threat but my wife (FTL) has changed her name after our wedding. We have mailed the marriage certificate and a cover letter to M&M a few weeks ago, however no new card has arrived, nor has the online statement changed to her new name.

Unfortunately, she needs to take an overbooked early morning flight booked under her new name next week where she is now waitlisted. Obviously the system rejects her FTL card so that she has no waitlist priority whatsoever.

Is anyone aware of a way to accelerate the name change process at M&M? Calling in has not helped at all so far.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Make the booking under the old name or put both last names into the reservation. If you have the same documentation with you, flying the ticket is no problem. I've had the same situation with my wife who didn't get a new passport but already had booked the ticket under my last name. Name change thru marriage is very common so airlines and government officials are very lenient.

In fact last month I made a mistake and booked my wife under her maiden name using the expedia profile I had created for her years ago. Showing the new passport and BPs with the old name she manage to pass thru checkin and TSA, but thats probably a different story for the TS/S forum
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
My wife also was able to have her named changed as she previously went by her middle name. We noticed her miles were not being credited and it was because her account info did not match her passport (also happened on SK and BA). I didn't see this in your list, so I thought I would add it.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Post M&M / LH name change procedure

Thanks for your replies. She finally got her name changed when she got through to a competent CC agent, who performed the change at once.

She was told it normally takes 4-6 weeks for the name change!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.