AC Redemption

Old May 21, 02, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Location: NW Platinum, UA UGS, Hertz Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
AC Redemption

My in-laws are travelling from Munich to Cleveland on Thursday. MUC-FRA (AC flight number, LH operated), FRA-YYZ (AC), YYZ-CLE(AC).
1) Can I use an electronic upgrade this close to departure or do they need paper certs?
2) How much is the award?
3) Which legs would the award upgrade?
4) If no upgrade is possible then on the MUC-FRA can I use my Senator 50,000 mile threshold upgrades for them. I will not be at the airport but am a Very High Yield passenger (350k on LH last year, all in paid F on intercontinental, paid C in Europe). I heard that sometimes LH makes exceptions regarding the use of these. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 21, 02, 3:07 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
You cannot upgrade AC with LH miles (only LH/OS-Group and UA). To use the 50k voucher on a domestic 45 minute flight is wasting it IMHO.
Old May 21, 02, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
InfoFlyway says upgrades should be requested 7 days in advance, but I'd give it a shot and call M&M directly (maybe through the SEN service, to make sure they know who you are). If you have the record locator they could do it on the spot, if possible.
Old May 22, 02, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
I confer. You cannot upgrade on AC aircraft. Only LH metal and on LH flight number and with that you can use electronic upgrades on LH miles. (Well, there's UA too but you need a certificate for that).

The 50K upgrade is good only on one european flight. You need two for an intercontinental sector and as far as I know, only you youself can use it.
Old May 23, 02, 5:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">.... and as far as I know, only you youself can use it.[/B]</font>
or any person travelling with you on the same flight

Old May 23, 02, 6:00 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
LH's ZRH people officially told me (and I have done so successfully) that I or Gisela (married, same last name) can use my/her vouchers, even when not travelling together.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: