OT Question from Talkboard: Should LH and LX forums be merged?

Old Mar 21, 07, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
Lots of interesting points being made - just a reminder, that to have the best chance of TB hearing them, please also post onto the discussion thread on the TB forum
I'm sure TB is fully capable of mastering the long and exhausting trek into this and the LX forum to read the threads. By doing so, they'd at least get a glimpse of the forums they are supposed to vote about.
Old Mar 21, 07, 10:01 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
IMHO all general Miles & More discussions in the future should be held in this M&M forum, and only here.

However, I also strongly suggest to change the current Swiss Travel Club forum to a subforum à la AF/KL for LX (and renaming it accordingly, perhaps "M&M airlines other than LH"), because there are numerous LX-specific topics (seating, service, lounges, routes, airport tipps etc.) that have so far been discussed on the STC forum. A look at the amount of posts there shows that it's anything but dead.

The new subforum could possibly include OS, LO etc. as well. There will always be differences in product and service offerings between LH and the other M&M airlines, and this would help in covering them. And if we're honest, these days FT discussions are about all aspects of an airline and not just their FFP - this should be taken into account.

Last edited by airoli; Mar 21, 07 at 10:08 am
Old Mar 21, 07, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
IMHO all general Miles & More discussions in the future should be held in this M&M forum, and only here.

However, I also strongly suggest to change the current Swiss Travel Club forum to a subforum la AF/KL for LX (and renaming it accordingly, perhaps "M&M airlines other than LH"), because there are numerous LX-specific topics (seating, service, lounges, routes, airport tipps etc.) that have so far been discussed on the STC forum. A look at the amount of posts there shows that it's anything but dead.

The new subforum could possibly include OS, LO etc. as well. There will always be differences in product and service offerings between LH and the other M&M airlines, and this would help in covering them. And if we're honest, these days FT discussions are about all aspects of an airline and not just their FFP - this should be taken into account.
I agree with this analysis. I would welcome a merger of the two forums, but I agree that there should be a sub-forum of some sort, whether it is a "Swiss" forum or a "Miles&More but not LH" forum. It just seems that given the volume of LH-related traffic on the board, questions relating to the other M&M airlines sometimes disappear in the clutter.
Old Mar 21, 07, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
I agree with this analysis. I would welcome a merger of the two forums, but I agree that there should be a sub-forum of some sort, whether it is a "Swiss" forum or a "Miles&More but not LH" forum. It just seems that given the volume of LH-related traffic on the board, questions relating to the other M&M airlines sometimes disappear in the clutter.
Nice theory. Sure, it would be nice to have one forum for M&M and LH and one for the other M&M airlines.

But: Practically, many folks would post stuff in what many will consider the wrong forum. Heck, where do you post those LH vs. LX and LH vs. OS threads? And those "Connecting between LH and LX/OS/LO in XXX" threads? The "HON service in ZRH" threads? The "LX and the FCT threads"? Where do those belong? I don't know, because I'm stupid. And I don't really wanna think about it, because I'm lazy.

In effect, this would also increase the workload on the moderator. And we'd still have to scan two forums to catch everything of interest. Not much of an improvement compared to how it's now.

So no, let's keep it simple. Put M&M and its airlines in one forum called M&M. Compared to forums like UA we'll still be small enough to keep it straight. And UA doesn't have nor need subforums for TED, UX etc.

Last edited by flysurfer; Mar 21, 07 at 4:39 pm
Old Mar 21, 07, 4:08 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks Jenbel for alerting us to the Talk Board discussion.

If anyone has opinions they want heard or to ask questions, please post in the Talk Board thread, not this one.
Old Mar 21, 07, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
Thanks Jenbel for alerting us to the Talk Board discussion.

If anyone has opinions they want heard or to ask questions, please post in the Talk Board thread, not this one.
See? We can't even pick the correct forum when we discuss how to pick the correct forum.
Old Mar 22, 07, 12:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flysurfer View Post
See? We can't even pick the correct forum when we discuss how to pick the correct forum.
This is not a question of skills. Jenbel is interesting about input from MAM and STC board. As it is unlikely that all users of these boards following discussions in TalkBoard forum, he was nice enough to give us a realistic change and asked us to respond. After 15 posts he asked again to respond in the relevant forum. This is what you had to say three minutes later (your contribution: six of 19 inputs):

I'm sure TB is fully capable of mastering the long and exhausting trek into this and the LX forum to read the threads. By doing so, they'd at least get a glimpse of the forums they are supposed to vote about.
Jenbel, if you like to avoid such unpleasant situations in the future, I suggest to post only a link and ask the forum leader to made it a sticky and to close the thread.
Old Mar 23, 07, 1:20 am

Please see my statement in the other thread ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=673682&page=2
Old Mar 25, 07, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Merge it...

...as long as we find a deep link to the historic superpoints-thread everything will be perfect and for sure will enjoy more postings from Rudi in the M&L forum.
Old Mar 26, 07, 4:51 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by RWTH View Post
(...)
It is bad enough to see the once great Swiss in-flight service being lufthansanised, so please keep at least two seperate forums... ^

I just rate it vice versa. The once bad Swiss in-flight service improved significantly: More friendly stuff, better food, better wines, better seats. ^

Overall, LX made it to a level, that I enjoy flying with them and have no aversion against them anymore.

Regarding the OP: I would merge it, it makes perfect sense with the full integration and the one FFP.
Old Mar 26, 07, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Regarding the OP: I would merge it, it makes perfect sense with the full integration and the one FFP.
Not gonna happen. They always need to be special and seperate.
Just like in politics, "perfect sense" is not a consideration, so let's just get over it and support JENBEL's motion.
Old Mar 26, 07, 7:12 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Not gonna happen. They always need to be special and seperate.
Just like in politics, "perfect sense" is not a consideration, so let's just get over it and support JENBEL's motion.
Let me try to improve my prior post:

I would merge it, because it makes perfect sense to me with the full integration and the one FFP.

Sorry, if I use political incorrect sentences sometimes. That's why I'm in business and not in politics...
Old Mar 26, 07, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Let me try to improve my prior post:

I would merge it, because it makes perfect sense to me with the full integration and the one FFP.

Sorry, if I use political incorrect sentences sometimes. That's why I'm in business and not in politics...
LOL! I agree 100% with your prior post.
But it's just not gonna happen.
So I've moved on.
Old Mar 26, 07, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
I would be happy if the two forums could be merged. So it avoids jumping.
Salve Luigi
Old Mar 26, 07, 2:16 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A reminder - if you want to inform the Talk Board discussion, please post on the Talk Board thread (linked in the OP).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: