Best option for award travel ZRH-AKL-ZRH in C?

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:55 am

I would go for a routing via BKK on TG. Award seat availability with M&M miles is generally much better for TG than for SQ or NZ (I think this reflects the fact that TG is still regarded by many as a second tier airline, especially compared to SQ -- which I think is an unfair judgment). I did FRA-BKK-AKL around Christmas, and TG still had award seats available where others were already completely sold out of revenue seats. For connections, the new BKK airport is great. I especially enjoyed the Royal Spa where you could bridge the time between flights with an authentic Thai massage (for USD 15 per hour).
Old May 1, 2007, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I wanted to come back and say thank you to everybody for all the valueable inputs! ^

After hours on the phone with M&M I have finally suceeded to book our award flights on the dates as planned.

We will split up and fly two different routes, arriving within 12 hours of each other:

Mrs. Goliath and me:

LX338 ZHR-LHR
NZ38 LHR-(HKG-)AKL

NZ39 AKL-HKG (Stopover)
NZ39 HKG-LHR
LX325 LHR-ZRH

Our friends:

LH3721 ZRH-FRA
SQ25 FRA-SIN
SQ281 SIN-AKL

SQ298 CHC-SIN
SQ26 SIN-FRA
LH3720 FRA-ZRH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.