Routes with F class (140,000 miles award)

Old Feb 13, 07, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Routes with F class (140,000 miles award)

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while and learnt many interesting things - thanks to all the posters. For my first post, I have a question.

Having earned my SEN status flying entirely in Y class (I know some people here will pity me ), I'd like to use my miles to try F class on LH for once...

My "budget" is 140,000 miles from Europe (actually 210,000: 140,000 + 70,000 for companion award) and the obvious question is: which of the possible routes have F class ?

I have tried to make dummy bookings (real, not award) on the LH website to find out the answer but it is a bit cumbersome. I know obvious destinations such as JFK have F class, but I know the US well so this is not my priority. Does any flight to Canada have F ?

[Incidentally, I just found out that it has been suggested to add this kind of information to the new FAQ in this thread, but since nothing has been added so far, I'll keep this message here...]

Many thanks in advance for any help !

Zorglub
Old Feb 13, 07, 8:16 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Zorglub1234 View Post

My "budget" is 140,000 miles from Europe (actually 210,000: 140,000 + 70,000 for companion award) and the obvious question is: which of the possible routes have F class ?

I have tried to make dummy bookings (real, not award) on the LH website to find out the answer but it is a bit cumbersome. I know obvious destinations such as JFK have F class, but I know the US well so this is not my priority. Does any flight to Canada have F ?

[Incidentally, I just found out that it has been suggested to add this kind of information to the new FAQ in this thread, but since nothing has been added so far, I'll keep this message here...]

Zorglub
There's no F ex Canada anymore. F out of BOS,IAD,JFK,EWR,ORD,LAX,SFO (not all) not sure about DEN and MIA, I guess MIA more than DEN!
Old Feb 13, 07, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by MACH81 View Post
There's no F ex Canada anymore. F out of BOS,IAD,JFK,EWR,ORD,LAX,SFO (not all) not sure about DEN and MIA, I guess MIA more than DEN!
MIA definitely, DEN not at the moment but will come back as far as i know...

sentom
Old Feb 13, 07, 8:26 am

Having earned my SEN status flying entirely in Y class (I know some people here will pity me ), I'd like to use my miles to try F class on LH for once...

Zorglub
Thanks for introducing yourself to the forum, Zorglub.

I have been in a similar situation a few years ago and I also earned the miles in Y pretty much. I rewarded myself with a FRA-IAD and return LAX-FRA in F. It was truely awesome. I used the trip to make my way across the US and visited friends all over the country. With the dollar being so favorable to the Euro I could image you can put together a nice trip. Just a thought.
Old Feb 13, 07, 8:27 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Yes, sorry for being a bit rude! Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 13, 07, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while and learnt many interesting things - thanks to all the posters. For my first post, I have a question.

Zorglub
Well, 140,000 will take you to North America, South Africa or India. Why not have a trip to South Africa? Availability may be a bit difficult, but you can try.

SmilingBoy.
Old Feb 13, 07, 9:37 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Not all these routes are offered for 140k, but maybe it's interesting to take a look on it anyways.

source

All 747 variants, A330-300, A340-300 (340 and 34P configurations but not 34V or A340-600).

Routes
Between Frankfurt and
Bangkok
Beijing
Boston
Buenos Aires
Capetown (seasonal route)
Chennai
Chicago
Delhi
Denver
Detroit
Ho Chi Minh City
Hong Kong
Jakarta
Johannesburg
Kuala Lumpur
Los Angeles
Mexico City
Miami
Mumbai
New York JFK
New York Newark
San Francisco
Sao Paulo
Shanghai
Singapore
Tel Aviv
Tokyo
Toronto
Washington Dulles

Between Munich and
Charlotte
Delhi
Denver (as of March-31)
Montreal (seasonal)
New York JFK
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Sao Paulo

Between Bangkok and
Kuala Lumpur

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Feb 14, 07 at 10:43 am Reason: added SFO and LAX ex MUC & updated up to #21
Old Feb 13, 07, 9:48 am

Programs: LH FTL**, HH Diamond
nice one f4freeJunior ^ ^
Old Feb 13, 07, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Some of the US East coast flights are so short (e.g. JFK) that it is really a waste for go in F - at least in my opinion. My favourite routes are the true longhauls like SIN/NRT/HKG.

Why not go for a combination of F one-way and return in C (or vice versa of course). This will give you your F experience and save you some miles in your account.

I enjoy the FRA-SIN flights, as they leave in the late evening and you can enjoy the full meal service with caviar and plenty of drinks and then sleep off the alcohol by the time you get to SIN !
Old Feb 13, 07, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk View Post
nice one f4freeJunior ^ ^
Thank you whiskey. It was not a big deal.

The source is from the *A thread. However, I just realized that the source there is not up to date.
May I suggest, that we use my post here as the reference thread, and our lovely moderator Kiwi Flyer can directly edit my post and the respective post here in the *A forum since he's the poster there as well.

Of course I will support Kiwi in editing my post. But I guess he's faster than me anyway
Old Feb 13, 07, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I enjoy the FRA-SIN flights
Rambuster, let me know when you're in SIN next time, and we go for a beer somewhere...
Old Feb 13, 07, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior View Post
Between Munich and
Charlotte
Delhi
Montreal (seasonal)
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Also, starting on March 31, there will be three-class A340 service between Munich and Denver (LH480/481).
Old Feb 13, 07, 11:57 am

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, IC Amb
Only ONE discount

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Why not go for a combination of F one-way and return in C (or vice versa of course). This will give you your F experience and save you some miles in your account.
Unfortunately they allow you only "discount". Either you can take the companion award or you can mix F and C for the "mixed mileage" (90+140)/2=115. Thus you are better of with a companion award both ways in F for 210 for 2 pax than with a "mixed" for 230 for 2 pax (without companion discount). And you have the better product
Old Feb 13, 07, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Rambuster, let me know when you're in SIN next time, and we go for a beer somewhere...
Absolutely ! Probably end of March (after Cebit). I will go for a couple of days recouperation at the Oriental !

I suggest the Paulaner Bräuhaus in SIN.
Old Feb 13, 07, 12:56 pm

Programs: M&M FTL , Hilton Gold, NH Gold
Not all these routes are offered for 140k, but maybe it's interesting to take a look on it anyways.

source

All 747 variants, A330-300, A340-300 (340 and 34P configurations but not 34V or A340-600).

Routes
Between Frankfurt and
Bangkok
Beijing
Boston
Buenos Aires
Capetown (seasonal route)
Chennai
Chicago
Delhi
Denver
Ho Chi Minh City
Hong Kong
Jakarta
Johannesburg
Kuala Lumpur
Los Angeles
Mexico City
Miami
Mumbai
New York JFK
New York Newark
San Francisco
Sao Paulo
Shanghai
Singapore
Tel Aviv
Tokyo
Toronto
Washington Dulles
Don't forget DTW!! Not really an attractive travel destination (especially in winter), but still F service from FRA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: