Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advise pls..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2002, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Need advise pls..

For some reason ( not through my fault ) my recent TG F flights did get credited to ROP instead of LH MM --> Now LH tell's me that this is ' tough luck ' and that mileage credited to another Airline can not be retrieved ! ?

Any Info - advise on this issue ?

tks for all your help

Toby on the road again
Old Oct 18, 2002, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I've had this happen once with my AC/LH accounts although I have no idea how AC got my LH number. It's generally a computer f*** up with no remedy. I tried for weeks to get them to take the miles off and post them to my AC account but you wind up stuck between two airlines' FF programmes, going nowhere fast. I was repeatedly told by AC "This is a LH issue, talk to them". You can imagine what LH told me. In the end I gave up and used the miles for a one-way upgrade on LH.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I have managed to get miles transferred from another *A airline to LH, when my travel agent accidentally put the wrong number in.

You need to talk to Miles and More in Germany, as only they seem to be able to do this. I also found the US office in California quite helpful. The numbers are available from www.miles-and-more.com .

Hopefully you should find someone willing to help. You will need to have the miles deleted from ROP, and to obtain a letter or email from them confirming the exact flights and number of miles deleted. Then send this to LH in Germany, along with boarding passes and receipts (originals not copies).

Then wait 2 months.

Hopefully, you should then get a letter or email confirming the transfer.

This is not easy, and it has been made clear to me that they would not do this for me a second time. I think it helped that I was new to M&M and could show that I had flown 40,000 miles with them the previous year (using a UA mileage plus card).
Old Oct 19, 2002, 2:37 pm

Location: NW Platinum, UA UGS, Hertz Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
I've had this happen once with my AC/LH accounts although I have no idea how AC got my LH number. It's generally a computer f*** up with no remedy. I tried for weeks to get them to take the miles off and post them to my AC account but you wind up stuck between two airlines' FF programmes, going nowhere fast. I was repeatedly told by AC "This is a LH issue, talk to them". You can imagine what LH told me. In the end I gave up and used the miles for a one-way upgrade on LH.</font>
The same thing happens to me all the time between UA and LH, which is surprising given their relationship that they can't switch the miles but am always told that "this a UA/LH issue". By the way, I have never succeded in transferring miles.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 8:53 pm
Patron

lavasushi complained, that miles are misplaced all the time between UA and LH accounts.

For all of you, who fly UA, but want to credit to M&M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.