LH service to/from DXB

Old Jun 26, 01, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
LH service to/from DXB

Are the A340's that fly to DXB 2 class or 3 classes of service? Also, the return leg seems to depart DXB at around 2AM, so I assume that there is no "dinner" service as such but only perhaps?) a snack and then a full breakfast before landing in FRA?

I will be on a C ticket. Thanks.

Old Jun 26, 01, 12:59 pm

Hi,

it is a 3 class service.

you are right, it is only a snack (well, a little bit more than a snack) + a full breakfast.

greetings

senatorservice
Old Jun 26, 01, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Gracias, SenatorService. Im very impressed with your quick response time. While you are at it, any tips on what I can do in DXB for 1 day...?
Old Jun 27, 01, 2:30 am

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Gracias, SenatorService. Im very impressed with your quick response time. While you are at it, any tips on what I can do in DXB for 1 day...? </font>
Hi Gaucho100,
I have some tips for you, Im often in Dubai: The best shopping center is City Center, but pretty expensive.. A good experience is the indian shopping district, take a taxi to Hotel Astoria and start from there... old bazar etc. Things are very very inexpensive .. The river is also there and for no money you can take a trip to the other side and back with the water taxis. The beach in jumeirah is very nice I never tried water this hot. There a good public beach or you can go to the hotels and pay a small amount for access to their beaches...

Do you need more tips ???
When are you there...we could take a mex beer

Old Jun 27, 01, 2:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Gracias, SenatorService. Im very impressed with your quick response time. While you are at it, any tips on what I can do in DXB for 1 day...? </font>
Go and visit the Burj-Al-Arab Hotel. If you don`t stay there, they will charge you an entrance-fee but it`s very well worth it since you have never seen anything like it (and the entrance can be credited against restaurant-charges). I stayed there for 2 nights and spend hours sitting in front of their water-fountains. Nothing compares!1
Old Jun 27, 01, 2:50 am

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Meilensammler:
Go and visit the Burj-Al-Arab Hotel. If you don`t stay there, they will charge you an entrance-fee but it`s very well worth it since you have never seen anything like it (and the entrance can be credited against restaurant-charges). I stayed there for 2 nights and spend hours sitting in front of their water-fountains. Nothing compares!1</font>
Yes it is nice experience , I never figured those fountains out.... The minimum access fee is 35 USD bar certificate....
Old Jun 27, 01, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the tips. Well, Ive decided I will definetely stay at the Burj, and also it seems like the night markets are also a must see. Until what time do they stay open?

Longhauler, I will most probably be there from September 5-7. Let me know what your itinerary is, perhaps we can meet up and I can buy you that Mexican beer. So the shopping is expensive... thanks for the correction, I was under the impression that the airport shopping was supposed to offer some bargains. The Indian shopping district sounds interesting, I will be sure to check that out.
Old Jun 28, 01, 8:30 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
I went to Dubai with LH last year - even did a trip report - I was very happy with the snack

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001630.html

Have a good trip

jon
Old Jul 9, 01, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
One more question on this FRA-DXB route - do the A340s they use have personal TVs? Also, are there any rows in Y worth requesting for extra legroom - I'm *Gold, if that will make any difference? Thanks!

star_world
Old Jul 10, 01, 4:53 am

personal TVs: yes in F and C, no in Y

seats w/ extra legroom in Y: try 20D or 20G - these are the aisle seats of the middle group in the 2nd row of Y. Since it is a 2-4-2 configuration except for the first row in Y (which is 2-3-2), you have extra legroom - at least for one leg.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: