where's the legroom in LH European Business Class?

Old Mar 18, 2001, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1MM 1K, KLM/AF Plat, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
where's the legroom in LH European Business Class?

hi,

i've flown a lot of LH business class lately both within Germany and Europe and am kind of annoyed that their is no difference in legroom between econ and "C" class.

seems kind of crazy to me considering those "C" fares (especially to england) are
very expensive.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 5:15 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
it (seats/space) is the same with/on any major competitor in Europe. The fares are cracy (and only 'justified' by the non-restrictive rules for change of flights/dates, and the lounge access may be).

often, I get a lower priced fare flying Zurich-FRA-North America return than only ZRH - FRA return (same flights,same dates).
Old Mar 19, 2001, 8:14 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Seat configuration is different in C vs. Y on intra-european flights on LH.
In Y it is 3-3, in C 2-3 and they try to seat
only 2 on the 3 seat side.

Service difference betwwen C and Y is large.
Y gets chocolate bar on many short routes,
sandwich on longer and a "real" meal only if flight is longer than 2,5 hours circa.
C gives real meal even on 40 minutes flights.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 11:32 am

Programs: Lufthansa senatoe, BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Unlike Air France, LH (and others)will not guarantee that they will not fill the middle seat of the 3-abreast. I have never yet caught a flight on SAS from MAN-CPH without somebody sitting in the middle seat. Uncomfortable on an MD80.

If AF can make travel comfortable for their Biz class customers paying exhorbitant air fares, why can't the rest!!!
Old Mar 19, 2001, 4:27 pm

This has always been like this on European carriers. LH and SR used to have a first class cabin even on short-haul flights but they eliminated this product.
The current situation is obscene!
Old Mar 24, 2001, 6:43 pm

I have never really thought why, but I find LH intra-Europe C Class one of the worst in terms of space - I am a big person, but LH's are the only seats I use frequently where I can't actually open the tray table, therefore don't usually eat on LH - however, I find the in-flight service fine, although the ground service stinks in my opinion.

In terms of the cost of C class, my view is simple: If you don't like the fare, don't pay it, fly Eco instead, the difference is negligable. Infact on the routes I frequently fly, it is normally less crowded and Eco and I (like many other passengers) 'down-grade' once on-board the aircraft, to get more space.

Nick
Old Mar 24, 2001, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another annoying thing about the euro-flexibility of non-club seats... The armrests generally don't raise, so you cannot spread out even when there is space available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.